It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tea partiers the new 'terrorists'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Are tea partiers the new 'terrorists'?

www.wnd.com

Steve Shirk, a Tea Party Patriots blogger who attended the Atlanta Tea Party, said he began a letter-writing campaign in September 2008 to representatives, senators and the White House to express his frustration with what he considers to be irresponsible spending. He said he sent his letters through the official government websites with identifying information and indicated that he was offering his political opinion about pending legislation or governmental policy.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Department of Homeland Security has classified most of the American people as 'potential terrorists' in its report called "Rightwing Extremism : Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment". Not only are returning veterans tagged with being potential terrorists , but also people who oppose abortion ( most people), oppose same-sex marriage (most people),oppose restrictions on fire arms ( again most people), oppose Lax Immigration Laws??? (yeah), and the list goes on including the policies set by Obama on immigration and citizenship?? These facist tactics have only one ultimate goal, to disarm the American public as we slowly slide into the NAU.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting. This could be the start of America's downfall. The government know that we are all stronger and more powerful than them, and they're running scared by labeling you as terrorists and taking your freedoms.

Every empire has the day where it falls. America's time is near.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well I think your opinion of what most people support and don't support might be a little generalized. However the American Government has labeled everybody a terrorist.

George said it himself way in the beginning. "If your not with us, you're against us". He didn't just mean that for foreign countries, he meant it for his whole populace.

Obama is simply continuing that rhetoric behind closed doors, instead of our in the open. That the only difference between republicans and democrats. Republicans tell you when they're screwing up and not listening to the public.

They are usually quite proud of it. Democrats however, do the same thing as republicans, they just choose to lie to the public about it and pretend everything is ok.

Another day in politics. Same *snip*, bigger pile, smaller shovel.

~Keeper

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

And this is why we don't use WND as a valid news source:

But Shirk claims that on April 23 he was visited by the Joint Terrorism Task Force of the FBI.
(emphasis mine)

Perhaps a little fact checking would be useful before we print stories.

However if it is true then it surely is unconstitutional and plain wrong.

IF it is true.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If "teapartiers are terrorists, we better watch out for THIS GUY!!

He's worse than BIN LADEN!!!!

Seriously, why don't we just make everyone who's not a brainwashed, spoon-fed, sheep out ot be a terrorist! We can save much precious time and deliberation!! If you oppose anything the government does, you are a TERRORIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only real terrorists are the suit and tie crooks that run this world. They spread terror, using the media as their vehicle so we can all live in constant fear. THAT by definition, is terrorism. Then we can tear eachother apart as new definitions of what a "terrorist" could be are constantly thrown at us.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

What got me is the DHS making the announccement at the "Tea Party' in New Mexico was "Smile , you are being watched ". As they were photographing every person attending.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You know, coming from the bad old days of the Janet Reno Department of Justice when the ‘Dangerous American’ list was maintained and I was on it, I can remember being number 50 on the list and calling Janet Reno personally (I only spoke to one of her aides) to complain about only being number 50; the aide said that he would see what he could do to get me moved up the list.

Those were the days of calling the Justice Department and announcing that if they came to one of several states to try a Waco there, we would send them back to Washington in body bags. Those were the days when several hundred armed and determined Americans made the Feds back down.

Then they began picking us off one by one with false and manufactured charges; they had waited until we had relaxed and began picking us off. The main reason for their success is that we could not remain united; White Separatist and Nazis had infiltrated our ranks and began to poison us from within.

I pray this time we remain united and pure in our patriotic fervor for Americans of all colors and religious (or lack thereof) beliefs. We must remain united and dedicated to the restoration of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights for all Americans, not just the ones who agree with and look like us. The Revolution is beginning…

[edit on 5/30/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Did England think of the leaders of the 13 colonies as terrorists? Who won in the long run? Who was right in the long run?

The word and term and definition of terrorist is so relative, it almost has no meaning anymore.

Not caring who wins in the end I do, ,,May the people who give the most effort win in the long run.!

[edit on 30-5-2009 by wiredamerican]

top topics

join