It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea - Next NWO Battlefield? - Above Politics 66

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by deessell
Actually, North Korea's dominant ideology is Songun which mean Military First. Songun means that the Military is the number one priority in the country. They [the military] run a separate budget. The country is effectively run by the Military with the Generalissimo Kim Jong Il at the helm.

For sure NK has a militant ideology. They are also an impoverished malnourshed state where starvation is the primary cause of death. They depend on China for almost all their fuel and food. China tolerates them because thet don't want 20 million starving people overrunning their border.

Madman Kim sabre rattles because it gets him attention and international aid to shut him up.

A tragic situation no one knows what to do about. The last thing anyone wants is to win a war with them and have to pay reparations.

What the lunatic will do is anybody's guess. Probably just more of the same.

Hopefully there will be an internal revolt. No one wants to step foot in there.

Mike

Mike, I have actually been there. I was there in August this year. Yes, it is a very poor country but you have to understand the tragic history of the country. They also have sanctions on them which does not help the people.

Dominant western media continuously portrays Kim Il-Jong as a madman and the people as starving. I didn't see any starving people but I did see many very poor people, especially in the countryside. The country suffers a lack of energy, you would be lucky to see 10 cars on the roads in Pyongyang at the same time. People live in high rise buildings without elevators because their isn't any electricity.

Is it even slightly possible to understand how the people would be resentful that the 'West' disallows them to build a light water reactor for electricity?

I am NOT defending the dynastic, communist militant regime but having actually travelled there I have another perspective.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Haha.
Yeah.

Korea is the next new battle ground.

ZERG RUSH. KEKEKEKEKEKEKE.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Originally posted by InsaneInTheOlMembrain
I disbelieve in the whole Illuminati Freemason things, but i do admit that many of these wars are well orchestrated ones.

I kind of tend to agree with you there, I am not sure that the Illuminati are the same as the Freemasons as some declare, or that they are descended from the Knights Templar.

I just think they are the current World's Most Wealthy and Powerful.

I do think they exist but I doubt all the back story is all.

as for being well orchestrated, I think if you look back on history you will find many wars are quite deliberate and are simply used to obtain wealth.

Didn't you ever see Aladdin? "The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules."

Arabian niiiiiiiights... like Arabian daaaaaaaays... (you know you remember the song.)

Kudos for making an Aladdin reference in that post.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Stellar Divinity]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
I was there in August this year. Yes, it is a very poor country but you have to understand the tragic history of the country. They also have sanctions on them which does not help the people.

Dominant western media continuously portrays Kim Il-Jong as a madman and the people as starving. I didn't see any starving people but I did see many very poor people, especially in the countryside. The country suffers a lack of energy, you would be lucky to see 10 cars on the roads in Pyongyang at the same time. People live in high rise buildings without elevators because their isn't any electricity.

Is it even slightly possible to understand how the people would be resentful that the 'West' disallows them to build a light water reactor for electricity?

I am NOT defending the dynastic, communist militant regime but having actually travelled there I have another perspective.

Deessell,

Just catching your response today. Though I have not been to North Korea, I have visited and lived in a number of poor countries.

It is heartbreaking to know that people suffer so much because of the inadvisable policies of their leaders. There have been more deaths in North Korea than may be apparent t someone just visiting. Reportedly 2 million died there in the 90s due to rampant malnutrition and outright starvation.

As with Zimbabwe and other basket case economies, the regimes invariably tell the people that sanctions are the reason for the country's economic problems. No one admits to greed, corruption, incompetence.

Kim could alleviate the country's economic isolation and pariah status of with the stroke of a pen. His vanity, egotism, and well...madness, keeps him from doing what is best for his people. More will suffer, more will die, until there is a serious regime change.

This is not my outsider evaluation, it is what North Koreans who've defected, South Koreans, the Chinese all know.

Mike

[edit on 21-11-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We couldn't beat Vietnam, what about a country that has been digging in for decades??

I think we need to think about a regime change instead.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSMIX

Well if you know your history, there was already an attempt from the "NWO" to take over North Korea, and that was in 1953. This is a moment in history that doesn't seemed to be covered to its full political significance, as this was the first, and largely FAILED, attempt by the U.N. to impose its rule to the world as a new global supranational superpower, by crushing the armies of communist Korea, who was totally against joining the embryonic imperialistic global capitalist state. This was an example of how the ruling global elite is NOT omnipotent and supremely intelligent, even with all the gold, power and privileges they have, they can be ridiculed to a point of having to withdraw their forces and having to turn their superstate into a global political farce about humanitarism, "peace" and "fighting poverty".

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
egods, the kids are playing with the matches again.

The link below, I think, gives a good perspective on N. Korea, very interesting article. IMO: North Korea is going to be another "problem" area.

www.cbsnews.com...

So what could the leaders of North Korea possibly hope to achieve in a war they know they cannot win?

"Their hope is that they can make the war so painful to the United States and South Korea that we will not pursue it to the end," said Joseph Bermudez.

Bermudez tracks the North Korean military for Jane's Defense Weekly believes it would begin with a massive barrage by thousands of artillery pieces and rocket launchers, many of them capable of hitting the capital of Seoul, a sprawling megalopolis of 13 million people just 20 miles south of the DMZ.

"They intend to employ chemical weapons, ballistic missiles right from the very beginning," Bermudez said. "If they feel threatened enough, they might even go nuclear. We're not sure."

www.country-data.com...

America has been & still is testing all kinds of stuff, biological, viral, laser (blue beam / HAARP).

In 1945 America led the planet in crossing over a line that should have never been crossed, that line being the use of nuclear weapons of mass destruction.

America opened the Pandora's box first. Once that line is crossed, there is no going back.

I think what determines if a species survives is their spiritual and ethics developement must at least be equal to or more advanced then their technological growth.

When a species has technological developement and their spiritual/ethics suck that spells trouble.

Mankind is in a race. Will we survive as a species or blow ourselves up?

We have new and wonderous WMD and yet many of us still wear turbins and worship "gods" that never existed.

We are at present, a really violent, warring species. Many of us will screw over another fellow human just "to get a head", to "survive".

What most of us don't realize is we are all drops of water within the ocean we call "god".

Will we end up blowing ourselves up?

If we all keep arguing over whose "god" is better and "I want your oil, land, people" we will.

If we as a species enmasse grow up and realize we are all interconnected and what we do onto each other we do onto ourselves.

The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that refuse military service. -Albert Einstein -

Will humanity ever grow up?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

Very good post. Starred.

One can see a picture, hear or read "the news" (which is mostly slanted corporate propaganda) and gain some perspectives, but actually reading a post from someone who has had a first hand experience there was very insightful.

How long were you there?

What else did you see / hear?

Is the picture we are getting from "the news" pretty accurate?

I also thought this article was very insightful. www.nytimes.com...

Source: topics.nytimes.com...

Updated June 15, 2009

By Choe Sang-Hun and Martin Fackler

Kim Jong-un, the youngest and least-known son of Kim Jong-il, the leader of North Korea, is being mentioned as the likely successor to his father.

There is only one photograph of Kim Jong-un available outside North Korea. In that picture, he is 11 years old.

"When Prince Jong-un shook hands with me, he fixed me with a vicious look," Kim Jong-il's former Japanese sushi chef wrote in a 2003 memoir describing his first encounter with the boy, then 7, dressed in a military uniform and known as a "prince" among his father's aides. "I still cannot forget the look in his eyes. It seemed to say, 'This is a despicable Japanese.' "

The chef, who goes by the pen name Kenji Fujimoto, said in an interview that as a teenager, Kim Jong-un was already his father's favorite and "looked just like him."

The lone photo and Mr. Fujimoto's memories form part of the few precious strands of information analysts and intelligence officials in South Korea and Washington rely on as they struggle to put together a dossier on Kim Jong-un.

They describe Kim Jong-un as a man in his mid-20s, of medium height, overweight and prone to high blood pressure and suffering from diabetes, and with character traits similar to his father's.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I live in the united kingdom and I live in london which can be nuclear easly by north korea. since united kingdom are ailied will the united state, then could Complete annihilat us and that could be the end of the united kingdom and the eu.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSMIX

of all the slime balls on this planet i think the most obnoxious and psychopathic race on planet terra are the North Korean Stalinst reds..... imo the little punk who runs that hell hole is NOT human..and if anybody is draco reptilians it would be the little prick who runs that hell hole... what i would recommend is to launch about all the big icbms we have on the places he sleeps and lives and try like hell to obliterate the little reptoid psycho off the face of this earth and back to the hell hole he came from in a previous incarnation....he will be sitting right up there with A Hitler in some convenient purgatory for ever.... the two of them will never get out of angel training....and believe me, that is where all souls go...angel training for the etheric spirit....trained by angels....they will be in that class for a looooong time....along with Stalin, Mao, Hussein, Bush I and II and the Clinton luciferians.....etc....and of course his majesty Obama....the main luciferian.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Madman Kim sabre rattles because it gets him attention and international aid to shut him up. A tragic situation no one knows what to do about. The last thing anyone wants is to win a war with them and have to pay reparations.

North Korea borders with who? To help out here is the answer.

NK

So Politics of NK are politics of China. China's barking dog is NK, and it rattles the saber when told to. This will not change and do not expect them to be welcoming Democracy anytime soon either!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shakespear1

That's the real concern over there, isn't it?

China

We don't know what they will do or how far they will go to protect their interests in that arena...

Semper

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hillary I suspect has been told in that typical Chinese "straight talk" what to expect. ANYTHING.

But the Chinese would have not been around for so long if they were stupid
These are tough cookies and one must be careful to not over play one's hand.

I love seeing those old photos of Mao and Kissinger. The "scribes" are behind them translating and the rest sitting around taking notes. They are taking multiple notes because EVERY word counts when dealing with the Chinese

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't think NK will be a theater of war anytime soon. Iran is the next war, and for a very good reason.

Take a glimpse at a map, put some pieces together. Afghanistan was step #1 (after the excuse bin Ladden so conveniently supplied his "master"), it may not yet be a "done deal" but it will be when the time is right. Step #2 was Iraq (there they ran out of reasons so they made up one that held so little water that it was a good "test" to see if the cattle of this planet would swallow it, mostly they did!!).

now consider what Iraq has, and lots of it, what Afghanistan is and where in all this mess does China come to "play"?

It's all about oil, having occupied its production grounds (not all of them but we're getting there) AND occupying the land route to transport it to the fastest growing economy on the planet. No more slow moving ships that charge an arm and a leg to provide you the precious "blood" of industry and war, no sir! A land pipe, protected by the forces of the US army all along to the Chinese border, from there on it is their job and their oil since they paid for it (it remains to be determined how much will they have to pay for American oil brought to them this way).

The only "piece" missing from this beautiful picture is...Iran! Add that up and you have your whole plan!

What I do not know at this point is what the "reason" for many American young men and women to die for some oil companies to profit will be. An attempt to use alleged nuclear weapons manufacturing in Iran fell through, for now. It may return or it may not, if something better (more believable) comes along. stay tuned, TV stations everywhere will tell you what is going on, what you should think and how you should react. All you have to do is cast a ballot, the rest will "take care of itself"

I would worry sick if my country had rich oil deposits AND was in the way, luckily it's not and it's not. And, to make things more ironic, it is already a democracy (and you should pay good money to it every time you use the term
)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The USA fought a War of Independence so as to liberate themselves from under the yoke of the British Colonial Empire. Now hypocrisy the USA Colonial Empirialists are actively going about the world building their USA Empire.
Anyone who looks at the history of the Far East knows how North Koreans came to be a free people able to enjoy self governance. First you need to understand that the Korean People were once a mighty empire Lorded over by the great warlord Ghenghis Khan and his descendents. The mongol race [Korean are mongol race] constitute no less than 85% of the human species.
During the 20th Century the Japanese occupied the whole of the Korean Peninsular. The koreans as a people were being exterminated if they would not learn Japanese. Land owners were killed and replaced by Japanese colonists. The USA forces during 1953 were not fighting North Korean soldiers. The USA forces fled south to Pusan because it was China doing the fighting against the USA occupation of the Korean Peninsular. From the point of view of China the USA are even more unwanted than were the Japanese. The USA forces wanted to murder the Korean people. Just continuing the genocidal slaughter with "Operation Rat Killer" as were the Japanese doing before them. The USA carpet bombing programme was not just strip bombing NK but also unopposedly in SK too. Korean civilians were the prime target. Russia using their MIG-15's were able to drive the USA forces into surrender. The USA lost 50,000 of their pilots. The Korean people were simply on lookers. China [ground] and Russia [air] were doing all the fighting. The Korean War is not a local conflict. It is a strategic conflict with the USA as the genocidal prime cause. SK is a nation of slave under the Japanese Empire with the USA forces acting as mercinaries serving that slave trade. Since 1953 SK is merely an extention of the Empire of Japan. In fact most SK people are of Japanese blood. NK however is more truely korean blood and thanks to the Kim Dynasty enjoy relative independence.
The population of NK is 23,000,000. What you might not realise is that there are even more Koreans living in China and Russia. Korean is an officially recognised "minority language" with in the PRC. Even greater numbers of Koreans live in the Russian asia. Russians have a less friendly attitude towards minority languages. Korean language is essentially much in the same category as Mongolian language. The "Hangul" korean alphabet is much the same as the mongolian alphabet. The PRC when debating what alphabet to use for the literation of mandarin were very near to adopting Hangul but eventually chosen to use latin alphabet instead. That might change. Hangul can be used to literate any language.
In the event that there should be another outbreak of violence on the Korean Peninsular then the USA forces might do best to simply withdraw completely rather than get involved. China and Russia will certainly not hesitate to take the opportunity to forcefully get the USA forces [or any other ally of the Japanese] out for ever.
As regard to "Communism" just take it from me that it never ever existed. NK is not communist. It is just simply NK. NK people will always be just as you see then today. Beautiful. Heaven on Earth. Paradise. Americans might not like it. So we say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
SHIMONO

[edit on 17/2/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The following is my take on DPRK foreign policy

ROOOH, PINK FRACE RIKE THE FREEDROM... RETS SEE HOW RHEY RIKE THE BROMB!!! ROOOH PRINK FACE NOT SMRILING NOW!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In my opinion, there's three major potential battlefields that may come into play in a coming war:

The Korean Peninsula
India-Pakistan
Israel-Palestine

It's interesting to see how all three represent different types of conflict. In Korea, you have the Cold War era communism v. democracy sort of conflict. In India and Pakistan, you have the ancient history's common conflict of religions. And in Israel-Palestine, you have the classic conflict of land, politics, and just plain old not liking each other.

Which one will come up to be the foreground for the future? Who knows?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dtp22

Isreal and Palestine ahve been going at it for years without actually finishing each other off. I think it's a love-hate type of thing. They hate each other, but who are they gonna fight with if they kill each other off?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smashing31

You know, it is pretty interesting to see what's next. Suppose Israel finally gets all the land they claim is theirs. What happens then? Or suppose Palestinians get all the land that they claim is theirs. What happens? By now, conflict has become a regular occurrence in that region. Can they also live without it? It's something to consider.

But getting back to North Korea, I think it seems inevitable that the Korean peninsula will be reunited sometime. The only question is: under who? North Korea? South Korea? Or an outside entity [NWO?]?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was agast when the USA called a recent nuke test a dud.

It may have been a suitcase nuke.
I would have rather seen a huge one blow off in the north.
Rather than one like was measured in thier last test.

These guy dont seem to have any qualms useing wepons.
They shoot down civilan air liners.
They mine the DMZ every night.

The public should be informed of the anyone dies on the DMZ.

Watcher

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join