It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, Destiny Not Realized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was thinking about the path my life is on now, and today realized that there is going to come a point in the next year or so where the path my life will take will be in the hands of someone else.

This lead me to ask, what happens if my dream is denied? Considering the last 3 years of my life have been focused on that goal. A goal which myself and family have been sacrificing for.

Looking for some different thoughts on the matter.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As no one has ever wanted to post a reply, and my search has continued, I will post a new development.

I was reading on finding your purpose in life on various websites and one suggested that in order to do this, you must write down an answer to the question "What is my purpose in life?" until you reach one that makes you cry. Well, I don't know how an answer that describes your purpose should make you cry, but I tied it, to some extent, and the one that evoked the most emotional response, is : to merely observe the world in a time of great change for humanity, and ultimately die, having made little impact on the whole.

It the concept is true, this is rather depressing.

new topics

join