It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i thought id share this with people of the ufo community , its an interview with both Wells , Orson and HG , they talk abit about hysteria that occured during the radio show of War of the worlds ,

i thought id be nice to share this since its not everyday you have a chance to hear them small talk about what happened.

be it psyop or not , it got people moving and doing all kinds of things,

might have even spawned a generation of belivers.

Z.
Wells interview

[edit on 9-6-2009 by zerbot565]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

You do have to wonder how much of an influence Welles' show had on the government regarding UFO information during the 40s and 50s. Probably a pretty significant amount.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

after listening to it again a few times,. the "falseflag" scenario or psyop some how lingers over it all ,

i find it quite scary that orson dodges the question on wether or not it was a "halloween" prank when Hg asks him and that Orson changes the subject and starts to talk about the society in wich the novel takes places and how its mirrored in to our society ,

almost as if it was a "freudian slip" ,

he dosent deny the prank , instead he talks about the perputrator , the sick democracy that would use fear and terror towards its citizents and even Hg is on the same lines,

but one might ask if there is a connection between kissinger and orson in the psyop or dissinfo aspect of it all , i read in an other thread that kissinger was the man in charge for Ufo dissinfo and war time propaganda in the late 50´s

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It has been suggested that War of the Worlds was a psychological warfare experiment. In the 1999 documentary, Masters of the Universe: The Secret Birth of the Federal Reserve, writer Daniel Hopsicker claims the Rockefeller Foundation funded the broadcast, studied the panic, and compiled a report available to a few.A variation has the Radio Project and the Rockefeller Foundation as conspirators.[7] In a theatrical trailer for his film F For Fake, Welles joked about such theories, jesting that the broadcast indeed "had secret sponsors".

While Mercury Theatre had no sponsor, CBS and the Rockefeller Foundation were contracting the leading crowd psychology researchers of the time; CBS had Edward Bernays, the Rockefeller Foundation had Ivy Lee. With the involvement of Frank Stanton in the Radio Project and his position in the CBS research department, it is possible the "creative curiosity" of Orson Welles came from conversations within these business circles. A detailed documentary on these circles and the ideas behind social manipulation was made by the BBC, called The Century of the Self.

There has been continued speculation that the panic generated by War of the Worlds inspired officials to cover up unidentified flying object evidence, avoiding a similar panic. U.S. Air Force Captain Edward J. Ruppelt[8], the first head of UFO investigatory Project Blue Book wrote, "The [U.S. government's] UFO files are full of references to the near mass panic of October 30, 1938, when Orson Welles presented his now famous The War of the Worlds broadcast."

Personally, I think this was just an example of Welles being Welles, an artist of the highest order when he was on his game but a magician and showman who loved to push his audience's buttons. You should check out F For Fake.

new topics

top topics

join