It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stored ammo in Reseda explodes, forcing evacuation of homes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I witnessed this incident, and can confirm that there were indeed explosions, as well as rounds of ammunition going off. There were about 6 large, ground shaking explosions, similar to the 4th of July fireworks that don't flash pretty colors, but explode with a bright white light and a loud boom. As well, there was a constant staccato of pops, similar to a string of firecrackers going off, I can only assume this was live ammo discharging. I'd say it was going at a rate of 10/second, and as it was two hours before things were brought under control, that means about 72,000 rounds of ammo discharging. I witnessed shell casings fall from the sky onto the street in front of the house, at which point, realizing what was going on, I beat feet.
Yes, the media sensationalized this a bit. And I don't disagree people should have a right to own guns. On the flip side, it's absolutely amazing no-one was hurt, whether foolish rubberneckers, surrounding property owners, or responding emergency personnel. This was in a residential neighbourhood, and there is no call for storing this level of explosives/armament in it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join