It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop Tutorials ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Photoshop Tutorials

I love working with images in Photoshop but the program is so robust that it�s difficult for me to use even half of its capabilities. I have a basic understanding. Can anyone suggest to me a decent website that has easy to follow tutorials with screenshots or good plug-ins?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Photoshop Tutorials

I love working with images in Photoshop but the program is so robust that it�s difficult for me to use even half of its capabilities. I have a basic understanding. Can anyone suggest to me a decent website that has easy to follow tutorials with screenshots or good plug-ins?

www.thewebmachine.com... This guy is the best in my opinion (although he has not updated in a few months)

share.studio.adobe.com... Very good addons for PS
(free registration required, but worth it)
www.absolutecross.com... Nice one I found recently. Good clean tutorials.

Let me know if you need any more kinglizard. Your stuff is really cool. Post some more when you get a chance.

Later
dl

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank you darklanser.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Glad to be of service. My PS skills were boosted by the first one I listed. It's an eye-opening site.
I had been using Photoshop fr years and never really took advantage of what it could really do.
Enjoy.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
My PS skills were boosted by the first one I listed. It's an eye-opening site.

Wow you arn't kidding. That is the most informative and easy to follow tutorials I've ever seen. That site is going to help me so much.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hey I like that first tutorial page you gave. After checking some of it out, and messing around with Photoshop for a bit, I came up with this.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Hey I like that first tutorial page you gave. After checking some of it out, and messing around with Photoshop for a bit, I came up with this.

Hey Faisca, your images aren't showing. None of them in fact. Your avatar, sig pic and the image you posted show the dreaded red X
Maybe it's Angelfire. Do they allow remote linking?

EDIT: You know...it might just be on my end. Our admin here at work blocks a lot of personal websites....I will look at the pics when I get home.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by darklanser]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hmm... That really sucks, I'll have to look into that and figure it out. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Hmm... That really sucks, I'll have to look into that and figure it out. Thanks for the heads up.

I can see all of your pics. I think it's on darklanser's end. Nice photoshop pic.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ok cool, phew. I can see my stuff too, but I didn't know if that was just cuz its all on my comp.

Thanks for likin the pic =)

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Good stuff Faisca.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yep. I can see them here at home. The security admin at work filters out strange stuff sometimes. Personal e-mail accounts, personal websites, online auction sites, game sites. Glad he hasn't blocked ATS yet....

(yes...I do work sometimes too.)

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
While I'm here I just wanted to give props to omega1 for originally posting the webmachine tutorial site. Here's the thread about it. I wanted omega1 to get the credit for finding it. Thanks omega1

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am attempting to follow some tutorials in Photoshop. The directions in a lot of them say to �Set 50% (of a color)� in the color palette. Can anyone tell me how this is done?

I would appreciate any help on this subject.

Thank you,

kinglizard

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hmm, I have used photoshop almost every day for the last 9 years, and I'm not sure what that means. Is that 50% pressure with the brush, or a color that's 50% (in rgb) of the original.

Can you post the link?

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thanks Zzub. This is a screen shot of the tutorial. What do you think?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
50% grey is, in rgb, 128,128,128 (128 is half of 256).

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
50% grey is, in rgb, 128,128,128 (128 is half of 256).

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your help Zzub. How did you come to the 128,128,128? If i wanted to use other colors how would I set it in Photoshop? Where do you enter the numbers?

Thanks I need to sign off so I will read your response later on if you have one.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If you double click on the little black/white color thing in the tool bar, it opens the dialog that allows you to set the foreground and background color.

You enter the colors by typing them in, or using the sliders.

255, 255,255 is white in RGB. 0,0,0 is black in RGB.

The values for 8-bit color (photoshop prefers 8-bit) range from 0 to 255.

Pure blue is 0,0,255
Pure red is 255,0,0
Pure green is 0,255,0
Pure yellow is 255,255,0
And so on.....

If my explanation sucks, you can feel free to u2u me at any time about any photoshop issue, and I'll try my best to help.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thanks Zzub, I will play around with those settings, I appreciate the offer to U2U you about any problems I may have while working in Photoshop.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I just thought I would share this site with you. I was working with Photoshop and was having difficulty finding a font that would work with my project. I searched around and found the site listed below. It has every font you could ever want, most are freeware some are shareware. Check it out you will be pleased.

www.mouserfonts.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join