It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea clarifies its stance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Here is a statement from North Korea regarding their recent actions. It is a good read and I suggest you read the entire statement. There are some rather chilling parts to it as well. It really sounds like they plan on escalating this until we cave in, which isn't going to happen. This could get ugly.

www.kcna.co.jp...

The recent nuclear test conducted by the DPRK is the 2054th one on the earth.

The five permanent members of the UNSC have conducted 99.99 percent of all the nuclear tests.

Those countries have posed the biggest nuclear threats to the world. But they took issue with our first nuclear test, which was conducted in October 2006 as a self-defensive measure to cope with increased nuclear threats by the U.S., terming it a "threat to the international peace" and adopted the sanctions resolution against the DPRK. This is exactly the UNSC Resolution 1718.

The DPRK is neither a signatory to the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty nor to the Missile Technology Control Regime or MTCR. Such being the case, it has a right to conduct as many nuclear tests or missile launches as it wants in the event that the supreme interests of the state are infringed upon. Such self-defensive measures do not run counter to any other international law.

The world will soon find out how the army and people of the DPRK will stand up against the high-handed and get-it-alone approach of the UNSC in defending its dignity and sovereignty.

The U.S. is keen on using a catchphrase "Carrot and stick."

It would be better for the "Donkey" of the U.S. Democratic Party to lick the carrot.

It sounds to me like they plan on pushing this as far as they can this time. I don't know if they will outright attack anyone, but they certainly don't plan on stopping their tests anytime soon.

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The five permanent members of the UNSC have conducted 99.99 percent of all the nuclear tests.

North Korea conveniently omits to mention the five permanent members have co-operated to prevent nuclear weapons proliferation...

... whereas North Korea is actively proliferating nuclear weapons to countries threatening to use them.

Big difference Mr Kim Il Jong. Kissing babies and trying to minimise NK's conduct does not wash.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hey,

Wow, that argument was well worded and clearly defined the views of the North Korean government.

Korea Central News is a reputable site that is fed media releases from the North Korean government. It operates with their blessing.

I'm actually quite impressed by the stance taken by the North Koreans (only in regard to this media release though). It almost sounds like something an ATS member would write!

Apart from the end that started to veer into war mongering again.

Still, it's a release that may help identify the reasons North Korea has been acting this way. Star and flag for you!

Cheers

Shane

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Its a scary time for sure. im sure a lot of Governments are scratching their heads on this one.

I was reading some very interesting articles earlier about N.Koreas oil reserves, 155 million tons (12 million barrels) worth.

It seems, Iraq, Iran and N.Korea are all oil related.

The difference being here though, China is heavily invested in N.Koreas natural resources, so I doubt they would be too happy about an American attack.

China has sharply expanded its business ventures in North Korea in recent years, tapping into the country's natural resources as it seeks to boost its leverage over the communist state

source -

www.energy-daily.com...

Sorry if this is a bit off the topic of your post, but im certain this all ties in with the global agenda at the moment. there is always more going on than meets the eye in these situations as we have learned throughout history

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

It would be better for the "Donkey" of the U.S. Democratic Party to lick the carrot.

this sentence shows the humor of DPRK,it is truly interesting.
by the way, i suppose the DPRK does have the right to do all the things it has conducted. why not?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Its a scary time for sure. im sure a lot of Governments are scratching their heads on this one.

I was reading some very interesting articles earlier about N.Koreas oil reserves, 155 million tons (12 million barrels) worth.

It seems, Iraq, Iran and N.Korea are all oil related.

The difference being here though, China is heavily invested in N.Koreas natural resources, so I doubt they would be too happy about an American attack.

China has sharply expanded its business ventures in North Korea in recent years, tapping into the country's natural resources as it seeks to boost its leverage over the communist state

source -

www.energy-daily.com...

Sorry if this is a bit off the topic of your post, but im certain this all ties in with the global agenda at the moment. there is always more going on than meets the eye in these situations as we have learned throughout history

www.infoplease.com...

Rank Country Proved reserves
(billion barrels)
1. Saudi Arabia 262.3
2. Canada 179.21
3. Iran 136.27
4. Iraq 115
5. Kuwait 101.5
6. United Arab Emirates 97.8
7. Venezuela 80.012
8. Russia 60
9. Libya 41.464
10. Nigeria 36.22
11. Kazakhstan 30
12. United States 21.757
13. China 16
14. Qatar 15.207
15. Mexico 12.352
16. Algeria 12.27
17. Brazil 11.773
18. Angola 8
19. Norway 7.849
20. Azerbaijan 7

Yes it must be about oil, it couldn't be about a crazy leader blowing stuff up and saying they will not listen to anyone. It couldn't be about a country making Nukes and ICBM's and selling them off to terrorist groups and countries that would use them for religious motivation.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

just like it was with iraqs WMD's

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I agree. If this was about oil, we would have been in there a long time ago. The problem with North Korea is that there is nothing to gain and everything to lose.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Iraq is ranked 4th on that list so that argument would stand a bit better then attacking North Korea for oil. The situation is a bit different also, but then again I still think Sadam was a very bad man.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

North Korea conveniently omits to mention the five permanent members have co-operated to prevent nuclear weapons proliferation...

... whereas North Korea is actively proliferating nuclear weapons to countries threatening to use them.

Big difference Mr Kim Il Jong. Kissing babies and trying to minimise NK's conduct does not wash.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by sy.gunson]

I must have missed where Israel gave up all their weapons.

Israel being the largest recipient of aid from the US in the order of 3 billion dollars a year.
so how has the US co-operated to prevent nuclear weapons proliferation?

It doesn't matter how many you get rid of as long as your closest ally takes up the slack hey

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The fact is that no on gives a damn about NK. It is just not an important member of the global community. Its major export is fake goods and counterfeit currency. They make trouble because they really have nothing else to give the world. Kim Jung Il is a joke.

His people are mind numbed slaves that have no lives and do not care if they live or die. How would they know the difference. They live in hell already. I hope this piece of crap little nation can find the intestinal fortitude to off this crazy SOB running the place but it is unlikely. Kim and his family have brought their nation nothing but suffering and ruin.

They live in palatial mansions and the rest of the nation lives in squalor. It is a pathetic situation that has outlived its cold war supporters. It has very little rope left to hang onto. The days of KN are short I think.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by UFOTECH]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

this sentence shows the humor of DPRK,it is truly interesting. by the way, i suppose the DPRK does have the right to do all the things it has conducted. why not?

Sounds like a teenager's response to me. Teenagers always have rights but you never hear them argue that they have obligations and responsibilities.

If NK has a right to do as it pleases then it also follows that the United Nations also has a right to impose sanctions therefore why is NK squealing about demanding apologies ?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I think if NK continues on with their actions with continual nuclear tests the world is going to topple down upon them. The damage nuclear explosions do to this planet is just off the charts and maybe once or twice they can get away with it, yet eventually someone or everyone will have to put their foot down and say no more.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I must have missed where Israel gave up all their weapons. Israel being the largest recipient of aid from the US in the order of 3 billion dollars a year. so how has the US co-operated to prevent nuclear weapons proliferation? It doesn't matter how many you get rid of as long as your closest ally takes up the slack hey

Well what you don't know about me Mr Munkey is that unlike you I have actually been a committee member of a CND activist committee in NZ and that I personally led vigils and campaigns calling for Isreal to abandon nuclear weapons and in protest about the arrest of Mordecai Vannunu, so until you actually know anything genuine about me, don't waste my time with gossiping speculation.

I don't give a toss for defending Isreal's ownership of nukes.

What I do know is that for over a decade now Iran has issued public threats to anihilate Isreal with missiles. Iran has also threatened to target all the Gulf States, USA and Europe.

Anybody here think that this is normal behaviour please raise their hands?

I think you are so blind sided to your own prejudices that you find Iran's conduct quite acceptable. That's looney tunes. You have a double standard and are so inured to your own rhetoric that you don't even perceive what you advocate is a double standard.

It is wrong to take life whether it is an isreali life or an iranian life.

You people advocate that it's okay to take one bunch of lives because of their politics. That's the language of hate and prejudice.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
All I want to know is when is the US coming after all of our oil. We are your largest exporter of oil and most other goods but we also import a lot of your goods. I think Canada has even larger reserves than that. There's still alot of unexplored land onshore and off. I think there's lot's off gold, diamonds and other minerals. Being such a large Nothern Hemisphere landmass it's been subjected to Millions or Billions of year of Meteor Impacts. Large meteor impact sites usually yield large amounts of minerals.

Back on topic, sorry! NK might be at a point were things are soo hard internally(starvation, No economy, and all the other crap), that war is their only option(perceived or real?). It's scary as hell, China and South Korea aren't too keen on having a Nuclear showdown in their backyard. China will smarten them up. I think this is all about a shift in power. It's to show that the regime is still strong and soon the son will take over the reigns.

Since Kim's stroke or whatever the Son has been groomed for the Leadership role. I imagine that's what he's been doing since his health problems. Grooming his succesor and soon he will hand over the power and continue to advise his son.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

what you said is only based on your own stance, still lack of logic to deny the right of DPRK. dont lose the ability to argue under such a short fuse, i am older enough.

dont accuse DPRK before you have solid evidence proving that NK has proliferated nuclear stuffs.. no matter the NK is a nuclear nation or not, US should normalize the ties between them and let DPRK join the international community to develop itself rather than maintain to blockade it.

the NK nuclear issue is much more complicated so that one or two sentences cant cover it fully. but basiclly, US should make positive efforts politically and diplomaticly instead of intimidation to solve the problem.

where is your hatred towards NK from? the people living there also have a right to live a normal life without any threats from outside, then focus on the enonomic development.

at least, DPRK never said that it will nuke US but firmly defend itself .

ps.. dont label me as any sort of anti-US guy, i dont support the NK's nuclear venture while just understand its difficulties under such circumstances.

top topics

join