It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says Must be "Tough" With Iran, N.Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Obama Says Must be "Tough" With Iran, N.Korea

www.reuters.com

CAEN, France (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama underlined on Saturday the need for "tough diplomacy" in dealing with Iran's nuclear program and said he would be firm with North Korea as well after its second atomic bomb explosion.

Obama has said he is prepared to hold talks with Tehran "without preconditions" in a bid to ensure that it does not use its advanced nuclear technology to develop weapons. Iran says it is only trying to meet its booming demand for electricity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Tough? ... Now the needed peace talk is done - we can focus to the truth - to war and agenda. BS about "peace to the world" message by Obahope is made - now is time to turn the page - move to next phace, with Reuters/AP in first frontline of media campaign...

Messages where Iran and NK is compared is all about lies - and more lies... I am confident, that NK nuke explosion was ordered from same banksters - who are driving all out war to middle east - The Illuminati.

France Total just today loses very great gas deal in Iran to Chinese, and Russia and Chinese are unwilling to put any UN sanctions to NK - they know the truth - The Great Game is about to blow to our faces in weeks.

We are in fastlane to WW3... This is too obvious now - script goes so visible, like in 911 - Obama moving from Egypt straight to Holocaust memorial - Who really buy this crap?

"STOP THE WARS!"

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Obama, Sarkozy deem Iran nuclear threat

One day after the IAEA confirmed the non-diversion of Iran's nuclear program, the presidents of France and the US accuse Iran of attempting to obtain nuclear weaponry.

In its latest report on Iran's nuclear program, released on Friday, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) "continues to verify the non-diversion of declared nuclear material in Iran."

www.presstv.ir...

Obama vows 'tough diplomacy' with Iran
www.haaretz.com...

Obama, Sarkozy agree on Middle East strategy
www.ynetnews.com...

Israel wants Syria condemned over uranium findings
www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by JanusFIN]

link   
He got elected, saw the paperwork that he hadn't been privy to before and about crapped himself. He saw the world through the Presidents eyes and realized his pie in the sky, talk sweetly to our enemy approach won't always work.

So he pretended to play nice for a while, to give the impression that he tried so he can cover his butt when called out on it. Now its time to deal with Iran the right way. Which is to be tough with them.

link   
Well, will you look at that!

More arm flailing. I bet you he'll write a letter to both leaders of Iran and NK expression his mis-content.

Actually, he can send them an email with a photo of him waving his finger, and the sound bit can go "BAD COUNTRY! BAD!, STAY OUT OF THE CATBOX!".

Things may seem like a giant powder keg at the moment, but I think it's just all doom and gloom fear mongering on the part of the press and the countries involved.

Keep the people afraid of constant war and they give up their freedoms without question.

We won't see anything happen with NK, cause nothing ever does. They are far too afraid of little Kimmy bombarding Seoul with their artillery cannons.

Iran on the other hand, you can worry about that. Not worry about Iran doing anything, but worry about some other country blowing themselves up and then blaming it on Iran.

Another day in world politics.

Same *snip*, different day, bigger pile and a smaller shovel.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I am again just so sad from this... I have hope that highly needed change too long time. I just seems to know too much - and everything continues to go like I am predicting... I see the Swineflu, Israeli drills, Gaza Op, Pakistan, Georgia, SCO, Missile Shield, NK nukes... All goes clearly as one great game in my big picture - And that picture is not nice.

Where is that pill that I can take - to get back to that nice unknowing illusion of democracy and leaders works for our common interest... Where things happen without pretext and scripts?

Just too long time a go I wass in that pink bubble - where majority seems still living every single day... I feel so lonely.

Sorry guys, just my bad feelings...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Dear Kimmy

You are very very very very bad!

You are a bad boy.

Very notty.

Shame on you.

I'm very disappointed.

Love always

Obama.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Our President found out how dangerous the world really is. He found out that the world is not like the hallow halls of Congress where legislatures sit in their leather recliners, chopping on cigars, as they sip their expresso while sending jabs to each other on the issues of the day. It's a very dangerous world out there and he is slowly beginning to smell the coffee. What is tough diplomacy anyway?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

It's like a volvo with a gun rack.

Scary stuff.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yup, you are exactly right.
Now he realizes our enemies do not know the words to Kumbaya, something Bush was pointing out all along.

Wonder when he'll come out and say Bush was right?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I'd say those are bold words for a man who wears his shorts backwards!

And so original!

Wasn't that what Bush said, or do I have the words confused with someone else?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Agreed, it's easy to be mad at the President for not backing up his promises of "change", but now that he's got what is probably the hardest job in the world, it's not as easy as he thought. I'm sure if any of us who hopes for peace and a great world ever became president, we would realize that it's not easy. It's easy to make the U.S seem like the bad guys or the good guys, but in reality, there is neither. This is why I never really put any hopes in any politician, government that is supposedly there for the people, yeah right. Obama gained a following for saying all the right things, jumped on the media proclaimed "messiah" bandwagon and took full advantage of it, what politician wouldn't? People were stupid to believing everything he said, and i told them they were but they brought in to the propaganda and now they are realizing that there is no way he could ever keep any promises, he couldn't even if he really wanted to. It's all just one big show, the performers, or clowns, change every couple of years, but it's the same thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

We have to realize and come to our senses that a single man such as President Obama cannot change the world on his own nor make a change occur overnight. It will consist our allies and our enemies to place a cap on their development and spread of nuclear weapons.

If you look upon history, rogue nations rise on the account of foreign policy towards them, sanctions against them and the feeling of inferiority to core periphery nations. In addition, these semi-periphery nations who are on the brink of industrializing are willing to be defiant and perform abnormal acts to threaten nations that border or who are in reach based on their capabilities to wage war.

Personally, I am glad to see Obama step up to home plate getting ready to swing his bat. We cannot continue to speak softly anymore because it is now time to carry a big stick. Iran and North Korea are not going to listen to our demands whatsoever. As Obama has stated, he would give Iran until the end of the year to end the development of their nuclear programs. Given the upcoming election Friday, we may see a new leader rise to power and we are hoping that this new leadership will spark cooperation with our demands. In North Korea, the power has been given to Kim Jong Il's son who may or may not conform to the demands of N. Korea's neighbors and the U.N.

We reached a time where it is not a matter of if, but a matter of will. We will not wait any longer to deal with these issues that threaten the world, and we will wage war against those who are causing havoc to the world.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Alxandro

I'd say those are bold words for a man who wears his shorts backwards!

And so original!

Wasn't that what Bush said, or do I have the words confused with someone else?

You are mixing things up.

From the source.

Obama has said he is prepared to hold talks with Tehran "without preconditions" in a bid to ensure that it does not use its advanced nuclear technology to develop weapons.

I think the US president ment that they can have nuclear energy without conditions but wants to make sure it does not use it for making weapons out of it. In other words it's not a critical message to Iran. It's a whole other aproch when making a comparison to the Bush era.
The Bush administration was critical even on things like researching and making nuclear fuel.
You are twisting things around. It's not what the article says.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Although the IAEA report does in fact state the non-diversion of declared nuclear material in Iran, they are far from cooperating with the IAEA. The key word is "declared". They cannot verify that Iran is not using military applications. They are being refused access to certain sites. If the enrichment is for peaceful purposes, then why is the IAEA not given full access to all the sites? Iran could have the ability to produce 2 bombs by the end of the year. I don't think Israel is going to wait patiently.

Here is the full report, judge for yourselves.

isis-online.org...

Also seems Syria is not cooperating with the IAEA.

isis-online.org...

Peace,

Guz

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

There is a psychological aspect that needs to be addressed here.
I mean if you really think about it, not much appears to be changing when it comes to being tough on Iran and North Korea.
The only thing that has changed is the popularity rating of the President.

You stated: "People were stupid to believing everything he said", I think likewise it can be stated that people were also stupid for not believing anything Bush said.
Nothing he did was ever right and now nothing Obama does could ever be wrong, yet things have not changed here.

I can't be the only one that sees this.
Maybe some people can't or refuse to handle the truth.

top topics

join