It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major problems found in war spending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Major problems found in war spending

news.yahoo.com

In its first report to Congress, the Wartime Contracting Commission presents a bleak assessment of how tens of billions of dollars have been spent since 2001. The 111-page report, obtained by The Associated Press, documents poor management, weak oversight, and a failure to learn from past mistakes as recurring themes in wartime contracting.

The report is scheduled to be made public Wednesday at a hearing held by the House Oversight and Government Reform's national security subcommittee.

U.S. reliance on contractors has grown to "unprecedented proportions," says the bipartisan commissi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Nice article atm, hopefully more people start to see through the lies,waste,corruption, and greed. I'd hope that more mainstream reporters cover more like this. We have record deficits right now, the economy is in the tank and still diving, and we see this.
Nice!

This guy on a forum may have it right. "It is becoming harder and harder to read and listen to the reports of Pentagon monetary abuse, who authored torture, the extent of Cheney's actions.. it is just debated and debated and debated.

Millions of us have been protesting and writing letters for the last 7 years.. and still no prosecution. I just want to give it all up. The general public now knows,, and who is doing anything about it? Pelosi ? Reid ? our "progressive" Reps? The sign on to progressive bills but they go no where. It is maddening!"

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Our government is THE worst check book balancer, thats for sure. And to thik, the IRS can send me to prison for not coughing up money..and the FED is jsut let off the hook? UN BELIEVABLE!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
discussion underway:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

direct your comments there please

top topics

join