It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama move would eliminate 8 of 10 pocketknives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Obama move would eliminate 8 of 10 pocketknives

www.worldnetdaily.com

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency is proposing a new definition that could be used to eliminate 8 of 10 legal pocketknives in the United States right now, according to activists who are gearing up to fight the plan.

The federal bureaucracy is accepting comments – written only – that must be received by June 21 before its planned changes could become final, but Doug Ritter of KnifeRights.org, said the implications of the decision would be far-reaching, since many state and federal agencies depend on the agency's definitions to determine what is legal in the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So now they even want to go after pocket knives. This is getting ridiculous, but shows the mindset of the current administration, as well as the Liberals who think they have an obligation to disarm the entire population because of their flawed ideologies.

Noone, not even other Americans have the right to try to disarm Americans when the forefathers saw it important that Americans should be armed.

Even if the majority of Americans become Liberals, they have no right to ban, or erase the Second Amendment, or even to change it.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
But what I really want to know is, what about our Ginsu Knives? Can we keep them? You can't buy them in stores, only through mail order so can we still get them if pocket knives are outlawed??? I just couldn't cut another tomato without one.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I collect pocket knives and have well over 100. Some of them are practicle and others are meant to only inflict as much damage as possible. I wouldn't want them to ban any pocket knives, because I would have to get rid of alot of mine, but I can see why they might do it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

arm
2  /ɑrm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahrm] Show IPA
–noun
1. Usually, arms. weapons, esp. firearms.
2. arms, Heraldry. the escutcheon, with its divisions, charges, and tinctures, and the other components forming an achievement that symbolizes and is reserved for a person, family, or corporate body; armorial bearings; coat of arms.
–verb (used without object)
3. to enter into a state of hostility or of readiness for war.
–verb (used with object)
4. to equip with weapons: to arm the troops.
5. to activate (a fuze) so that it will explode the charge at the time desired.
6. to cover protectively.
7. to provide with whatever will add strength, force, or security; support; fortify: He was armed with statistics and facts.
8. to equip or prepare for any specific purpose or effective use: to arm a security system; to arm oneself with persuasive arguments.
9. to prepare for action; make fit; ready.
—Idioms
10. bear arms,
a. to carry weapons.
b. to serve as a member of the military or of contending forces: His religious convictions kept him from bearing arms, but he served as an ambulance driver with the Red Cross.
11. take up arms, to prepare for war; go to war: to take up arms against the enemy.
12. under arms, ready for battle; trained and equipped: The number of men under arms is no longer the decisive factor in warfare.
13. up in arms, ready to take action; indignant; outraged: There is no need to get up in arms over such a trifle.
Origin:
1200–50 for v.; 1300–50 for n.; (v.) ME armen < AF, OF armer < L armāre to arm, v. deriv. of arma (pl.) tools, weapons (not akin to arm 1 ); (n.) ME armes (pl.) ≪ L arma, as above

Synonyms:
artillery
equipment
munitions
ordnance
panoply
coat
emblem
ensign
escutcheon
insignia
shield
signet

dis⋅arm
  /dɪsˈɑrm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dis-ahrm] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
1. to deprive of a weapon or weapons.
2. to remove the fuze or other actuating device from: to disarm a bomb.
3. to deprive of the means of attack or defense: The lack of logic disarmed his argument.
4. to divest or relieve of hostility, suspicion, etc.; win the affection or approval of; charm: His smile disarmed us.
–verb (used without object)
5. to lay down one's weapons.
6. (of a country) to reduce or limit the size, equipment, armament, etc., of the army, navy, or air force.
Origin:
1325–75; ME < OF desarmer. See dis- 1 , arm 2

This bill is erroneously against the United States Constitution.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
8 out of 10? Why dont they go for all 10? How did they come up with teh number 10 anyways? I used to look at pokcet knives years ago, when i was yuonger..thiers almsot a countless assorted types of them! I had wnated to start collecting them, as well as sick lookin battle axes and swords... just too damn expensive. I just like how they look..they truely do make for excedllent living room decor

So, why pocket knives? whens the last time you heard about some maniac using a pocket knife smeared all over the major news networks? Really congress, pocket knives...how pathetic and childish this idea is. Besides, IF yuo were succesful in eliminating 8 or 10 out of 10 pcoket knives...people will still learn to use other things, even a twig from a tree made sharp at the end, can be in fact, be made into a deadly organ puncturing tool. Does that mean yuor gunna outlaw trees as well? Hell, anyone can simply use thier kncukle or fingers to press into the eye socket or used to rip prats off.....does that mean being born with hands and arms will be made illgal?
UNBELEIVABLE

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Because if they took all 10, we wouldnt have dinner knives or steak knives.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hell last december i went to visit an old friend...and guess what he made..being a handyman and mechanic...he made a shank!! about 3 to 4 inches long, easily concielable, and made out of a stub a steel he found at a machine shop. He was simply board, and got creatinve thats all...for the record. Does that mean the FED will outlaw any solid metals?
congress and obama must really have too much time on thier hands to be conjuring this stuff up, rather than focusing on the economy and creating AMERICAN jobs

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'll just have to turn my spoon into a shiv then!

What about all the knife makers that will be out of jobs? Guess they can get in the unemployment line behind all the dealership owners and workers that OBAMA has single handedly put out of work.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
LOL heres the best one to be banned.....saftey razors!!! in the form of saftey shaving razors, or hte 1 or 2 sided blades yuo can get at any hardware store or supermarket lol. Even paint stores carry em.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
imagine being detained or going to prison, booked under carrying a wilkonson shaver or gillette saftey blade as a concealed weapon lol.. sad to say seems to be the direction FED is going: (
shoot, all yuo gotta do, is take yuor used shaving razors, carefully pry the plastic up and off the bladed, use small scissors to pop out hte steel, and accumulate enough to melt or solder together till yuo got yuorself a crude, but effective blade/knife!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
imagine being detained or going to prison, booked under carrying a wilkonson shaver or gillette saftey blade as a concealed weapon lol.. sad to say seems to be the direction FED is going: (
shoot, all yuo gotta do, is take yuor used shaving razors, carefully pry the plastic up and off the bladed, use small scissors to pop out hte steel, and accumulate enough to melt or solder together till yuo got yuorself a crude, but effective blade/knife!

Watch out he'll give you a skin rash!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

LOL heres the best one to be banned.....saftey razors!!! in the form of saftey shaving razors, or hte 1 or 2 sided blades yuo can get at any hardware store or supermarket lol. Even paint stores carry em.

Don't forget 09/11 was done with "box cutters!"

Maybe they should outlaw hammers, nails, and woodsaws too!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
LOL getready lol yeah. I ddint think of that yet....nails. Imagine that, thier already pre made and ready for use and murder lol. Man, i would love for a 3o r 4 days to sit in on these meetings and get togethers they have over rediculous things like this....i wouldnt vote or say anyting, i just need a good laugh and gie me reason to remind me im sane comapred to our leaders lol

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

8 out of 10? Why dont they go for all 10? How did they come up with teh number 10 anyways?

Ritter said the effect of the proposed change would be that the new design in knives, many of which contain a tiny spring to help the user pull open the blade and lock it into position, would be classified alongside those true weapons where the user just presses a button and the blade is ejected.

The above states what sort of knives they are talking about which look like this , and happens to be most pocket knives now-a-day.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
With the uncountable number of knife manufacturers and their numerous models and every states differing laws I find it hard to believe there are only 10 legal pocket knives.

This is assinine.

I guess he didnt like the resistance all of his gun crap was getting so he decided to start small. Small and stupid.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Crap that pic you posted happens to be my favorite model. I carry one on me at all times, one in my motorcycle saddlebags and one in my windshield bag. It has awesome action and can hold a great edge.

They can kiss my ass if they think I'm going to give up that knife.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They do not want us armed in any shape or fashion.

If you have no weapons and no way to defend yourself... you are more docile and easier to control.

I don't really see what is so hard about this to understand.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
BTW, here is another quote from the article where they got the 8 out of 10 knives.

Ritter suggested that up to 80 percent of the pocketknives sold in America today either are one-handed opening knives or so-called assisted opening knives – and they all suddenly would be classified as illegal switchblades.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So, am I to understand that nonfolding sheathed knives worn on the belt in plain sight will still be okay, IF they are 3 1/2" in blade length or less?

absurd. Makes about as much sense as here -- we aren't allowed pocket knives with blades longer than 3 inches, however, it's still cool to walk or bicycle down the road with a two-foot machette.

From what I gather reading the article, the focus is on quickly-opened or "one-hand-open" knives. So that should take care of knife-weilding criminals, because they'd NEVER use a non-folding knife. Nope. Makes business suits hang funny. Bad form.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join