It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Tobacco Candies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

I do not apologize.

You already made your posistion on the subject very clear and I see no reason to debate it with you. You asked me why I was hostile, which I wasn't , but was willing to oblige and I answered you.

If you take directness as hostility then I can't help that.

You now understand how I feel, I hope so anyways and see no further reason to discuss it with you.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'd buy it if it means I can quit smoking. Yeah I realize neither is a good idea, but it would be nice to give my lungs a break.

Personally, I think it's great they are trying things like this out. There is more to the smoking habit than nicotine no matter what anyone says. The reason the patch helps some is because it allows you to tackle one part of it at a time. The physical habit and then the nicotine habit which can be done by decreasing the amount of intake over time.

If I could get past the physical habit, I'd be able to quit alot easier.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The senate just voted to have tobacco regulated by the FDA..... I suppose you will need a prescription to purchase even cigarette lighters and matches when this becomes law.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Who cares if teenagers smoke or use tobacco?

Big deal. They drink soda, have sex, among a myriad of other things.

And they drive cars!

Egads!

[edit on 12/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

In NY now a pack of Marlboro or Newport is $7.75, that is just crazy. I used to roll my own but now the price of the supplies and tobacco is just the same as the generic smokes so stupid addicted me is now paying a nice hefty $6 a pack for the cheapest generics i can find.

Hey redhead don't put yourself down. Nicotine is the most addictive drug out there. I finally quit- cold turkey, after @#&% decades on May 19th. That cigarette demon keeps reminding me at times to light one up, but I keep refusing. I can't believe how much control nicotine had on my life! But NOT anymore. I won't give the tobacco companies one more penny!

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It isn't hard to quit smoking.... I have quit hundreds of times and like the way that I feel so much afterwards, I start smoking again so I can quit again..... I think that the ritual of making a cigarette, putting it in a holder and lighting up, has become a big part of my addiction..... I don't smoke so much that I have withdrawal symptoms as I did when I bought them by the pack or carton and only had to reach in my pocket and then light one up.... The process of making them one at a time slightly delays the gratification, much the same as cooking and preparing a meal does compared to eating fast food and results in a healthier utilization of tobacco as it does with food products.... I order tobacco products when I am out over the net and do without for five or six days at a time to keep the cost around $2.00 a day or in most cases less.... I don't thing I could manage the candy tobacco products nearly as well... When the FDA begins regulation of tobacco products, there will be a growing market for legal herbs and botanical products for smoking and I might give them a try.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join