It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with some symbols

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am a medical student. I study in the west Ukrainian city of L'viv. Recently I noticed a wall painting with weird symbols all over. I need help to understand them.
Some background info about the university-

Name-Danylo Halytsky National Medical University

wiki- en.wikipedia.org...

It has quite a bit of history which you can read about in the wiki link.

Image-1

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Features-Inverted tringle with an eye on the top
Ring of fire around doctors head
Image of a frog behind the plant(not seen here)
Patient on the table displays a weird hand symbol

Image-2

files.abovetopsecret.com...

On the left corner there is a picture of a fish within a circle(half circle is visible on the photo, rest is cut out)

Inverted triangle with an eye is definitely Illuminati, so can someone enlighten me please.....thanks,
Asen_y2k

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In a hospital i went into once, there was a similar eye over a docter, and the nurse said it simbolised 'Gods eye'

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It means exactly what it shows. This is a very old style of communicative art work for people that could not read. There used to be books that had all the symbols in them as well. Back about a century ago it was common for a large portion of the population to be illiterate.

Imagine that you could not read and pretend to look at it for the first time.
So what does it show me when I look at it? That God directly oversees the work of the surgeon. (eye) and the surgeon has the holy spirit guiding him. (fire) this shows the second baptism of fire upon the surgeon. It says several other things but they are benign references, and you would need one of the old symbol books translated to your native language.

I found a front porch post in an old barn, with lots of those symbols on it, and basically it said to illiterate workers that they should come when the sun comes up to see about any work.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
Inverted triangle with an eye is definitely Illuminati, so can someone enlighten me please.....thanks,
Asen_y2k

Actually the All-Seeing-Eye has been used throughout the history of man as the symbol of God.

The fish could be a symbol of Jesus. If you could get us a better picture I could tell you definitively or not. Pippin gave a good description.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ah ic, thanks a lot for explaining it to me. 1st time when I saw it I was a bit surprised. But can someone please tell me what does the hand symbol displayed by the patient in the 1st pic mean?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Notice the checkered floor depictions in the painting. Masonic?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by betosuave

Y'ever been to a hospital that doesn't have a checkered floor? Nearly every one I've been to has one. That's what it symbolizes.
The only masons were probably the ones actually laying the tile.
I think Pippin gave a pretty good summary.

Asen_y2k, why don't you ask them what their interpretation of the symbolism is there at the University? They may be able to point you towards the artist, if they are still alive. Most interior art like that is done by local artists.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
Ah ic, thanks a lot for explaining it to me. 1st time when I saw it I was a bit surprised. But can someone please tell me what does the hand symbol displayed by the patient in the 1st pic mean?

Hard to say as it looks like all the hands are done poorly and not enough resolution to see more clearly. Its possible the patient is signaling as to pain or no pain to the anesthesiologist.

On the right hand side we can see a state building, a set of scales and the woman working on medicines along with a press. This would tend to tell the illiterate that the preparations of their medicines are overseen by the state and there is measured purity, quality, and fair value in them since they make them starting at the beginning by pressing and preparing extracts.

You get the idea. Just look at them and pretend that you can't read. Each part has a message. Appears that is an old Jesuit founding, probably explains the eye and the holy spirit being the focus of the hospitals work.

I didn't notice venus next to the eye before. There is the father the son and the holy spirit. Venus representing the morning star-the son.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Pippin]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Ah ic....when I first saw it i was confused. We are more used to reading and understanding stuff, the symbols confused me more than anything and started thinking, what the hell is this all about hehe

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The hand may be the Hand of Mercy or a poor representation of "healing hands", a euphemism for healers in general. Since it is one hand instead of two, I think "healing hands" may not be the answer.

Heck, just call it "High Five!"

new topics

top topics

join