It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If people are broke, they can't access the Internet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Here is one of my concerns.

More people are out of work, more people are just trying to feed their families, so one of the first things to go will be their internet access.

I am afraid that a lot of people will not be able to voice their concerns and thoughts on the internet, and I think that may be the aim of our rulers.

After all, if you shut the people up, they cannot communicate and say anything against these rulers of the world.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodline

what was the point of that?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Howdy spellbound..... Um.. you might to familiarize yourself abit more with this site...This post of yours has nothing to do with UFOs or aliens ..I think it would be better suited in global meltdown...

Also every library in America has internet access and most McDonalds offer free wifi for lap top users...

The internet is so accessible today more so then ever..So I dont really share your concern over losing the net via poverty.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
On point. It is extremely cost effective to get broadband cable or whatever and share it with your neighbors by using a pre-shared key and WiFi.

BTW, whatever Mod is going to delete or lock this, can you bust me down to -1,000 points or so?

[edit on 30-5-2009 by FrankWhite222]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

WOW, this was my topic and some nut came in and you tell me to get real???

GET REAL!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Also, someone actually starred you for being completely off-topic, ignorant and preaching.

OK, bring on the aliens or armaggeddon - we are too dumb to live.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Think Tritorite and Bloodline were trying to help by pointing out you had posted in the wrong area. Also, Frankwhite and Tritorite both made reasonable comments regarding the availability of internet... No sure why you are so upset?

Peace!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

what are you on about, it's in the wrong forum, thats all someone said, and you get all arsy, because someone said that its easy to get free connection to the net.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Apologies to everyone - I thought when you did a new post it would start in a different place.

I am so sorry to everyone.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ok, stay on topic please.

Thanks,
gallopinghordes
ATS member and mod

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

Please help me here - I posted a topic, then I got reprimanded from all these people who say I am in the wrong forum, then I get your message to stay on topic - I just cannot understand what is happening - these people seem to be saying I am in the wrong forum.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Hi,

Your original post was in UFO and Aliens forum - it has been moved and now is the correct forum.

Peace!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Apologies to everyone - I thought when you did a new post it would start in a different place.

I am so sorry to everyone.

Don't apologize or even respond to people who are rude and off topic. It was an honest mistake and everyone should have known that to begin with. There was no need to even point out that it was in the wrong forum... mods do a very good job of keeping up with these things. People who respond like that immediately take the thread off topic.

On topic - I've thought about this a lot lately actually. Although I'm not sure that that's the aim of our leaders, but I agree that it is a concern. Many Americans don't live close to a public library and won't have easy access as they do now so they will just forget about it. Actually, it had been years since I'd been to a public library or even thought about going to one until my kids asked to go. I was amazed at the lines of people waiting for computer access - which is another drawback of just dismissing your concern saying that they always have access at the library. A lot of people just won't bother.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

how long will it be free anyway?? see above link to another thread.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thank you for your support.

I really think this will happen.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Around 2003, I drove to work, ~40 miles, with my laptop turned on and running netstumber.

I came across over 800 WiFi access points and more than half of those were not using any kind of encryption.

I bought one of these guys cgi.ebay.com... 10d93f5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

I mounted that to the roof with a servo to remotely control the direction it is pointing. I can always get free WiFi if my main connection is not working.

This along with Airecrack can get me into just about any wireless network, although cracking a WEP key to use a network is illegal in many areas, so check where you live before doing this.

I don't believe it is illegal to use an open access point, so long as you just use it for the web and not to hack the other computers on the network.

Also, when you connect to that network, you become a target as well, so make sure you are protected.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellboundI really think this will happen.

I don't see internet access being that much of an issue for the vast majority of households that have it. For a lot of people it would be one of the VERY last things to go, right before being homeless.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankWhite222

Starting bid: US $75.00

surely that and the cost of petrol, and use of free time is not worth it compared to a subscription?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think the issue is more of will people keep their computers? I have been without a job for 6 months now and have contemplated selling one of my computers. (I have 3 I made myself)

Instead I decided to get rid of internet and cable, stealing it from my neighbors now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join