It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda murders British tourist kidnapped at African music festival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Al Qaeda murders British tourist kidnapped at African music festival

www.dailymail.co.uk

Gordon Brown today condemned al Qaeda over the 'barbaric' murder of a Briton who was kidnapped in Mali four months ago.
The Prime Minister said the Government had 'strong reason to believe' the terrorist organisation had killed Edwen Dyer as it had threatened to do if extremist cleric Abu Qatada was not released from a British high-security prison.
Mr Dyer, who had been working in Austria, was kidnapped in Niger along with three other Europeans after visiting an African festival in January.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

A statement on a jihadist website by an al Qaeda branch said it 'killed Dyer on May 31, finding that Britain is unresponsive and does not seem to care for its citizens'.
Threat: Mr Dyer's killers had demanded the release of militant Abu Qatada, above
It added: 'The British captive was killed so that he, and with him the British state, may taste a portion of what innocent Muslims taste every day at the hands of the Crusader and Jewish coalition to the east and to the west.'

Just disgusting to be honest, I hate the treatments on hostagages at the hands of these radicals. It makes me laugh when you here that our medics treat the likes of this on the battle field however when they capture a prisoner it always seems to lead to death.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 3/6/09 by On the level]

[edit on 3/6/09 by On the level]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
And they do this in the name of religion?

Just goes to show some out there would rather the Muslim religion be a violent faith rather than a peacefull faith. My heart goes out to this mans family. Just a pitty The Government off the UK sat on thier hands once again.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It seems when it comes to North Africa the home offices`s response is dont go, look at the state of Africa in General, I wouldent be suprises if Nigeria is on a government hit list next due to its oil reserves

top topics

join