It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect Identified in Tiller Assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Suspect Identified in Tiller Assassination

www.kwch.com

The Associated Press says the man detained in the Kansas City area is 51-year-old Scott Roeder of Merriam, Kansas, according to Law Enforcement authorities in the area.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.google.com
www.nbcactionnews. com

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is already a thread about this story, instead I'd like to focus on the man in custody - Scott Roeder.

Do a little research on Scott Roeder and you'd probably wouldn't be surprised by what you find. I wasn't.

In 1996:

A man identified by the FBI as a member of the anti-government Freemen group was arrested yesterday after deputies found what they called a bomb-triggering device in his car.

Scott Roeder, 38, of Silver Lake, Kan., was arrested in Topeka and held on charges of criminal use of explosives, driving with a suspended license and failure to carry registration and insurance.

Roeder was stopped because his car didn't have a legitimate license plate. Instead, it had a tag indicating the driver was a "sovereign" citizen and immune from Kansas law.

The same type of tag is sometimes used by Freemen, whose members in Montana are in the fourth week of a standoff with federal agents.

Roeder's name is included on an FBI list of Freemen, said Shawnee County Sheriff Dave Meneley.

In Roeder's trunk, authorities found fuse cord, a pound of gunpowder and two nine-volt batteries, one wired to a switch - the alleged triggering device. Ammunition and a blasting cap also were found in the car.

community.seattletimes.nwsource.com...

In 1997:

July 7, Kansas: Scott Roeder is sentenced to sixteen months in state prison for parole violations following a 1996 conviction for having bomb components in his car trunk. Roeder, a sovereign citizen and tax protester, violated his parole by not filing tax returns or providing his social security number to his employer.

www.adl.org...

He also is an active member of Operation Rescue, posting regularly on their forums:

[May 19th, 2007 at 4:34 pm] Bleass everyone for attending and praying in May to bring justice to Tiller and the closing of his death camp. Sometime soon, would it be feasible to organize as many people as possible to attend Tillers church (inside, not just outside) to have much more of a presence and possibly ask questions of the Pastor, Deacons, Elders and members while there? Doesn’t seem like it would hurt anything but bring more attention to Tiller.

It seems as though what is happening in Kansas could be compared to the "lawlessness" which is spoken of in the Bible. Tiller is the concentration camp "Mengele" of our day and needs to be stopped before he and those who protect him bring judgement upon our nation.

www.chargetiller.com...

This is the sort of person that justifies the DOJ putting right wing groups on the 'watch' list. This man was a time bomb, just waiting to go off.

www.kwch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I guess as long as you're white and believe in Jesus, terrorism is A OK.

Line 2

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What I don't understand is how anyone thinks that what he's done is alright. What makes people think that any one man has the right to play judge and jury? This isn't the wild wild west folks. This isn't YOUR world. It's OUR world. The arbitary man doesn't get to decide for the rest of us.

Whether or not you agree with what the doctor was doing, it was legal. Even if it were illegal, you still wouldn't have the right to act as this Roeder did.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
At the risk of being borish for posting in my own thread, I'd like add another comment.

For those who think this sort of thing is the lightning strike, rare and outside the norm, well, so is a lightning strike. And yet, we fear the lightning don't we?

In 20 years we have had 8 murders, 17 attempted murders, 41 bombings, 175 incidents of arson, 96 attempted bombings or arson, 390 invasions, 1,400 cases of vandalism, 1,993 cases of trespassing, 100 butyric acid attacks, 659 anthrax threats, 179 cases of assault and battery, 406 death threats, four kidnappings, 151 burglaries, and 525 cases of stalking directed at abortion clinics, doctors and patients according to the National Abortion Federation.

Sounds like a resounding effort to create fear and terror to me.

new topics

top topics

join