It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero soldier killed himself over Bernard Madoff loses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Hero soldier killed himself over Bernard Madoff loses

www.timesonline.co.uk

A highly-decorated former military adviser shot himself in the head after losing his life savings to the crooked American financier Bernard Madoff, an inquest heard today.

William Foxton could not face the shame of being declared bankrupt and killed himself with a 9mm Browning pistol on a park bench near his home in Southampton.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
it is just one of examples. there are many more man who decided to commit suicide due to the present economic crises. their deaths are not welcome by the people standing behind the collapse. Madoff has a blood on his hands. but it is nothing if you compare it to the banksters and Bilderbergs.

so how to get rid of this kind of the news in media? it is easy - just find a good body which can make the proper recomendation.

and here we are:
www.afsp.org...

from the content:
"A number of recent stories in the media have highlighted tragic suicide deaths in the context of the current financial crisis."
(...)
"Therefore, it is important for the media to avoid sensationalizing recent news of suicides by linking them to the economy when the statistics are not available and facts are limited."
(...)
"AFSP urges the media to refer to these recommendations for any and all future reportings on suicide,..."

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This I'm not surprised to hear at all.

I can't speak for the last 10 years but, when I was in we had base wide meetings about everything. One of them was money and investments. They would explain if you placed 100 in this or that of every paycheck received or even just monthly within 20 years you would be worth a million or more.

Many of the people I worked with were doing this. I personally at the time felt I didn't know enough about it and didn't trust some stranger in a suit to mess with my money sense my grandmother learned the hard way about investments.

When the stock market initially went down I remember the first thing I thought of was a Col. I worked for and how he would invest everything for a very good retirement. I just hope he got it out in time and didn't let it ride as he was a good man.

I'm actually surprised and relieved at the same time that we haven't heard a lot more of this happening.

My prayers go out to his family whomever they may be.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

there are many ways the government is taking our money to "invest" in our name. most of it disappears after some time. with our retirement fund they pay the present bills. they have no limits at all. thanks for your story BTW

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Not to degrade this mans tragedy but during the 1929 crash and the 5 years after, the number of suicides was nearly 100,000. When governments stop supporting those without incomes,and that's soon I fear, there will be many more than just those of Madoff's doing! Wait till all these commercial real estate debts start to fail and those pensions that are invested in that ponzie scheme find out!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

problem here is that we won't find out the number of victims of this crises. the system works so: we are not having any stats linking the crises and suicides. so media are recommended not to link it.
in translation: you can not inform the public opinion about the real numbers of suicides caused by the economic collapse. amen

[edit on 11-6-2009 by czacza1]

join