It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it "just" ET?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Today its not hard for us to consider the possibility of life on other planets. You might be considered something of a primitive if you don't at least consider the possibility. !,000 yrs ago, the concept of ET life would have just been beyond comprehension. I think we need to look at "classic" ET life, but also extradimensional, and even ED life that one could be called spiritual. Then there may be types of life so strange to us we can not yet put it in a catagory. We should be able to think of the possibility of life forms so unusual, though we can not come close to comprehending them at this level of our sophistication. WE may see them as life at all.

This does not mean one has to understand the details of how "non-mainstream" life may exist. Just let us understand it can. It may take us many thousands of years to "to figure it out". But we should try. I am convinced as we understand life less like our selves, we will understand ourselves better. Would like to know what you think gang, thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
Today its not hard for us to consider the possibility of life on other planets. You might be considered something of a primitive if you don't at least consider the possibility. !,000 yrs ago, the concept of ET life would have just been beyond comprehension. I think we need to look at "classic" ET life, but also extradimensional, and even ED life that one could be called spiritual. Then there may be types of life so strange to us we can not yet put it in a catagory. We should be able to think of the possibility of life forms so unusual, though we can not come close to comprehending them at this level of our sophistication. WE may see them as life at all.

This does not mean one has to understand the details of how "non-mainstream" life may exist. Just let us understand it can. It may take us many thousands of years to "to figure it out". But we should try. I am convinced as we understand life less like our selves, we will understand ourselves better. Would like to know what you think gang, thanks. [/quote

I should add one reason we need to expand on deffinitions, is in some cases the remarkable similarity between "ET like" and Near Death Experiences. I find this very strange, unless its some form of psychological attempt to figure out what is so unusual, the brain puts it in to "other unknown events", and we do our best to figure it out. (Again sorry about spelling, but by know you know my spelling sucks) It's taken me many years to, with my dyskexia, type at all. So far on this site, not all but this one no one has stated the obvious; I type like a coked up, one handed monkey.

new topics

join