It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i have such a normal live..Never seen a UFO..no ghosts..no OBE's...no nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hi,

Are there are more memebers like me...

I never saw a UFO

never saw a ghost (i used to walk my dog in a cemetry everyday to pop up my chances)

never had an OBE (tried so many times)

never heard something strange

Why is that....always had a normal life

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
you never needed to be convinced maybe?

I bet if you start meditating something will happen soon enough

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
May I suggest you try with lucid dreaming if you want to experience weird things? It may be not as glamurous as an OBE, or as life changing as an abduction, but is surely easier to achieve and it only depends on you. There are lots of books and free info in the web in the matter, and explanations on how to achieve them. And they sure are fun when you are in control

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
me too mate, and i like to think that people like us on this forum have a healthy tendency towards skepticism about the 'natural order of things' as well as towords the more outlandish discussion topics on this forum. Im not calling all the people who experience weird unexplainable things crazy but there is something to say for 99.9% of the population not believing a word of what half the people on this forum say. They cant all be so super special. Be happy!

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Kevin_X1]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Some people are plagued by all of those things. They are different. Others can go their whole lives and never experience them, they are normal (according to what society accepts). Sometimes normal people experience one or two of those things because they are around one of those different people. If you want to have something odd happen.. find a friend who has had many experiences and stick close to them. Sooner or later something will happen while you are together.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You're life's about to get flipped turned upside down. Things are about to get beyond your imagination. The government knows about it all too. They keep their people out of the loop.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I am sorry to tell you this bad news, but the reason you have not had any of these experiences is because you are sane, rational, science-fearing person. I know you will be disappointed by the news.

I actually suffer from the same disease and realize how life would be greater if I could dream up a fantastic life for myself.

Maybe someday they will make a drug for us, one that will cure us from this illness of sanity.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
BaxterBis...never tried lucid dreaming..i might give it a go

locster...ur right..i beleive everything

NephraTari......urs is a good theory

watchtheashes...u think?..how?

grapesofraft..lol...at least ur like me

10q all

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Try going to this place.

www.amazon.com...

Spend some time in the San Luis valley of southern Colorado, northern NM
and you will never be the same.

It may not be what you expect! Be very careful what you wish for!

[edit on 11-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't know what to tell you Heineken...

I've had less than 1/2 dozen "strange" experiences; I didn't seek out or ask for any of them, and I hope it doesn't happen again. How's that for open-minded?

I even considered a few times that perhaps some of the activities I participated in during my misspent youth contributed toward a perception of things that aren't there. I still consider that a possibility, however when an experience leaves a physical mark on your body, then other options have to be considered, such as subconsciously making the marks yourself, or misidentification of it (them).

My $.03 USD? Don't be disappointed, be glad. It doesn't make you a boring person, just makes you less damaged than say, someone like me.

cheers

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

LOL.. did you have to throw in your 3 cents because hyper inflation is kicking in?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Yeah, I DID say USD, didn't I?
I just figured it was worth less than the last time I gave an unsolicited opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Well don't worry be happy! Next year at this time it will cost $1.25 USD to state an opinion.

second line

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Alright bro, all I got ta say is... you searched this site out and signed up for a reason. Obviously your intuition is telling you theres more. Just because you cant see, feel or hear something doesnt mean its not there.
Keep your eyes open and eventually something is just bound to pop up.
-Z-

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That would be because ghosts and OBEs are the products of overactive imaginations (or...uh...'altered' perceptions) and 'strange' noises or happenings can result from completely ordinary events.

About the UFOs...while I believe aliens exist, and they may have visited Earth at some point...it's much more likely that any UFOs you see will, at best, be some government aircraft and, at its most mundane, will be a satellite or something like that.

Congratulations - you have a normal life, like most everyone else in the world. Nothing to be ashamed of.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by Romantic Rights]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
First, you don't suffer from some form of schizophrenia or other mental illness like many members on the ATS boards.

I want to believe too, but nothing has happened to me other then one occurrence of seeing something ghost-like when I was a child.

However, I would have to question what I saw when I was a child, because I also saw ghost-heads of cartoon characters floating around me once.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I too have never seen a UFO. I've never had an out of body experience. I've never seen a ghost. However, these are specific labels for occurrences that can have certain qualifications applied to them for them to be known as whatever it is they are.

I have experienced sleep paralysis attacks and these do share some qualities of what can be labeled an out of body experience. I have been in a theater and was told to walk towards the back and look to my right where I did notice a bizarre shadow in the shape of a person right next to me. The employee told me its a ghost but I couldn't really describe it as such. I've seen a large black cat-like animal in the moonlight that climbed a tree and left paw prints in the morning which I imagined to be a black panther, but I couldn't be sure due to lack of light. When I was 8 yrs of age I awoke to see some kind of entity standing next to my bed. As I was frozen in fear and eventually cried myself to sleep I never actually saw what it was and figured that because light from a fish tank around the corner was lighting it up and I couldn't see the shelves on my wall because it was in the way, it had to be an alien.Yet I have no proof other than what I think I saw.

Just now my dog began barking hysterically at the precise moment the music stopped playing mid-song from my computer. The doorbell rang but nobody is there to push it. I stepped outside and I'm standing right next to the door bell and it rings again. What just happened? I have no idea, but I can imagine it's a poltergeist. Or lighting struck somewhere nearby and a surge caused this bizarre activity.

My point is it is all perspective. How you experience reality. As of yet I've experienced a number of things that can suggest the paranormal, but nothing that absolutely convinces me. I remain open to the possibility. I know just how overactive my imagination is and it is for this reason I literally need something to smack me in the face before I'm 100 percent sure about it. But a number of kooky things do happen to me regularly and I remain cautiously suspicious. By sheer chance, you just haven't experienced anything you can qualify as a UFO, ghost, out of body experience, or anything else paranormal in nature. Just remember tomorrow is another day. You may yet run headfirst into the unknown.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You are not alone

One of my first threads was on a similar topic ( Why Not Me? ).

I have had some paranormal experiences....but I have never seen anything in my 30+ years that would be called a UFO. I look to the skies continually (more than looking at the ground) and am outside a lot. I have lived all over the US and visited other countries. Still nothing considered a UFO has ever been witnessed by me.

Oh well. I will just keep my eyes open and hope

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

I am sorry to tell you this bad news, but the reason you have not had any of these experiences is because you are sane, rational, science-fearing person. I know you will be disappointed by the news.

I actually suffer from the same disease and realize how life would be greater if I could dream up a fantastic life for myself.

Maybe someday they will make a drug for us, one that will cure us from this illness of sanity.

i am definitely far from sane and so are most of my friends, and we believe in most things paranormal, crpytzoology, ufology, aliens and past civilizations, conspiracys, government coverups, engineered diseases and viruses, etc, but have never seen a ghost, ufo or any cryptid

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What is a normal life? Is this mysterious world and the nature of your existence not strange enough for you? You do not have to strive for the paranormal or whatever. What you call normal is a mystery right before your eyes!

new topics

top topics

join