It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comunist China holds NOLA Mayor Ray Nagin HOSTAGE!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

how about this, Nagan was sitting close to a passenger that was showing flu symptoms. so he is being held under quarantine to see if him his wife or body guard develop symptoms. If he doesn't they will unfortunately let him go.

their is no conspiracy here. but you are making wild accusations with absolutely no proof and you are probably trolling on very thin ice.

So my suggestion to you is come up with some proof to back up your wild claims before a mod comes along and post bans you for posting knowing false info!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
China has charged Americans with spying before people. This fact isn't too far fetched.

www.nytimes.com...]China Has Arrested American on Suspicion of Spying for Taiwan

China Charges American Writer

CALLING FOR THE IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF
CHINESE-AMERICAN SCHOLARS HELD IN CHINA

But no, not Nagin, he won't have to face bogus charges in a communist country. One known for BS charges, human rights violations, killing innocent protesters. They are the good guys.

The facts are right now. Nagin does not have the freedom of movement, he is confined to a hotel. He does not have the freedom of personal phone calls. Those phone calls are being monitored "For his own protection"

Right now this man is a political prisoner, he is being held without reason for the assumption that he has the Swine Flu.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Oh Please. If China wanted a political prisoner they would get someone that was actually worth something! Not some wannabe that is only a mayor.

and he was sitting a few rows from someone that had swine flu on his flight. China quarantines people exposed to swine flu for 7 days. in a hotel! not a prison.

Some people really need to get out more your making something out of nothing!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Lets talk about all those with a different color skin or religion your US government started to round up and throw into jail on 9/11.

Your title on this thread screams of ignorance.:.

Best regards

Loke .:.

ps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So this makes US nazi then i suppose.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Loke.]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It seems that the US (clearly, according to some posters here) blames Nagin for the loss of NOLA in '05. Fine. All are entitled to their personal feelings regarding the Mayor. I will keep mine to myself.

That, howver, has naught to do with his and his wife's quarantine in Shanghai. They were on a flight with someone who had symptoms of flu. They have not been tested, as they have no symptoms. The Mayor is in contact with his staff regularly, and is in good spirits. His trip also included a visit to Australia, but under the circumstances of Australia's infection rate, he indicated he might decline the second phase of the trip to protect the Australians from any further risk.

The Chinese have quarantined multiple groups of Americans this Spring, as well as people from other countries where the rates of infection are high. China is a country of nearly 2B people- an H1N1 epidemic- or any kind, for that matter- would be utterly catastrophic. While the quarantine measures may seem draconian to those of us in the West, I must in some small way empathise with the Chinese- they are over a barrel- if they DON'T quarantine, and 1/3 or so of their citizens take ill this fall, there is simply no infrastructure to assist their healing. I don't agree with a good deal that happens in China,particularly as regards human rights, but in this case, putting the Mayor and his wife in a hotel for a week doesn't seem too horrible a fate.

And to those who think espionage is on the way, remember, he was invited to participate in the economic meetings in the Pacific Rim --China and Australia---(why? No idea, but he was).

I expect we'll see him back in NOLA soon, doing very little to protect it against the next storm- either atmospheric or microbial.....

www.wwltv.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Lol funny guy, thats some quantum jumping you did on this one. Quarentine becomes a hostage situation when the quarentiners are Chinese?
No real shock they are monitering all calls on this, we know that China likes to keep her business to herself. But to say that anyone bringing flu like symptoms into the country could end up on the wrong end of a fireing squad is just a joke.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hey Hey Hey! guys, this action covers all people who have contact with people who might be infected! so don't make it big, when the chinese govt quarantine people who might be infected, A mayor position doesn't make him speicial! As for monitoring the call. I don't know what's so special about this mayor!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Honestly, I hope they keep him. What is the mayor of a mid-size city from a poor state like La doing in China anyway?
Id bet anything that hes there at taxpayers expense but what for?
Hes as crooked as they come in La politics and thats saying a LOT.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Double Ditto. If they'd like to hold him until the end of time, I would have no complaints. There was almost a collective sigh of relief through the city when this news was announced.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to prove that there is even an inkling of a chance of this happening? I have heard nothing/seen nothing that indicates he is being held hostage. And if he was held hostage, who would pay? I'd hang up my phone and go back to bed. I'm not on the unlimited minutes plan, and a call from Shanghai is more than I'm willing to pay.

This is a stretch, kudos to you for trying to make it work, just need more evidence to really work it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is way over the top, even by my standards.

They will be back home safe and sound and doing what they do, nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Under the guise of "quarantine procedures" Communist China has taken New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin hostage.

Further proving that this is a hostage situation and not a quarantine procedure as Beijing would like us to believe is this (unfortunately from Fox News)

BEIJING -- They take their quarantines very, very seriously in China. They don't even allow phone calls.

The mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin, is under lockdown in a suburban Shanghai hotel after a passenger on his flight from the U.S. exhibited symptoms of swine flu -- and now his Chinese hosts are screening his calls "to keep him safe."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Monitoring his phone calls like a criminal awaiting trial, Nagan faces the possibility of execution if the Chinese government goes the N. Korea route and decides to charge the mayor with espionage.

Ok, couple of things here...
First, the assertion that he is being held hostage is poo. It's quarantine.

Second, the inference that he is being held incommunicado is poo. If you read Fox...it says that the Chinese are not passing messages upstairs without permission of the Health Authorities...it's not like they confiscated his phone, and I'm betting he can make phone calls out.

Therefore, the best thing that can be said about this thread is that Stormdancers response ranks among the funniest four words I have read in a long while.

Everything else is poo.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Doesn't this strike anyone as odd? What would Ray Nagin be doing in China in the first place traveling to an Economic development summit? Also why would he be flying coach?

If it is just a standard 7 day quarantine, why are his calls being monitored? After all he supposedly isn't under suspicion for anything other than being potentially sick.

I read the messages loud and clear that there are those that don't like Ray Nagin. I have no opinion of this man other than what is brought up here. He is an American citizen. The facts right now are, this man is being detained against his will, and China does not have a good human rights record.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatuknoDoesn't this strike anyone as odd? What would Ray Nagin be doing in China in the first place traveling to an Economic development summit? Also why would he be flying coach?

He was attempting to get business interests currently looking at New Orleans to form a more solid plan of locating their businesses here. The reason he is flying coach is because he is currently in one of his many scandals, particularly in this case flying first class to vacation destinations which were paid for by businessmen who were awarded high price contracts by the city.

If it is just a standard 7 day quarantine, why are his calls being monitored? After all he supposedly isn't under suspicion for anything other than being potentially sick.

I doubt his phone calls are being that brutally monitored. He mostly uses a Blackberry to text anyway.

I read the messages loud and clear that there are those that don't like Ray Nagin. I have no opinion of this man other than what is brought up here. He is an American citizen. The facts right now are, this man is being detained against his will, and China does not have a good human rights record.

Oh please, they are going to risk getting other people infected so a mayor that does nothing much of good can go back to a city that is happy he is gone? Have you kept up with the other H1N1 threads on this site and the potentially explosive amount of people it is theorized to have infected that we didn't hear about? I'm not concerned about this man, he has a security guy with him. As far as I'm concerned in this case, if the State Department isn't moving in on this, there's no reason I should either.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Oh please, they are going to risk getting other people infected so a mayor that does nothing much of good can go back to a city that is happy he is gone? Have you kept up with the other H1N1 threads on this site and the potentially explosive amount of people it is theorized to have infected that we didn't hear about? I'm not concerned about this man, he has a security guy with him. As far as I'm concerned in this case, if the State Department isn't moving in on this, there's no reason I should either.

This is what makes me wonder about this situation, H1N1 from what I have seen is no more deadly than the average run of the mill flu. If a person's immune system is for some reason compromised then yes it is deadly, but the amount of people that die each year from the yearly strain of the flu is much more than what H1N1 has done.

I wonder why we haven't heard from the State department on this issue. This seems odd as well. Perhaps it is nothing, but something about this particular case does not bode well with me. Perhaps the state department already is in contact with the Chinese government and all is well. But I don't know.

Perhaps this man's unpopularity as a Mayor means he is expendable for a false flag op in China. Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions, but I don't trust the Communist Chinese Government. I don't know why anyone else would either.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Him coming back with this flu is even more dreadful.....
Summer in NOLA and the Grand Poopah Mayor infected....
This city deserves better..
Agreed..Keep him as long as they feel necessary..

Peace...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Does China have a fund to send money to so that they will keep him???!!???

If so, where do I send my check???

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
One known for BS charges, human rights violations, killing innocent protesters. They are the good guys.

I find it amusing that you post as though those are exclusive to China.

WMDs, Guantanamo Bay/Abu Graib, Operation Iraqi Freedom.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ok I got it, no one likes Ray Nagin. How he got re elected is beyond me. Fully understood, the man is unpopular and people don't like him. I GOT IT!

However what I was trying to point out and obviously failed in doing so is that Americans (this unpopular one in particular) are being detained against their will in a Communist country.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno However what I was trying to point out and obviously failed in doing so is that Americans (this unpopular one in particular) are being detained against their will in a Communist country.

Well, given the circumstances, if it happened on an Air Canada flight to the Great White North, that might generate the same results.

And for all you frat boys that want to play the Beer Card...Tsing Tao is a damn fine brew as well.

I also like the idea of sending money to China to keep him...Har, har, har!!!

I have nothing against the man per se...I just repect a funny line.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Until they decide what to do with him, couldn't they put him in some recreational facility, like Angola?

Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join