It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Carlos de Bariloche - A real city of Eureka!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This place is supposedly where the Nazi's fled after WWII and also rumored to have a top secret base in the mountains near it. I wonder if it could be a real life "Eureka" ?

"Besides tourism and the many activities and services associated with it, Bariloche is home to first class scientific and technological activities. The Centro Atómico Bariloche [2] is a research center of the National Atomic Energy Commission, where basic and applied research in many areas of the physical sciences is carried out. One of its departments is the Instituto Balseiro [3], a higher education institution with a small and carefully selected number of students, that awards degrees in Physics, and in Nuclear and Mechanical Engineering, and Masters and Doctorate degrees in Physics and in Engineering. The city also hosts INVAP, a high technology company that designs and builds nuclear reactors and space satellites, among other projects. The private non profit organization Bariloche Foundation [4], reinforces the feature of scientific excellence of the city. Started in 1963, it promotes postgraduate teaching and research grounded on a solid humanistic culture, within the scope of democratic principles. Its main fields are Energy – through the Energy Economics Institute IDEE [5]; the Environment; Philosophy; and Quality of Life programs, through three institutional programs. In addition, there are also several departments and laboratories of the Comahue University."

SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Definitely a S&F for you.
Its funny just yesterday after seeing a commercial about that show, i asked myself if there may be a real life eureka somewhere. Now i know that it might just be real...Awesome and Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

PEACE!!!

[edit on 04/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I appreciate it.

Hopefully there will be additional interest in this.

Perhaps someone has actually visited this place?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Has anyone found any new info on this?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reading Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolph Hitlerby Dunstan and Williams now,

Amazon link

which focuses on the same , beautiful, Alpinesque town at the edge of Lake Nihuel.

Somewhere I suspect many of us would like to retire! Adolf H was apparently there

until 1955, then moving on to a town about 50 miles away. There's simply way too

much "leeway", or "fog of war" obscuring the real comings and goings of many u-boats

to Argentina (and elsewhere) during and after WW2. Such a chaotic time that together with

knowing how Hitler employed many body doubles, it becomes easy to see how he could

have escaped to Argentina under the watchful eyes of Juan Peron and Eva Duarte. Enough

said. Let's hope the 4th reich isn't waiting out a certain series of (still) future events to "rise

again."

Don't think for a second that there aren't Nazi sympathizers in Patagonia, and

elsewhere. Yes, I said it. Real nazi's. In the 21st century.

top topics

join