It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one knows he/she is a mason?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
s.t = silk tie
pp of my e =purple points of my ead

see i can speak mason too
as we say down my lodge ...... it's all B.S and it isn't worth A. F ....

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Masonic Light - I'm intrigued by the allegation that I am an imposter, who am I supposed to be impersonating?

You claimed to have been coerced by Masons to join the Fraternity, which we both know is an outright lie, regardless of how many times you deny it in public. Your imposture concerns the fact that the only �knowledge� you have of Freemasonry consists of misinformation taken from the Freemasonry Watch website, as well as a few books commonly available to the general public, while masquerading as an expert.

I most certainly am not claiming to be a 33rd degree Freemason like someone else on this board who doesn�t seem to know the details of the 32nd Degree.

I did not claim to be a 33� Scottish Rite Mason; I stated that I held the 32�, and have been dubbed a KCCH by the Supreme Council. As for Ritual, you are not a Mason, much less a Scottish Rite Mason, and therefore you have no real knowledge of the subject. For example, on another thread, you indicated your belief that the Candidate in the 32� wears a suit of armor, which is absurd. You also were not aware of the Supreme Council�s Statutes regarding the mandatory degrees of the Rite, nor the past prerequisite of holding the 32� in order to become a Shriner. You also indicated your belief that the Third Degree was governed by the Scottish Rite, even though the Scottish Rite actually begins with the 4�.
Since the errors are numerous, and concern very important aspects of understanding the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, one is forced to conclude that you are not a safe or accurate resource for anyone studying the subject, regardless if they be Masons, anti-Masons, or just curious onlookers.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Do Shriners have anyting to do with Masons. A yes or no answer is all I need to know.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Shriners belong to an order unique to America drawing on 33 degree Freemasons.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Do Shriners have anyting to do with Masons. A yes or no answer is all I need to know.

Shriners (Ancient Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine) is a Masonic organization. Traditionally, one must be a 32� Scottish Rite Mason or Masonic Knight Templar in order to join the Shriners.
In 2000, the Imperial Council of the Shrine voted to allow all Master Masons to join, regardless if they were members of the Scottish Rite or Knight Templars.

www.shrinershq.org...

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
As Groucho Marx once wisely said...

"I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member"

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Welcome to the ATS Club Root!

In conclusion, it is not possible to be a Freemason without knowing you are one, unless you have amnesia.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Seems like that's right to me.

I don't see how you could wake up one day and say something like:

"Hm...I feel strange this morning...OH, CRAP...look at this RING!!!...OH GOD....I'm A GAD DANG MASON!"

Yeah, it just doesn't work like that.

I don't think that the Freemasons are desperate enough to start inducting strangers in their sleep.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
When i first srarted posting here I could care less about Mason's, didnt know what they were about. Im still clueless to what there goal is, though there stuff seems rather righteous in a way. I thinking about going to my local lodge and seeing what the deal with, or at least see if I reconize any cars at their meetings and ask a member whats goin on.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In regards to your experience marg6043:

This is a very funny experience my husband had with a co-worker that he knows for 5 years, my husband like to aproach friends and say something in another language when one day he aproached this co-worker and in arabic he grated him inmeadiatly he turned around and stated reciting the strangest thing like a trance and then called my husband fellow mason, to my husband surprise he said to him that he wasnot a mason and he asked him how did he knew that greating and my husband told him that he spended time un Saudi Arabia and had to learn the language. Well muy husband said that he will never imagined that this person was a mason. He is just a regular Joe. they never talk about the incident ever again so anybody could be a mason around you and you will never know

Shriners use a common Arabic greeting as a means of recognition; the funny part is that typically if a Shriner is not involved directly in ritual (a small number within a temple) he forgets it. The majority of Masons regardless of affiliation to appendant groups use "Blue Lodge" tokens and signs to recognize each other.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I read recently in a book of Jean-Paul SARTRE that if a masons want you to know that he is a mason, he will draw in your palm a triangle when you hold his hand.

But I got an uncle who lived in USA, and he told me that in USA, you dont hold the hand to give salutations...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
I read recently in a book of Jean-Paul SARTRE that if a masons want you to know that he is a mason, he will draw in your palm a triangle when you hold his hand.
But I got an uncle who lived in USA, and he told me that in USA, you dont hold the hand to give salutations...

Well, remember, Sartre, who was an atheist, was not a Mason. I've read a lot of Sartre, but I don't remember this particular passage. If it was in one of his plays, he may have just made it up for dramatic purposes. Or a Mason may have told him that, pulling his leg, and he fell for it. Who knows?

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would like to join i have never been able to find a member to ask however

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRADman

I see from your bio you're in NC. You can email the Grand Secretary of the Grand Lodge of NC, and he will put you in contact with someone in your town or city.

www.grandlodge-nc.org...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Well, remember, Sartre, who was an atheist, was not a Mason. I've read a lot of Sartre, but I don't remember this particular passage. If it was in one of his plays, he may have just made it up for dramatic purposes. Or a Mason may have told him that, pulling his leg, and he fell for it. Who knows?

Fiat Lvx.

No, it was in "WORDS" (les mots), he talk about one of his youth personal professor, who was suspected to be a mason.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by SRADman

I see from your bio you're in NC. You can email the Grand Secretary of the Grand Lodge of NC, and he will put you in contact with someone in your town or city.

www.grandlodge-nc.org...

Thanks Alot!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i'm in the process of applying to join the bricklayers union in chicago .
if i'm accepted on to the apprentice program , could i apply to the local masonic lodge ?
is there a link between 'mystic' masons and actual masons ?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
www.ilmason.org...

The two are not related in terms of eligibility, however if you use the link provided I think you'll find what you�re looking for.

Begin your journey East

top topics

<< 1   >>

join