It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Underground Detonation (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Came across this video in the *recommended for you section* of youtube.

i thought with the recent detonation of an underground nuke in NOKO, there might be a spark of interest in what the event may have looked like.

the user AubreyJ818 posted it, but its supplied by the U.S. department of energy.

sorry if this isn't the right board to post this thread in.

edited for clarity.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by hermanthegerman]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hermanthegerman

That was pretty cool. I didn't know that the ground was able to "bend" like that.

The captions at the end said that the explosion left a 320ft. crater in the ground. It would be interesting for a spy satellite to fly over North Korea and snap a picture of the spot where their bomb was supposed to have gone off and see if they actually did do something or not.

Do you happen to live near Detmold, Germany, hermanthegerman?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

It would be interesting for a spy satellite to fly over North Korea and snap a picture of the spot where their bomb was supposed to have gone off and see if they actually did do something or not.

that was one of my first thoughts as well!

Do you happen to live near Detmold, Germany, hermanthegerman?

no i was just born there (Hamburg) , moved to Alaska at a very young age where i still live today.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Food for thought: Just imagine the pure energy needed to move that amount of earth. When it takes a pit mine years and years to reach a depth of 320 this device did it in mere seconds.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Food for thought: Just imagine the pure energy needed to move that amount of earth. When it takes a pit mine years and years to reach a depth of 320 this device did it in mere seconds.

great point, i know back in the 60's they wanted to use them to make a man made harbor

"In 1957, the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission [AEC] established the 'Plowshare Program' to "investigate and develop peaceful uses for nuclear explosives." In early 1958, the AEC selected a site at the mouth of the Ogotoruk Creek near Cape Thompson, approximately 30 miles southeast of the Inupiat Eskimo village of Point Hope. Shortly thereafter, they developed plans for an experimental harbor excavation to be called Project Chariot. Late in 1962, after extensive scientific studies, the AEC announced that it "would defer further consideration of the proposed Chariot experiment," due in part to public criticism....

i dont think there was a single resident on board at the time.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I love the idea of using nukes to move soil
just imagine the meeting, well sir we have moved 300,000,000 tonnes of earth in a few seconds, great when can we start to use the hole, ohhh in about sixty years, well thats saved us ages thank god for nukes

top topics

join