It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i feel that ppl here are way ahead of me in this abovetopsecret stuff. i feel that wat i post the ppl dont want to here it or they heard it before, but u know i think thats the symptoms of being a newbie to a new forum. How can i inprove this?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteIceXx
i feel that wat i post the ppl dont want to here it or they heard it before,

Why do you feel this way?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i dont get that many reply's u kno. im over reacting tho cause im new here right?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteIceXx
i dont get that many reply's u kno. im over reacting tho cause im new here right?

I guess it all depends on what you post. If you are asking a question most members are happy to reply. If you are posting information on a subject it�s �hit and miss�. I have spent hours on a new thread researching and polishing the post and not that many people responded. On the other hand I�ve posted threads that I didn�t spend much time on and couldn�t keep up with the responses. I guess it all depends on the mindset of the board at the time of the post. Don�t be discouraged, it happens to all of us.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
A lack of replies either means the thread sucks or it's too intelligent and smacked with truth. I often like to think of it as the latter.

I wouldn't sweat it mate, just keep going.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
so its like keep quite gather info and then put it all together as a report? i got ya, thx

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There are 4 things you can do these are:

1 read,
2 read,
3 read and
4 ask

Indeed you may find that you are behind some of the topics that have been heavily researched on ATS. Heck some of them I am just as ignorant as a newbie. In those situaions I am reluctant to jump right in unless I feel that I really do have something new to contribute.

I found that just yesterday, when I came across an article on the Yellowstone caldera issue. Something massivly covered here, that I had only vaguly followed.

So I made a post in the mod forum that went like this

Is this yellowstone article news?

Just found this on the net, and didn't follow closely the DR thread. - if its important can someone post it in the relevent section, or just delete it

www.billingsgazette.com.../2004/04/28/build/state/40- yellowstone-blowup.inc

Turned out it wasn't news

But the principle was to check first if you are not sure, instead of revisiting old issues.

Really the last thing that we need on any board are "me too" posts, or old stuff that has been covered before.

So basic research using the search tool, or even asking someone who seems to know about it is a good idea.

You may end up only posting one thing a week, but heck it will be a good one and you will get a reputation, like Seekerof, of being a well researched informative, poster.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
1. I have seen your avatar on a NYC youngster before.

2. Did you know your name is initialized as NIX?

3. What's your favourite secret society initiation rite?

4. Do you worry about who in North Korea is reading this?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
At first I worried that I would be out of my depth here and so didn't post anything beyond my introduction for the first, I don't know, several months anyway that I was a member.

I thought that I had to somehow come up with news that no one else had, or have a bunch of knowledge about Freemasons or politics or whatever, but Pisky said really just to jump in and read the list of threads and post to those that I could relate to.

Which is what I did and you should too. Just do it, have fun and don't sweat it. It's all about knowledge AND fun, so just relax.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well im from NYC and yea i know my thingy is NIX thats y thier capitalized, and the other two i didn't understand, i probably do but could u elaberate on that

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And it's not nice to steal others avvies....

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
A lack of replies either means the thread sucks or it's too intelligent and smacked with truth.

I think you nailed it right here.

Nice, I think ever member here gets or has gotten frustrated with this.

new topics

top topics

join