It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm So Damn Frustrated!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am so damn frustrated and I just can’t take it anymore.

I was talking to an old college friend earlier today about the economy and she says to me: “Things are getting better.” I asked her why she said that and her response was: “That’s what the news is reporting.” I could not believe my ears because she is a very smart person and accomplished yet she has no idea what the hell is going on in the world. I told her that the only reason things appear to be getting better at the moment is because the government (not just the U.S. but governments around the world) has injected trillions of dollars into the system to try to kick start the economy but have done absolutely nothing to fix the real problems. I told her that the “true nature of this beast” is going to show its face over the next year and things are going to get ALLOT worse. She met my comments with a heaping helpful of skepticism. People have to start thinking about the crap they are being spoon-fed before it too late, if it’s not already. We are being sold into bondage and people should be up in arms about yet there is hardly a whimper. What the hell is wrong with people in this country?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What's wrong with people?

Well, which would You be more likely to believe:

"Tomorrow will be just like today".

Or,

"Tomorrow, you'll die a searingly painful death when a meteorite smashes into your body".

Both scenarios are possible, although, truth to tell, the likelyhood of tomorrow being "Just Like" (as in "exactly") today is far more improbable than being hit by a meteorite).

What's wrong with people is their supposed "rational" human nature.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
the rich of the land will head south or to europe while some other nation mows over what's left in the US

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The problem with our warehouse schooling system is it has also been designed to create sheep. Even the educational systems are used in making followers and used to limit ones personal questioning abilities as it concerns reality.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb
Also North, into Canada.

There has been quite of an influx of former Americans who have jumped off the American ship.

Who knows what's going to happen to America by the next decade or two. Embargo because the people revolted, refused to pay debts, forced recollection of debts, home grown terrorism... the possibilities are endless.

I wonder if China is going to send in troops to 'recoup' what they lost, and if the US goes down Canada probably will follow soon after since we have no chance against the Chinese or the Russians.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My frustration reached the boiling point recently. I've just had it. We're allowing the elite of the world to buy and sell everything we're woked to build for two centuries, with much personal sacrifice and collective blood.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's hard for people to see it because they are constantly being hit by garbage in the media...all owned by corporations.

Most people never even think about who owns the media...the tv stations. I never used to.

Why would any corporation put out any news that would NOT be beneficial to their wealth?

I know what you mean project...about finally getting overly frustrated. I did yesterday...actually I have a few times. It's really quite stressful just to follow the whole situation and hard to sit and watch everything go to hell...and you try to tell people and they don't seem to care.

Sometimes I have to just get away from it...it can be overwhelming sometimes.

I know a few people at work are starting to listen to me more...because I told them that it's getting worse..not better...as they news has been showing...and that's exactly how it is now.

It's something to see when you show someone our debt...I showed a few friends the usdebtclork.org website over the weekend.

Their eyeballs almost popped out of their heads when they first seen all of that debt this country has made and the numbers constantly going higher...while being trillions and trillions of dollars.

They asked how we could pay that all of? I told them we really couldn't. They know about the unemployment...but many still have no idea how crazy our debt is.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

You're not alone LM, you've summed up my own observations.

The movie title "The Land of the Lost" is very apropos for the American condition at present. How many people do we all know that are going through life like the present circumstances are just a minor bump in the road and the current administration will be looked back on at some point with a smile as they're unveiling a statue of "sugar bowl skull" right next to Ronnie in the Capitol Rotunda? Back when the term "sheeple" was first being peppered around every political conversation I was not convinced. That's changed. If you're not convinced by now that a majoriy of people are unconscious regarding the dire state of this country and the world just line up for the kool-aid.

I know there's a dissconect, a refusal to let go of dreams. That's what a lot of it is unrealistic dreams, pie in the sky. People don't want to be derailed from their own priorities by getting involved in politics. "That's for politically savy or motivated people." People don't vote and don't care and that has been picked up on by the controlling forces behind the politicians. These entities no longer have to pick sides to further their agendas. Either side works, there's little difference between them. And..... they've effectively legislated 3rd parties out of competing for office. It took decades but they've closed the loop. Remember that dictators hold elections too.

People have been spoiled by not sacrificing for their gains. They've inherited a false security. What we're seeing now is how hard it is to shift back into survival mode after decades of rust. I can describe it 'til the cows come home but I don't have any clear thoughts on correction. I don't know if there's enough of us left to turn the tide.

top topics

join