It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Birds Rain From Sky in Western Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Dead Birds Rain From Sky in Western Australia

www.foxnews.com

The sky in Western Australia is raining dead birds in what is becoming a regular, and mysterious, event for the region.

More than 200 ibises, ravens, ducks, gulls and a pelican were found dead or convulsing near Perth, raising fears of a mass poisoning.

The discovery comes less than a year after the mystery deaths of 200 gulls only a few miles away, and two years after thousands of birds fell from the skies over the coastal town of Esperance after being poisoned by lead carbonate.

The latest poisoning has been caused by the the pesticide Fenthion, which is used both for domestic and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have no idea what is the reason behind it. I hope there is someone who can find out why it could happen.

anyway it is not a good sign I belive. something is killing those birds and I do not think it is safe for humans either.

I hope someone from Australia can give some more info on that.

and well I hope maybe this time I am not double posting the thread (I did a search but quite often I do not fine a topic and I see it few minutes later - sorry if it happened again).

cheers

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Quite the dramatic headline I must say.

Unfortunately it's a repost:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also the cause is known:

Western Australia's Department of Environment and Conservation is investigating whether 160 birds found dead at a tip in Perth's southern suburbs were intentionally harmed.

Tests on birds found at the Henderson landfill site in the City of Cockburn over the last two days show there is a high level of a pesticide called fenthion in their stomachs.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah, it's been big news recently. It underlines the problems caused by people not properly disposing of their old chemicals.

This has been an isolated event, and does not effect the rest of the state. It's like saying "Dead birds raining down on Europe", when the area affected is a just small city in Europe. A bit disproportional really, but then again it was Fox...

Oh, it wasn't 'raining birds' - most of them were affected very quickly and didn't have time to fly off before getting sick/paralyzed.

Shane

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

oki. sorry for that. thanks for info. and for the cause - I have to say I am not convinced

new topics

top topics

join