It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this have been a sattellite or what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was walking to go grab a frozen pizza as I wondered what the night sky looked like just now. It was cloudy before and it started clearing up so I wanted to see how many stars were visible.

I went outside and looked around. Everything seemed normal but then I saw this moving dot. It was the exact size as most of the other stars, a little bit brighter. It was moving at a slow, steady pace. Right when I saw it, I ran inside, back up stairs, grabbed my 12x50 binoculars, and rushed back out. The object was still visible, following the trajectory it was on before. I looked at it and still all I saw was a dot.

Right as it passed over the handle of the little dipper, I went to grab a chair, as my hands were shaky and wanted to get a clearer view of the object. As I grabbed it and sat down, I looked up to try and find the object again. I looked everywhere, and I could no longer find it.

Im not to sure this could be a sattelite, as I never see any sattelites around here (i live about an hour away from the city of chicago, so there are only about 50-60 stars in the whole sky visible to the naked eye.)

What did I see?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You probably saw the ISS.

Enter you coordinates here and see what satellites are passing over and at what time:

www.heavens-above.com...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure you just saw a satellite or space junk. I've seen numerous objects like that over the years, space junk usually looks like a flashing light though, at least what I've seen.

PEACE!!!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It was almost undoubtedly one of thousands of visible satellites crossing the skies all the time. I doubt this partiular one was the ISS which doesn't orbit above 51.6 degrees North, so unlikely be seen near the dippers. The Heavens-Above site has all the predictions you could ask for.

WG3

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"G"DAY,

If it just go's bye at a steady pace in one direction, sattellite or junk, still a UFO though.

Now if it go's bye, stop's and dose a U turn then zip's off, ET!!!

new topics

top topics

join