It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic food: Metal Bits in Your Cereal! Yummy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This video demonstrates that your so called healthy and enriched breakfast cereal is very bad for you. Elemental iron is not digestible and this is no different than the crap that we are getting from the Chinese with the lead paint on the toys,the melamine in the food,and the toxic drywall. Having elemental metals in your digestive track is extremely harmful to your body and probably plays havoc with your immune system. We are under constant assault from every angle. Many say grow your own food....well not all of us live on farm land or open fields.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8 Jun 09 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Not sure why this did not post to recent posts section when I posted it. This seems to happen a lot these days when I post a new thread...it never makes it there.

And now after i post this one it does not show up as well ???????

[edit on 6/8/2009 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 6/8/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

it's there - it showed up both times, or else i never would have found it...

i just finished the videos, and they are certainly interesting!

i know our bodies are supposed to receive iron, but it can't be that much iron, right??

i hear more and more every day how heavy metals are horrible for us, and we don't really need them!

...then again, i could be wrong...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I just watched the videos and I never thought you could pull iron filings out of cereal heh...

My question is who decided what vitamins and minerals we needed... why is iron on there if it has to be ingested like this... or is there another form we are supposed to consume?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Wow, I always considered reduced iron as a motified iron supplement, not literally iron.

While I do not eat breakfast ceral, I do know people that enjoy a bowl every morning.

I have noticed many products that list reduced iron in their ingredients!

My eyes are now open and I will inform others, thank you!

S&F

Ciao!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Amazing footage!

I've seen the cornflake/magnet thing on a TV series called Brainiac (Sky1)
But to see the iron contents stripped from the cereal is a real eye opener

S&F for you!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hey! I did this with bran flakes using a magnetic stirrer back in Science class. We let them run overnight, and an amazing amount of iron filings showed up.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Iron by itself isn't necessarily bad for you! Only the heavier metals cause poisoning 'cause they're more reactive. You could eat a penny (not that it's iron) and it wouldn't do anything (just excrete it out), kinda like corn really.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vagabond33

To much of anything is bad for you and that includes Iron.

Iron Poisoning Symptoms
www.emedicinehealth.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Iron is iron. What else did you expect?
Iron will be easily dissolved by potassium chloride and hydrogen chloride (gastric acid). So what is so wrong with having iron in my cereal? I need it for my erythrocyte's hemoglobin.
Here, have a read about iron biological importance.
Human iron metabolism

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd like to see some evidence that there's cause for concern. I'm not saying there isn't, I just don't see anything here that gives me any reason to be upset. The guy in the second video at the end says something like "Is this something that we want to be putting into our bodies? I don't think so." But what qualifies him to come to that conclusion? He stated no credentials which means to me that it's merely opinion and quite possibly completely uninformed paranoia.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just last night I finished off a box of Frosted Flakes. There were quite a few little black specks in it. I wondered what they were. I picked out what I saw but I imagine I ate a few too.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That's a big bowl of cereal that guy is testing.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

To much Iron is toxic to the human body; look at the second sentence in the Wikipedia link you provided. Plus the Iron found in the cereal is not a digestible Iron...such as the natural Iron found in say a steak or burger. Would you or do you feel comfortable knowing you are putting metal shards in you body. An overdose of Iron breaks down the intestinal lining.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Okay, I put the black specks in a tissue the night I ate the cereal. I found the tissue, which I folded so it still had the specks in it. I got my magnets out and the specks were not attracted to them. So the specks are not metalic. Thank goodness. I wonder what they are though?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Rat droppings?

CaptGizmo: This is still a real eye opener still about how much iron is in these cereals. Then again, how else would we get the iron?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thought of X-Men, where Magneto is in the plastic prison, and pulls all of the iron out of the guard's body. It really is harmful folks!

But in all seriousness, the amounts of iron found in those videos disturbed me. I mean, you get iron in a lot of food - naturally ocurring - one example would be that it ocurrs in the soil, at a molecuar level, is taken up by plants as they do with minerals, and this is then ingested by us, where it works to fortify the blood.

With these iron filings found in food, it can only be detrimental, the pieces are too big to digest, and could accumulate in the body, causing internal damage through its toxic nature.

Bad juju I think.

new topics

top topics

join