It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 U.S. contractors face Iraqi legal process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

5 U.S. contractors face Iraqi legal process

edition.cnn.com

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Five U.S. contractors detained inside Baghdad's Green Zone now face the Iraqi judicial system, which critics say is rife with problems.
The five were taken into custody early Wednesday in connection with the killing of another American contractor, James Kitterman, according to an Iraqi official involved in the investigation and another source with knowledge of the case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Once again the ever so powerful god of many named "Money" will never lay its arms when it revolves around people. Although i doubt that they will be executed or even placed in jail, however it will be interesting to see how fast and deep this can be put into the endless files of the judicial system.

A murder charge carries a potential death penalty in Iraq, and suspects can be detained indefinitely, according to the law -- "as long as necessary for the investigation to proceed until the examining magistrate or criminal court issues a decision on the case on completion of the preliminary or judicial investigation or the trial." Many Iraqi detainees are held for long periods without charges.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow isn't karma a "mutha******," it sounds like these mercenaries are getting the Guantanamo treatment.

What goes around comes around. Jailed indefinitely and possible death sentence if convicted. I wonder if the US government is going to get in the middle of this. However, this has karma written all over this because the description of the Iraqi punishment is almost identical to the Guantanamo Bay punishment by the US against enemy combatants.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

What goes around comes around. Jailed indefinitely and possible death sentence if convicted. I wonder if the US government is going to get in the middle of this. However, this has karma written all over this because the description of the Iraqi punishment is almost identical to the Guantanamo Bay punishment by the US against enemy combatants.

I'm with you and I also wonder if the US will intervene. If we get our hands dirty here then we are saying "The legal process you are using only works if we want it to." Perhaps the US will simply leave these men to burn, its really going to be interesting to see how this pans out no matter what happens.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If the US intervened here then they'd be hypocrites. How can you exclude some from prosecution and not others. That would be a terrible example to set.

These guys commited the crimes, they should expect to pay.

i wonder if Iraqi prison have a waterboard?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

new topics

top topics

join