It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Confidential' U.S. nuke info posted on Web

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Anybody bother to think that may have been intentional. Theres alot of reasons the government may want certain people to know where those sites are.

I bet it was ordered. I don't think an employee of that office would see the title and say hmmm nuclear silos and launch sites going public..that sounds correct. Im sure they would have thought about losing his or her job over that little mess up. or worse..

information is printed all the time with seemingly sensitive material with a direct purpose

seeeeeeee!

[edit on 06/02/2009 by parisinflames]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by parisinflames

Since it was announced in the MSM, it most certainly was intentional.
What harm can this really do, and to WHOM is another question.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

How did any of that answer either question I posed?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
What's the big deal.

We're supposed to be a free society right?

Doesn't everyone love Freedom?

The suppression of information leads to opposite of freedom.

So are you more free now that this info has been released? Did this somehow give you more freedom than you had yesterday?

It should go without saying that we should have the freedom to not worry that some crackpot is going to go try to steal something or blow something up because some idiot posted this on the internet. Now we no longer have that freedom. There are some things that shouldn't be posted online. This would be one of them.

well to answer your questions, no it does not make you more free

if you dont wanna know

you have the freedom of not knowing

if you want to know

you still dont know

think about it, do you really think something on a level of security such as active nuclear launch sites and silos or storage would just be broadcasted in one error, you've got to know better than that. It was intentional and for a purpose. Whats the biggest nuclear threat out there right now? Korea...we just so happened to broadcast we were planning a tactical nuclear first strike correct, so lets broadcast the locations of all our nukes,and launching sites so other countries can watch and wonder, when they see no activity at these "sites" everything remains at a proper defcon level, so when a country that would report to korea there is no soon to be strike, we didnt see anything move...even though talks of a first strike are everywhere on the interweb, they are none the wiser. There are so many active spies in the US from so many countries it's crazy. A spy whos country of origin I will not disclose was taken into custody by the FBI with the help of our department less than 3 weeks ago in a downtown Detroit hotel within a minute of the canadian border entrance.

most government mistakes are for a well planned purpose. Love em' or hate em' they know how to manipulate and put on the innocent face.

it's a chess game, thats all. espionage and outwitting your opponent with false flags and false intelligence.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by parisinflames

An Israeli company called Magal Security Systems (partly owned by the Israeli Government) is in charge of security for the many of the most sensitive nuclear power and weapons storage facilities in the United States.

Qui Bono?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I would need to use the printer or turn the monitor on its side to read it.
[edit on 2-6-2009 by star in a jar]

Little tip that may help you, with certain graphics cards/chip sets you can hold ctrl+Alt and use the arrow keys to flip your display... But not all, (for instance it don't work on my computer) But I worker in this one office where every computer did that - Oh the fun we had getting someone to work of an upside down display on a difficult call

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am just glad it wasn't Biden who gave up this info. If it would have been him, it might have solidified the idea that he is in fact an idiot.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else is nervous that all our enemies know where our main storage of enriched Uranium is, but I find it a bit worrisome. Accident though, riiiiiight.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I don't know if anyone else is nervous that all our enemies know where our main storage of enriched Uranium is, but I find it a bit worrisome. Accident though, riiiiiight.

My thoughts exactly, how is it even possible to make a mistake like that?

Things went haywire when 2 nukes were accidentally transported over the US.

But when the location of everything is leaked it's not a big deal and it "happens"?

Good land I work at a hospital and the only time anything is accidentally released it's usually to another hospital just faxing the wrong persons records and is pretty much an internal thing that can be fixed very easily.

But this?! Well we won't have to worry about planes in towers now everyone will be too busy storming the uranium plants lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The more I think about this article and the more I look at things that have been going on as of late I have to ask the same question someone else posted in another thread of mine. Where's Sandy Berger? First a terrabyte of info on the clinton administration goes missing and all of a sudden in less then a month we have something like this I say to concidential.

If this was a pre approved release I have to wonder if its bait shut down sites that hold info like wikileaks and cryptome. Thats usually how gov goes about shutting down a site they dont want opperating im wondering if thats whats going on here.

Falcon

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So are you more free now that this info has been released?

The release of this particular information has no bearing on any one individuals freedom.

When a group of people who think that they are smarter and better than you start doing things for your own good it's called oppression. It's a place where a group of people slowly upsurp the power of the individual. Ever so slowly, one law is passed, then another, then another, and another. Before you know it you become complacent and at the mercy of some burocrat who is the puppet of the rich and the wealthy.

The ever so-slow release of the grip of authoritarianism is a good sign. That's how I see this.

Did this somehow give you more freedom than you had yesterday?

See above answer to answer this question.

I believe that I have answered your questions. I'm not sure if you understand or not?

[edit on 3-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by parisinflames
think about it, do you really think something on a level of security such as active nuclear launch sites and silos or storage would just be broadcasted in one error

Actually yes I do. Look at how many people have had their social security numbers and other private information either lost, stolen, or left on a laptop over recent years. Idiots in government are endless and it is entirely possible that one of those idiots made a massive mistake.

The release of this particular information has no bearing on any one individuals freedom.

Seems to contradict your earlier statement.

If the release of this information has no bearing on anyone's freedom, then the suppression of it had no bearing on anyone's freedom.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

If the release of this information has no bearing on anyone's freedom, then the suppression of it had no bearing on anyone's freedom.

I think you're missing the point.

Why don't we just declare everything a state secret, spy on all citizens and suppress free movement at key points of travel?

What's on this list that needs to be declared top secret anyways?

It's just a list of facilities that handle WMD's or material that could be used to make WMD's is it not?

Why would someone goto all the trouble of breaking into these facilities and destroying or stealing whatever is there?

They could just dump a bunch of poisonous chemicals into the nations water and food supply.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

What's on this list that needs to be declared top secret anyways?

You don't see knowledge of where our materials to create nuclear weapons are kept as something that should be kept out of the hands of those who would steal them to create their own? Really? I'm stunned. You do understand that if someone got hold of these addresses and wanted to steal the materials they wouldn't be planning anything good with them right?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You don't see knowledge of where our materials to create nuclear weapons are kept as something that should be kept out of the hands of those who would steal them to create their own?

You do understand that if someone got hold of these addresses and wanted to steal the materials they wouldn't be planning anything good with them right?

I just don't think it makes much of a difference Jenna. If someone wants to do harm to the entire human race there are far easier ways to destroy the planet and the worlds population.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join