It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor: 'Our wallet is empty'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

www.sacbee.com

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger dusted off his first-term playbook Tuesday in a rare legislative budget address.

The Republican governor asked lawmakers to use the state's $24.3 billion deficit as a chance to "blow up the boxes" of state government and challenge public employee unions, dominant themes during his first two years in office.
Schwarzenegger requested a joint session of the Legislature after proposing the harshest budget cuts of his governorship.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nbcbayarea.com

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
California's Budgetpocalypse: "Our Wallet is Empty"

This shortfall comes in on the heels of a Statewide Vote in which the people of California voice thier opinion, stood up and said "no more"

Schwarzenegger said "It's an awful feeling, but we have no choice," he said. "Our wallet is empty, our bank is closed and our credit is dried up."

Yeah we all know that feeling! My wallet is empty too Govenor Arnold! Still you want blood from turnips!
We said no more last month! No more taxes!

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.sacbee.com

[edit on 4-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That's what happens when you elect an actor for governor. That's what happens when you don't close the border and the illegal aliens are sucking on the state without any payback. That's what happens when drugs are NOT LEGAL AND TAXABLE.

That's what happens when the prisons unions are thugs running the state. When your main industry are prisons, you have a big problem. When your state employees are being paid much more than any other state...

Don't bail out California, CUT THE BUDGET.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

do not worry, their fate lies in the Pacific Ocean

soon....very soon....

their wallet is of no consequence

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yea I'm sick of this garbage. I think at this point it's blatantly obvious that people are trying to implode the economy. I mean, CUT THE DAMN BUDGET already.

There's no other explanation, I mean these people can't be this stupid can they?

It's the same thing nationally, as it is in California. We don't have the money to spend for all of these programs. We need to bring our troops back home and cut spending drastically.

California is just the beginning, I think many states (including mine, MA) are in the red, and are nowhere near recovery.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

We here in California that pay our taxes are very well sick of this too!
We are already stuck with huge taxes...and our Vehicle Registration Fee got doubled this year...mine will be $700.00 this fall! For one 5 year old truck!

Californians have been paying increased taxes since February, but Tuesday they spoke out clearly they don’t want those temporary tax hikes to last longer than planned.

Voters in the Golden State overwhelmingly rejected five of six ballot measures in a special election Tuesday – saying no to tax increases, increased state borrowing and earmarks for education.

www.cnsnews.com...

I hear that Arnold had a fit...still looking for that article!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
California is basically the UK with sunshine.

We'd be better off without them.

Now we have seen "the future", how many other states really want to follow the same path.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

our Vehicle Registration Fee got doubled this year...mine will be $700.00 this fall!

What? 700$ for the license plates for one year? It's insane.

I'm in Quebec Canada and here it's 275$...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yep well last year is was 386.00....this year thanks to Arnold and his minions we now get the double screw! Double! And like I said...that is for a 5 year old truck! Imagine what a new vehicle registration is...probably some of them that are up over 1,500.00 no doubt!

That is just for one tax here is California. Our gas taxes are off the charts also. What burns me up...as I said...if you need help come to the
"Golden State" baby! We will take care of you like no other!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Found two articles here

This is where Arnold knock us voters here in California for saying NO to another permanent tax increase. What the heck is wrong with us anyways...

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wednesday knocked voters for rejecting a slew of new taxes to close a $21 billion budget gap, saying residents insist on keeping expensive state services intact but do not want to pay higher taxes.

"When you ask them about the cuts, 'Do you mind of we have to make an additional $6 billion in cuts?' and it's great, they say, 'No, no, no, no, no, not in education,' " the governor said in Washington, a day after voters overwhelmingly rejected a slate of new taxes.

"And we say, 'How about in health care?' and they say, "No, I wouldn't go after the vulnerable citizens,' then we say, 'Well, then we have to make some cuts in law enforcement,' and they say, 'Law enforcement, I want to keep that in place.' People don't know themselves where they want to cut, they just say, 'Make the cuts' and 'You figure it out,' " he said with a smile, shaking his head.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Arnold should resign...
www.dailykos.com...(CA-GOV)-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-should-resign.Now.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

www.sacbee.com

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger dusted off his first-term playbook Tuesday in a rare legislative budget address.

The Republican governor asked lawmakers to use the state's $24.3 billion deficit as a chance to "blow up the boxes" of state government and challenge public employee unions, dominant themes during his first two years in office.
Schwarzenegger requested a joint session of the Legislature after proposing the harshest budget cuts of his governorship.

Related News Links:
www.nbcbayarea.com

BS.....All the politicians have and will always have money........OUR wallets are empty however since it is tax payers money...

They like to try and trick us by making us think we and they are the same group of people....

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Now I remember why I left Commie-fornia the first chance i got, even being born and mostly raised there.

it's ridiculous and unlivable. One of the reasons they are crying for money is that they have driven so many solid earning taxpayers out of the state with ridiculous taxes, yet keep letting more welfare recipients in. More people with hands out than hands in pockets. Then there are all the nanny state/fascist laws covering every aspect of people's lives, driving more people out of state.

Schwartzenegger should have figured this out long ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
registration is really that expensive??

wow i couldnt even afford to legalize my car even if i wanted to!

talk about being discriminated against because im poor...

i certainly cannot afford that...i barely can feed my kids

so i have to live like an outlaw, and drive illegally

Thanks Uncle Sam for giving me "options"

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You know, I bet if we didnt pay Fed taxes we would have more money to pay more state taxes. I dont mind paying state taxes, I can actually see where my money is being spent. There is no such thing as FREE MONEY no such thing as FREE HEALTH CARE no such thing as FREE EDUCATION. The money has to come from us, via state taxes. Instead of paying 33% in federal income tax alone that goes towards buying a fancy hidef flat screen for the fancy washington officials to have in every room of their fancy offices where they are never at because they are too busy taking fancy vacations on our tax dollars.....breath.....we should instead put that money towards our state where it will actuall be used on US.

Im not a Californian, Im from Missouri, but I learned quick that what hits California hits us within a couple months.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You got that right. The Federal Government, The money system and its regulations is part of this reason for poverty. The Crit came out with a story of interest. As you may know the Dems with Acorn and the Bush administration suppressed predatory lending laws in the states that would have stopped the lending practices on homes. However the scuttlebutt is that huge amounts of money was laundered by wire to bank accounts in national security accounts in Pakistan. Shown as the back side of the derivative market. Then frozen by the World Bank and the IFM. This explains a lot. 1). The lack of cash in the market (the same happened to cause the Great Depression). 2). The US losses in 401Ks being 5 Trillion alone not including the world market. 3). The Waco incident claim that some one inside the compound wrote the software for a back door into the banking system. As it was set up under Clinton. 4). Ironic that it by intent also may have been set up to avoid payment from lawsuits (being sued) from the S & Ls from the 1980s-90s that are said to start in 2012. Due to todays condition and the fuzzy derivative market bubble claim it sounds likely to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Why is it Arnold fault when California had the spending issues before him? You can either raise taxes or cut spending or when TSHTF like it is now you do both options unless your in California I guess. If your spending is above what you make and your citizens wont allow you to lower spending or raise funding then you can be anyone and the world and have the same outcome as Arnold has.

I don't even like the guy and I think its silly for people to try and blame him for this mess. With all the laws that have been passed its nearly impossible for anyone to run that state currently, it needs to toss the books and start over.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Funny that with the state out of money, they turn their back on same-sex marriage and all the economic benefits that it would entail. Gays spend money on marriages too. They also hire lawyers when getting divorced. Might as well cash in if you are a state in crisis.

It may not be much but you have got to look for new streams of revenue, such as this and cannabis as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

We will not fall into the pacific ocean. And, if the govener would lay off some of those high payed officials, then perhaps the budget would slow its downward spiral.

California will not fall into the pacific ocean.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I dont think anyone is blaming Arnold for this whole mess, although when the governor comes out and says stuff like this...well makes you wonder where is head is at?

Schwarzenegger: Don't blame state budget deficit on illegal immigrants:
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday disputed claims that illegal immigrants caused California's $24.3 billion deficit, while he praised their economic contributions and said he is "happy" they have access to services.

Most of the time, these earners do not pay state and federal taxes.
I see the connection, why doesnt he???
www.sacbee.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The answer is clear. That Government is Best Which Governs Least.

Fire 'em all and let 'em work at real jobs, making real goods like the rest of us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join