It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most people are too busy & ground down to think about conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
How do we inform people about "the truth" when most of them are too mentally strung out to cope with the information?

The average person with the intelligence to understand the topics we hash over here and with the power and ability to begin to effect change is probably involved in a white-collar job where his or her brain is involved in busywork all day long. If they are lucky enough to have work these days, they are probably doing the work of two or three others that have been laid off. When they get off of work, any mental activities are probably devoted to improving their "skill set" or finding ways to keep their job/advance.

If they have a family or kids, or are trying to romance somebody, that's going to take 90% of whatever free time they have left.

This leaves a tiny sliver of time to devote to the "wider picture." These poor exhausted worker bees are probably going to plunk themselves down in front of the TV and zone out, if they have time for anything. If they do bother with the news, they'll scan the headlines of the mainstream press. They aren't going to have the time or energy to plough through the zillions of conspiracy theories out there to find out "which one is true."

How do we reach these people?

The only silver lining to the fact of massive layoffs is that more intelligent people are going to find themselves with more time to ponder these things, and more anger to harness as they look for reasons behind their predicament.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yeah. Thats probably because most people are dumb.

Even most "smart" people are actually really stupid.

Why? Because they are like parrots, only able to recall what others have written or said, they don't really form their own opinions about anything, instead they pick and choose the opinions of others they happen to think sound good. They don't think anything is real unless they watch it on the news or it smacks them dead in the face first.

The problem is you can't reach someone whos hands are tied, feet are bound, eyes are covered, mouth is stuffed, and locked in a thick steel box.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

As a 58 year old 'worker bee' with two successful kids I'd appreciate you telling me what the 'truth' is. I spent my my early years learning about myself, psychology, art, and now, quantum theory....

Sure, many of us have more pressing needs - like obligations, love to our family but that certainly doesn't make us limited in our views and outlook.

Unfortunately it would seem that too many people have too much time to nuture their neurosis?

Peace!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

I wouldn't go as far as to call most people dumb.

I'd say for the most part people are optimistic and really can't believe that there are people out there really trying to enslave them/lie to them etc. . . You have to remember that we live in America. At a glance you can't truly believe that the American government is doing everything in it's power to destroy themselves? For what purpose? They see this top fact and dismiss the whole thing as bogus because it goes against logic for something like that to happen.

We here have slowly come across this conclusion on our own. I'm sure that most of us here weren't ALWAYS suspicious. It probably went along something like this:

1.) We came across something that peaked our interest.
(In my case it was the 2012 prophecies.)

2.) We get interested in it and get deeper into it.

3.) Eventually we stumble across something that we had no clue about: like the NWO.

Then the chain continues until you're a "Conspiracy Theorist".

Which brings me to another point. Most people don't want to be labeled as such because it comes with the stigma "Crazy". And most folks don't want to be crazy. So what do they do? They do the exact opposite of crazy. And how do you not be crazy in regards to Conspiracy? Simple: to choose not to believe in the whole thing. So that in turn leads them away from subjects like the ones we discuss on this site.

I.e. We're crazy they're not. But who are the one's that are really crazy?
They're crazy not dumb.

So how do we inform these people? Well the first step would be to some how get rid of the stigma that we're a bunch of loonies.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave
reply to post by silent thunder

As a 58 year old 'worker bee' with two successful kids I'd appreciate you telling me what the 'truth' is. I spent my my early years learning about myself, psychology, art, and now, quantum theory....

Sure, many of us have more pressing needs - like obligations, love to our family but that certainly doesn't make us limited in our views and outlook.

Unfortunately it would seem that too many people have too much time to nuture their neurosis?

Peace!

I'm a worker bee too, so don't get yer hackles up my friend.

"The truth" comes out and drips and drabs...none of us know the whole thing. But we can rest assured that what the media is telling us about politics and economics is extremely distorted. In this sense, the truth is defined negatively. It is only by poking around alternative websites that we begin to get a clue of the real shape of things. And the "alternative website" world is full of garbage as well. Its basically a process of sifting through lots of gunk for the few diamonds in the rough. Its a process that takes time, and my point is that few have the will or energy to undertake this process.

I think if people could just realize en masse that they are being lied to on a regular basis by the institutions they trust (everything from Time and Newsweek to the utterances of the Fed and Treasury), that would be a big step forward. Unfortunately, getting people to realize this truly, at a gut level, and en masse is a big step.

top topics

join