It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1207 "Audit the Fed" bill now up to a whopping 207 Co-sponsors! 11 Away From Going to House Fl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Earlier in the day, we reported that HR 1207 is now up to 200 cosponsors. I'd like to correct that... by changing it to 207!!!
Rep. David Dreier (R-CA)
Rep. Steve King (R-IA)
Rep. John Boehner (R-OH)**
Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D-CO)*
Rep. Chris Lee (R-NY)*
Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-NC)
Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA)

* House Financial Services Committee Member ** Minority Leader, House of Representatives (Yes, you read that right!)

www.campaignforliberty.com...

This is big news! Just a few votes away from this bill entering the house floor!

The Republican Minority Leader in the House of Representatives has now co-sponsored!

The heat is on the Fed!

Great job to those who have emailed/faxed/phoned their Congressmen urging them to support this bill!

Like minded people can get things done! It just takes work! End the corruption of the federal reserve!

More info on the HR 1207:
www.opencongress.org...
www.govtrack.us...

[edit on 9-6-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Alright some progress, and once they get 11 more co-sponsors as long as they all vote yes, then it will go to the senate. That is going to be a whole different battle though.

Something has to start happening. The proverbial SHTF scenario is fast approaching.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

The proverbial SHTF scenario is fast approaching.

I think so to. The Fed has even hired it's own lobbyist for damage control. I don't know how long the charade will last...quite honestly I didn't think it would take this long...but that just means the fall will be harder.

I was especially surprised by Boehner. I think he's scum. We'll see if he still votes for it. Being the Minority House leader definitely helps matters.

I agree about the Senate as well....the Senate is FAR more corrupt than the House.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Even if does barely squeak by int he senate I doubt it will have enough votes to override Obama's veto.

Things are not good.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

If this passes the Senate and Obama vetoes this....well...

This would not be a good move on his part.

Many people have put lots of work into getting transparency on the Federal Reserve.

If he did veto the bill...this should raise red flags to everyone...no matter what they believe in.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

If he did veto the bill...this should raise red flags to everyone...no matter what they believe in.

That's the problem people don't know what they believe in, I'm about to start a thread on that here in a few minutes I just have to get some poll results and spell check it then I will post it.

top topics

join