It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Would Be Shut Down If It Were Audited, Expert Says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The American people have to take their country back. Or else they could continue to live in denial and let the problem get even worse.

I had a dream one time where I watched the news and they showed all the corrupt American politicians being round up and brought to prison. I wish to see that dream in the reality one day. And I want to see it happen ASAP so we can get it over with.

Not sure what I can do here in Canada. Sure we have corrupt politicians too, but in no way do we lead the way like our US neighbors

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

Originally posted by dreaken1993
if americans were willing to march to these peoples places of stay and enact a civilian arrest they would have to be prosecuted and their is tone of evidence, plus they would be charged for treason

but lass, no one has the heart to do it and if only a few do it we will get nowhere but everyone just wants to sit back and let the ron pauls and alex jones who dont do anything but complain just like all of us on here

I tried talking about doing what you suggest, it ended badly with the FBI showing up at my door.

Not to mention that the courts and the judges would be in their pockets anyway, so what honest court would there be that would actually hear the case, and put them in jail? The systems has been so corrupted beyond repair, the ONLY way I see us going back, is for a violent phsysical purge and removal of these leaders/judges/senators/etc. etc. by the people. Put them ALL in jail, or out to sea, I don't care which. Then start anew by holding elections again.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by flysse

this is so true! i've thought about it many times. how can anybody take it upon himself to force each person to pay to be allowed to live? the price is getting higher and higher. It's not really about buying stuff any more. It's just what is required to continue. people decided that some people owned land. people own water. even those who believe they own land sometimes discover someone else owns what's beneath the surface. i'm sure they will figure out how to own air. insanity.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just a bit confused..

I thought that the FED was Audited? And, that it was only a myth that it was never audited by any public entiy or congress?

Either way, the FED is a sham.. caused more problems than solving them.. and too much disparity thru out the world..

Does anyone know any more information about other money missing in Government... Like, why not audit the Pentagon then?

Remember on September 10th 2001 when Rumsfeld made that speech (probly to clear his conscious) that $2trillion was missing from the Pentagon and that those records just so happened to be on the same side of the building that the plane crashed into?
Well, I do not know if those records were truly there or not, but I do know that Rumsfeld did indeed make that claim and that it was conveniently forgotten about the next day...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by herbii

I don't know about American missing money, but here in Canada, there is a very recently begun investigation into $20 million in missing gold from the Royal Canadian Mint. The latest news on that is they've managed to determine that they don't have the gold they thought they did, i.e. it wasn't an accounting error in inventory. It may still be an accounting error, but it's starting to look more like it may have been stolen.

www.ottawacitizen.com...

BTW, the $20 million figure isn't in that link, or I didn't see it anyway; it was in my local newspaper as the upper limit given by an unnamed source. (Edmonton Journal)

There's this American missing money, too, but if you've followed ATS recently, you probably already know about it.

$9 Trillion missing

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The powwers that be, the Elite are making their moves now. Anything that can be done to stop them needs to be done now. We can only hope that any kind of legislation that can make it out of congress can have to show what the FED is doing.
The Fed's moves are all part of the plan, that is, the total control of the government, plain and simple. I just hope there are enough Senators, and Congressmen left, who aren't on the "elite" team, who can save what we have left.
We will see.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I noticed my representative is supporting this bill. In fact, both representatives for Idaho are (oddly enough, being as red as it is, Idaho has both a Democratic and a Republican representative).

I wrote him this letter:

Congressman Mike Simpson
802 W. Bannock, Suite 600
Boise, Idaho 83702

Dear Mr. Simpson,

I recently became aware that you are sponsoring H.R. 1207. I am writing you to say that I also strongly support this bill and I hope that you will continue to support despite the efforts of the Federal Reserve to stop this bill from coming to fruition. As I understand it, there are some cosponsors that have been swayed by the Fed and have pulled their sponsorship. Please don’t be one of those people.

I should note that I am against the very existence of the Federal Reserve, as many people are, but since it doesn’t seem like those who have the power to abolish it ever will, at least in the near future, this bill will do just fine.

It’s time we hold somebody accountable for the mess we are in. There are many to blame, but I believe it starts at the Federal Reserve Bank.

Thank you for supporting this bill. I am proud that, not only is there somebody who has exercised some intelligence when it comes to fixing the state of our economy, but also, that one of those people happens to be my representative.

Very Sincerely Yours,

Anya

--I'll let you know when and if I receive a response.

I strongly suggest many do the same. You can even use my letter as a template if you want. We need to let them no we support them so it may be harder for them to pull back if the Fed tries to sway them.

If I find out Mr. Simpson pulls his sponsorship, I will send a copy of this letter with a scathing one decrying that foul decision.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I am no financial wizard (far from it), but could it be possible they are allowing this to happen? So we can savor a "victory" and wonder how we are going to take the country back. Meanwhile the IMF is beginning to issue bonds to the big guys around the world. Russia, Brazil, China, eventually all the g20's.

www.bloomberg.com...

They have to sell their u.s. treasuries in order to do this and the IMF bonds are issued from Special Drawing Rights. Is this why we see the fed go down. To make room for these IMF issued bonds? Is this our new currency?

No matter what victory it looks like we are going to achieve with abolishing the fed, before celebrating, ask yourself if that is what "they" really want.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It doesnt really matter: if we shut it down the new reserve will popup the week after with a new name like blackwater did.

We can try whatever but it will not do any good; unless somehow there was a commercial on the tv came across tell everybody everything about them and we all know that ain't gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister E.
Think of how that would affect the economy and business in the us. I don't think the government will allow an audit, and if they did, it would show everything is ok and nothing is wrong as they keep us in the dark about it. And to think, these are the guys helping out car companies, banks, and other bailout business in the us.

I'm sorry, but do you actually own a company or are you at least an executive within a company?

Well I do. And not only do I, but I also work with all the major car companies. I was 100% against the bailout and they aren't helping me at all.

Yes, I have watched my revenue decline with haste over the past year and a half. To the point where the auto industry isn't even our main focus anymore.

The only companies it helps out are those who keep getting big corporate loans. And news flash, that is not the majority of companies or businesses out there. It is only the wall street corporations.

In fact, due to the inflation and increased prices due to the printing up of more money, it has actually hurt my company a good bit. My company is debt free and doesn't borrow money. This means that as they print up more money, they are taking away the purchasing power my company has. And while we may operate on savings rather than debt, it's not an unlimited supply. We've had to cut many "non-essential" employees pay just to try and keep the overhead down.

As it turns out, giving GM and these companies billions of dollars doesn't help people buy cars. It doesn't help anyone. If GM should start spending that money in a way other than paying off their existing loans, I'll be sure to let you know. But thus far this year they have just gotten worse. I work with all the manufactures and they rank very low on my totem pole.

And I'm actually someone who has been a fan of chevy my entire life.

Turn off your TV and quit thinking wall street has much at all to do with the health of most companies. Propping up failed businesses doesn't help anyone. There is a reason they were failing. I completely wish they had just gone under, would have been better for me. I might would have lost a buyer/customer but it doesn't really matter if people aren't buying cars.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I wrote my Congressman last month asking his stance on bill H.R. 1207. This is the BS reply I received:

Dear Friend: Thank you for the opportunity to address this important issue with you. As a member of our North Florida family, your views are important to me. I appreciate the thoughts you have communicated. Today we are facing some of the toughest economic times since the Great Depression. People in North Florida and all over America are struggling and becoming more and more concerned about the economy. In these times, Congress has taken action to make sure our financial system is sound. The Federal Reserve was created in 1913 to provide our nation with a stable financial system. This non partisan entity supervises the regulation of our financial institutions and influences monetary policy and credit conditions. Throughout my time in Congress I’ve always worked hard in support of fiscal responsibility and openness in government and we must continue to ensure that the Fed remains a non political entity. H.R. 1207, Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 would open up the Federal Reserve to an audit. This bill has been referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. I do not serve on that Committee but I will continue to track its progress as it moves forward. If it comes to the House floor for a vote I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind. Thank you again for bringing your views to my attention and adding your voice to the ongoing debate. Please continue to write to me, and I encourage you to sign up for my e-newsletter by visiting my website at www.house.gov/boyd. Sincerely, F. Allen Boyd, Jr. Member of Congress

(I made a few parts bold)

Looks like my Congressman is against the audit. Go figure.

Good news is there are know 206 co-sponsors to this bill!

Snippet from a email I received from RonPaul.com today.

If your representative doesn't support Ron Paul's bill yet (list of co-sponsors), contact them as soon as possible and ask that they support the "Federal Reserve Transparency Act H.R. 1207.".

I have a email from Ron Paul's website that I could forward to anyone who would like to write there Congressman. It has a nice generic email and instructions for anyone that is new to it. Just send me a U2U and I will forward it to you.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by lucentenigma]
[first edit didn't work, added the bold and note]

[edit on 10-6-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The US government's growth has been out of control for decades - this is what happens when the masses have their say at the voting booth - so easily duped into stuffing their own money into big brother's pockets

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Has anyone thought that the Federal reserve shutting down could be the plan?
no federal reserve, no way of paying off debt and the beginning of a new global financial institution.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Allow me to point out something of national interest. Last week I heard the Chairperson say on national tv that Congress needed to change or make some new guidelines to strength the banking system. Because she mentioned that a couple of very large full service (without saying which ones) banks (ie. Wells Fargo or Bank of America) were to fail that the FDIC didn't have the resources to bail em out.

To me that say's how BROKE the FDIC really is.
below is a link to that woman.
www.fdic.gov...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreaken1993
if americans were willing to march to these peoples places of stay and enact a civilian arrest they would have to be prosecuted and their is tone of evidence, plus they would be charged for treason

but lass, no one has the heart to do it and if only a few do it we will get nowhere but everyone just wants to sit back and let the ron pauls and alex jones who dont do anything but complain just like all of us on here

Even though I agree, I wanna ask this, and seriously if I'm wrong tell me, but when has any real substantial change ever come from something like a major march or protest? I mean, I've seen photos of THOUSANDS of people marching, and yet it seems what ever their agenda was, continues to be. As I said, tell me if I'm wrong, maybe I'm missing or forgetting something.

I have the heart, and as much as I would like to do it, I'm an average joe. I have no idea how to start something like that. But I AM willing to follow. Maybe we all need some guidance from outstanding leadership?

And I'm kinda leaning with the guy that said something about outside help, but I'm afraid to many egotistical sheep would see that as an act of war on their homeland...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Time to protest the FED! Now would be perfect if not for all the fear of domestic terrorism going around. We'd probably be labeled as extremist and the fight would quickly be lost.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hopefully this isn't off topic, but I wanted to say it before I went to sleep....

Any one else really sick of hearing about our miliarty budget? "It's For Defense".....

OK, so If a group of radical extremists, living in third world conditions managed to hijack 4 commercial US jets with very unconventional weapons, then use these aircraft to completely demolish 3 humongous, extremely secured buildings, and also use one to Kamikaze-style attack the absolute MOST guarded, protected, secured, absolutely no-fly zoned, defended building IN THE WORLD.....

Defense?? HMM....I feel very safe. Thanks for spending my money so wisely guys!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Sometimes the stupidity of some of the people on this board just irritate me beyond belief. Everyone is so quick to blame others for their financial hardships... but is it really the Federal Reserves fault that you cant save your money instead of buying that plasma screen TV, that gas guzzling hummer, or that subscription to "conspiracy theory weekly"...

People always preach about how the government or the Federal Reserve needs to take responsibility for their actions... but seriously I feel like that is such hypocrisy considering we're pointing fingers at people for making our lives harder because we were too lazy to go to college and get a degree for a job thats actually useful.

If anyone needs to take blame for our financial hardships, its ourselves... for not working those extra hours when they come to us, for not going out and applying everywhere possible when we don't have a job just so we can have some type of income... and for sitting at home watching American idol wishing we could live like stars instead of actually making an effort to become one.

America has turned into such an embarrassing place to live not because the government made us this way, its because the American way is and always will be the easiest way. If you can blame someone else for the problems you cause yourself... why not?

want proof? go to your local department store and watch how people shop. you'll see people throw merchandise all over because they don't want to put it back where they got it from and you'll see people throw a tantrum at even the slightest inconvenience of a long line or a declined outdated coupon. God i love being an American.

Or if you disagree with me, you could go on saying the federal reserve is behind everything... and maybe they'll close it down because you're not happy with them... and thousands more people in America will be without jobs.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

That bastard needs to be thrown out! All the enablers that don't even wince when they're lying to your face need to be replaced by people who understand that we as humans are not commodities. We are not here to be herded by big banks! By supporting the fed, you support oppression. Hopefully we're on the brink of something here.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anomen

you couldnt possibly be more wrong.

it is well documented that the colonizers of the early USA had left the european continent for the explicit purpose of escaping the central banking system.

unfortunately, so few people truly understand how "money" works. have you ever wondered why it is not taught in primary school?

here is the corruption in a nutshell: (principal + interest) must be payed with (principal only). the money-eating monster. thus creating a situation of ever spiraling debt and foreclosure, with the only logical conclusion being that the central bank eventually owns everything.

your comment about personal responsibility is debatable and probably true. but you are way way waaaaay off the mark by defending our system of money.

edited to add that i also agree with your point that the american ideal is embarrassing and shameful and we definately got ourselves into this mess.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by tgidkp]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join