It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's own estimates for where the economy would be right now with and without his legislation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

As can be seen, they estimated that by this time (June 2009), the unemployment rate WITHOUT the stimulus package would have been about 8.2%. With the economic package, it would have been a whopping 7.9%.

Article

That means that even by their own estimates, Obama and his Administration, SO FAR, are 4,500,000 job off in where they thought the economy would be with their policies. This means one of three things:

1) Their policies are not working and having the opposite impact of what was intended.
2) The problem was much more serious than even they thought
3) All of the above

Regardless is greatly reduces my faith in their policies, and estimates going forward. I assume it would for you as well

[edit on 8-6-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's going exxactly how he wanted it to go. As much as I despise his policies, I don't think he's a stupid man. The powers that are controlling him, or just his administration (pick one) know exactly what they are doing.
How do you get millions of Americans to become dependant on the government?

Give them no other choice.

This is what they have done. And it is working like a charm.

Pray to what ever diety you worship, because it's only going to get worse...

Of course this is only my humble opinion. . .

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
everyone just needs to stop going to work

seriously

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I just do not get why people are not more outraged.

This is just like how their worst case scenario estimate during the stress tests have already been passed this early.

They estimates have always been far off, and their solutions are doing the exact opposite of their stated purpose.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
I just do not get why people are not more outraged.

This is just like how their worst case scenario estimate during the stress tests have already been passed this early.

They estimates have always been far off, and their solutions are doing the exact opposite of their stated purpose.

People are addicted to society and its trappings. They put up with all sorts of abuse by the government to be "civilized"

If there's no electricity...no TV and no interwebz......oh noz!

[edit on 8-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So using their estimates (provided they held true) Congress approved nearly a Trillion dollars after spending nearly the same amount under Bush for 0.3% difference in unemployment.

Using that logic lets just spend another $39.5 Trillion and have zero unemployment for a change. That works, right?

Anyone recall that little news blurb about how Social Security will be broke by 2037 if they do nothing? Too bad the MSM did not explain it in plain terms: You get to continue to pay into the system your entire working life and when you retire you get nada from the system.

In other words, give me five dollars a day to spend how I see fit and when you need it I will give you nothing but a "thank you for your support over the years". In the real world we call that a pyramid scheme and it is highly illegal.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
So using their estimates (provided they held true) Congress approved nearly a Trillion dollars after spending nearly the same amount under Bush for 0.3% difference in unemployment.

Using that logic lets just spend another $39.5 Trillion and have zero unemployment for a change. That works, right?

Anyone recall that little news blurb about how Social Security will be broke by 2037 if they do nothing? Too bad the MSM did not explain it in plain terms: You get to continue to pay into the system your entire working life and when you retire you get nada from the system.

In other words, give me five dollars a day to spend how I see fit and when you need it I will give you nothing but a "thank you for your support over the years". In the real world we call that a pyramid scheme and it is highly illegal.

Yes that is a ponzi scheme.

Imagine what Obama would be saying about a bank or financial institution as reckless fiscally as the govt is and has been. He gives banks crap for wanting to have a conference in Las Vegas, but then doesn't say a peep about the Federal Reserve not being able to track where they spent roughly $10 trillion. Ultimate hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Some major new outlets are starting to voice this same message now. If this was a Republican administration, the media would have already skewered them.

new topics

top topics

join