It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former U.S. commander in Iraq calls for truth commission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Former U.S. commander in Iraq calls for truth commission

www.cnn.com

The former commander of U.S. forces in Iraq who retired over the Abu Ghraib prison scandal is calling for a truth commission to investigate Bush-era policies behind the abuse and controversial interrogations of detainees.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.nytimes.com
www.npr.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Does Abu Ghraib report fault or clear U.S. command?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Apparently, the plot thickens regarding the Abu Ghraib scandal which rocked the American people as well as hardening relations with the Muslim world.

So it turns out, one of the minions is speaking out; demanding answers about the scandal. Just on the heels of POTUS Obama's refusal to release more Abu Graib photos, I wonder what the motivation behind this is? I wonder if the Bush administration is finally starting to have cold sweats about this one.

We've seen Vice President Cheney all over on his press junket, however, I wonder if he'll try to slither out of this one. Lets see what happens, because I think there is more meat to the Abu Ghraib scandal waiting to be uncovered.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I really believe this man is speaking out to regain his reputation and is hoping that a truth commission would do just that.

Even though he says that his name being forever linked to this scandal no longer bothers him, I feel it still does.

If I were in his shoes and knew that I gave my all with honor and dignity, I would fight to the end till I got cleared 100%.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The reason why is because they know things are very very tense in America right now. Like seriously revolution can breakout at any second. They no longer have the security detail that they once had.

Obama is in the same boat that's he won't release the photo's because he knows the only way for him to be immune is to pack up and bring the troops home but he isn't doing that. Besides all this stuff is still going on and it has always gone on the only difference is that Bush and Cheney tried to make it "legal".

They all know what the deal is. They all know the outcome if revolution breaks out. It isn't only that but the people that do the dirty work, aka the soldiers are getting really fed up of being lied too, its all out in the open.

There is no telling what is going on behind White House Doors. We are living in very crazy times.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join