It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

books ommited from the bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ok i was pondering some questions about why the church would ommit books from the bible; and i came up with that the church didnt want you to know the full truth but wanted you to know pieces of the truth to control you, but the truth jesus tought to the people was that they should be free from all control except from that of god, so could by them ommiting books from the bible could they basically be condemning people to hell just to controlling people because they think they know better than god? and have any of you guys actually read any of the books ommited from the bible? i would really like to know they seem fascinating but i cant get hold of any of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
yep....it's good to search for the truth...they're called the apocryphal gospels or something. google it. apocrypha. they're fairly easy to obtain.
welcome to the search for truth. hopefully you'll find it

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

This seems strange to me, that you can not find any.
You obviously have access to the internet. Do a search.
The reason they excluded them was because they were the work of the Devil and was his attempt to destroy the church with error.(or so they thought) This is true of some, like the Gnostic Gospels. There are other books that were in wide use in the churches, that did not make it into the Bible. This is not so much that they were in error but that they could not pin down the authorship or authenticity.
I do not go for the notion that the Bible was somehow changed in order to control people. The making of the Bible is something that was a big project and was carried out by scientists of scripture and not by the political wing of the church. What the political people did was to hide the Bible altogether from anyone who was not a priest.
The big secret is you do not need a church hierarchy and priesthood for your salvation and it is a free gift from God.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You'd better have no doubt in your mind about what you just said, I mean, how would the political not control the "spiritual scientists" as well? they'd hide the bible from people, so what entity allowed others to apparently assemble it objectively?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I learned this on the internet. Granted, I had to read hundreds of pages to get a good understanding of it. Don't take my word for it. Search it yourself, if you are worried about it.
Just because they did not have an internet back in those old times, they had an operating social network. These people communicated and there are records. The main players are known people and we have evidence of them in their own writings and accounts of them from others. They were people of high integrity, and independent as far as not having anyone not in their own circle of associates getting involved in their work.
What I am talking about is the making of a Bible. It may seem odd but no such thing existed for hundreds of years. There were scattered manuscripts around the Empire. They had to be collected and copied and arranged until they finally, after great effort which was the life work of many scholars, had a Bible, meaning a book. One single bound volume with all the books of the Bible in it. Interestingly enough, by the time they had it perfected, it was almost when they invented the printing presses that made it famous.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

Those who do not know the truth are still blessed. They are blessed because they don't realize or understand what they do. They are poor in spirit, poor in truth. They are not rich in the way god see's riches - wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

As such they have not yet rejected the truth, and they will eventually know the truth. Only those who know the truth but specifically go to keep people ignorant and so forth would need to worry about anything, those are what you would call the "wicked". They know the truth, but purposely keep it hidden for their own gain/agenda. This is to "blasphemy the holy spirit".

And while no doubt things have been kept hidden from people, it's not that the information or understanding is not available to you. It is available for all, and it doesn't come from books or other men, but by actively seeking out answers to those deepest of questions.

new topics

top topics

join