It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami man awarded more than $1B in suit against Fidel Castro, Che Guevara

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Miami man awarded more than $1B in suit against Fidel Castro, Che Guevara

www.miamiherald.com

In what is considered the largest civil judgment against the Cuban government, a Miami-Dade judge on Friday awarded more than $1 billion to a Miami man who blamed Fidel Castro and his Cuban revolutionary sidekick Che Guevara for his father's suicide in 1959.

''What they did was torture this family and tear it apart,''

Said Villoldo: ``You have brought closure to us after 50 years. Justice has prevailed.''

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What are you kidding me????

1 BILLION DOLLARS???????????

Ya justice has prevailed
Sureeeeeeeeee

This is disgusting
This judge should be imprisoned!

How can a U.S. judge even have juristiction over this scenario to begin with, let alone award the guy 1billion bucks.

Doesn't something not seem right here?

EDIT: Cuba can come back with the world court and sue as well
they can do that@!

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is laughable. I wonder if either the judge or the plaintiff actually think this "decision" means anything. Does this guy actually expect to see any money?

Why only a billion? Why not 10, or 30? Why not a hundred billion? Regardless of the amount of the award, the amount paid will always be zero.

So, congratulations on wasting tax dollars, and a very creative way to misuse government time and resources!

Y'know, this could be an interesting precedent for cases brought against U.S. administrations (both past and present).

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Where can I file a suit against the US Government for giving my father a brain tumor?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Where can I file a suit against the US Government for giving my father a brain tumor?

Try the courts in Cuba, or France or North Korea. It would mean as much in those courts as this Miami one does. What a joke, the judge should have thrown it out.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Maybe my uncle can sue and get some money back for running guns to Castro while he was still in the mountains, and before he went "commie."

Never did get paid for that last load.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
1,000,000,000 dollars. Wow.

That's alot, well chump change for the gov't.

I too question how he even has jurisdiction over different countries, how does he expect to get the 1,000,000,000 dollars.

Seems like something of Austin Powers. "I want one Trillion dollars". "Sir that type of money doesn't exist...." "Oh..."

new topics

top topics

join