It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top House Lawmakers Disclose Investments in Bailed-Out Firms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Top House Lawmakers Disclose Investments in Bailed-Out Firms

www.washingtonpost.com

At least 18 members of the House Financial Services Committee -- which oversees the banking and housing industries at the core of the economic meltdown -- held stock last year in firms that received federal bailout assistance, according to a review of the forms that were available yesterday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
C'mon people. We're getting slapped in the face daily. I'm telling you that these 'gentle people' are testing OUR resolve. They want to tighten up control, and in order to do that they need to see where we all stand.

Now we come to find out that the TARP bailout money that the American People overwhelmingly didn't want, is actually going into the same people's pockets, who made it law!

This has become a government without representation. We the People have become little more to the power elite, than hot air, and these people will just crank up the "air conditioner" all at our expense.

We are the donkey with a carrot dangeling from a stick, in front.

GRRRR!!!

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just read in one of tentickles posts that said that lawmakers can also invest in companies that are getting ready to benefit from a law they are making. Yep, I'd say that's insider trading - for you or me, but then we aren't above the law.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Do as I say, not as I do!!! LOL, that is what burocrats in our country expect.

I'm thinking that if the US American People stood up like our British brethren, then our 'leader's' would change their tune. However, changing a tune is a bit late.

It is time for action, and letting the PTB sing the jail house blues.

new topics

top topics

join