It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone noticed the rise in Extraterrestrial movies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It maybe just me, but I have been seeing loads of movies that relate to either Aliens, or UFOs this whole year, like District 9, Star Trek, Race to Witch Mountain, and even Planet 51 for crying out loud!

Is this some coincidence, or making E.Ts much more known throughout our country so we can be easily told a UFO/Alien Disclosure?

Honestly, I think something may happen. They do not just make a load of alien movies for nothing.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
NO i havnt noticed..but i have indeed noticed, whenever governor Schwarzenneggar coems into the news, as CA has money problems, his movies are played alot for a week! make me think thier playing on the publics emotions.you know...yeah CA is broke and im a terrible governor..but Look at my legacy of movies, everyone loved me..I'll be back remember me? lol

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I've noticed an increase in this say also. Some may say that it is for paving the way to disclosure.

Who knows for sure? To be fair, It could be due to the rise in UFO sightings recently and hollywood are simply looking to make a quick buck out of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

I don't think it's anything coincidential, it's just a phase. You'll see a lot of alien/space type movies, then they'll put out war movies, then some drama, then a surge in cheesy romantic comedies, it just changes all the time. People get bored with the same kind of stuff all the time, so they change it up. I remember 10 years ago there were a bunch of asteroid movies.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

It would be nice to believe that ufo / alien disclosure would be imminent but IMO I think it's unlikely to happen.
If it did as well I would be probably more suspicious of why it had been disclosed after all these yrs of denial.
I think the spate of alien related films are just Hollywoods flavour of the month so to speak. Although the movie "KNOWING" was very interesting. Now that movie could well have a message attached on future events.
I personally have seen ufo activity quite close-up on one occasion only.
So I know they're out there ---it could have been military unknown aircraft but they were definately unexplained.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
NO i havnt noticed..but i have indeed noticed, whenever governor Schwarzenneggar coems into the news, as CA has money problems, his movies are played alot for a week! make me think thier playing on the publics emotions.you know...yeah CA is broke and im a terrible governor..but Look at my legacy of movies, everyone loved me..I'll be back remember me? lol

I highly doubt Arnold has any control of his movies being shown when he's on the news, but I do agree that kind doesn't help peoples mood even though he actually isn't to blame for all of CA's mess. But looking at it in a funny way, I could just picture him preparing a speech to deliver bad news while they are getting him Tv ready, and while admiring himself in the mirror going, "yes the people of KalEfornEa will not like this speech, so i'll just throw in the lines from my movies and to sweeten the deal, I will make tv stations play my movies because people love my movies and they love me almost as much as I love myself" He then does a few poses in the mirror, "I'm the best!" then goes to deliever his speech.

I do know what you mean though, it's the same thing when they put an article on the homepage, paper, or mostly TV on how rich and great so/so celebrity is and they get into how they live, how expensive and great their houses are while people are worried about losing their jobs, homes and are facing a pile of bills. The last person that person wants to see is this celebrities life.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've noticed an increase in "alien movies" but look at the spate of comic book based movies, and the tv shows like "Heroes."
Does this mean that we are developing "powers and abilities? Are these movies and tv shows sending messages to those special ones out there, calling them to meet in some hidden location to plan a take over the world?
Nah! It's just good old escapist fair like us babyboomers enjoyed when we were kids, wearing crew cuts, PF Flyers and bluejeans.
But damn! The special effects are so much better!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I believe in a global consciousness in one way or another so this could explain why you are seeing more UFO reports & movies, but what I don't know is what's controlling the global consciousness. The movies through us? An outside force?

What does history say about an upswing in alien chatter?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Aliens, as long as the movie is halfway decent, is a guaranteed money maker.

Geeks, like me, love that sort of stuff.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

I tend to agree. Last year, for instance, the amount of Vampire-movies and productions were HUGE. Much, much greater in number than UFO-movies.
But than again, who knows what THAT was intended to mean, huh?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is new videos posted everyday on youtube, so "yes" there is an increase in sightings for sure

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

it is a slow process by hollywood/government to acclimate the populace to an eventual plan called alternative3. only my opinion. it all started with orsen wells' radio broadcast, invasion from mars

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Perhaps somone is paying off directors to make these movies so the public can get more used to aliens, so when the time comes hopefully chaos does not occur

-Fox

top topics

join