It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Christians: Oil-streaked icon 'miracle'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
To the mods: forgive me if I put this in the wrong forum, I dont usually post things of this nature.

Israeli Christians: Oil-streaked icon 'miracle'

RAMLA, Israel – Christians have been flocking to this dusty Israeli town to see what locals are calling a miracle: streaks of what looks like oil mysteriously dripping down an icon of St. George at a Greek Orthodox church named for the legendary third century dragon slayer.

Worshippers said Tuesday that the more than two dozen streaks might represent God's tears or the Christian rite of baptism. The church priest, Father Nifon, first saw the streaks while preparing for Sunday morning services, they said.

"He kissed all the icons, and when he reached that one, he took down the picture and he cleaned it," said Aida Abu el-Edam, an English teacher and longtime church member. "After 20 or 25 minutes, he looked again and he saw the oil again and said, 'This is a miracle.'"

Pretty interesting too me. Is this a miracle or some sort of fluke. It is pretty old.

Let's discuss.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I wish there was a better picture of this.

I also think someone should check any lines that run over the painting. It sounds like a drip.

No offense intended.

join