It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29+ children die in Mexico day care center fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

HERMOSILLO, Mexico (CNN) -- Twenty-nine children were killed and more than 100 others were injured Friday when their day care center caught fire in the northwestern state of Sonora, a spokesman for the state's governor said.

The victims were from 1 to 5 years old, said Jose Larrinaga, the spokesman.

full story from CNN

I hope I am posting this in the right place..

This was very sad. Hard to hear having it happen in the city that I call home.. close to where I work.

I must say when I came home tonight, it was a true blessing to hold my little girl (same age range as these children) and tell her how much her daddy loves her.

Please remember to cherish your time with your loved ones. Work seems a little less important tonight..

[edit on 6-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I live in Mexico also, but my job has me on the road traveling the countries south of there most of the time.
What a horrible thing to happen. Always is worse when children are involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

yes, very sad. The fire was started at a tire shop/warehouse that was next to the daycare. If you have ever been to Hermosillo, you know that the sun and extreme dryness can start a blaze in no time.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is really sad. I cant even imaging how devastating this must be for the families involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
thats really sad
... rest in peace little ones.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What a terrible and tragic event
My heart goes out to all the families of these poor little children,

Sadly the update is very sad indeed as the death toll rises to 38 children and 23 others remain hospitalized, 15 in critical condition.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
UPDATE:

The death toll from the fire now stands at 48. Another young girl (4) died earlier today as a result of the burns she sustained.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I can't even begin to comprehend the devastation that the families of those young kids feel. Not to mention the loss of such precious life. That girl only passed away today frm the injuries at the start of the month? It is shattering to think of the pain she was in for the last couple of weeks. At least she is at peace now. R.I.P

[edit on 27/6/09 by Nventual]

new topics

top topics

join