It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police getting more firepower

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConserVet
I don't personally believe that we'll be any safer with the average Boston cop armed with an AR pattern rifle.

It is, however, asinine to maintain that an 5.56mm NATO rifle is comparable to a .22 squirrel gun like some folks have pointed out. An AR of any caliber, be it a .223, .308, 6.8mm, or whatever is a modern centerfire rifle firing modern munitions and is a force to be reckoned with in any tactical situation. Run away, run away quickly.

I too, do not believe that the Citizens of Boston will be any safer with the police armed with this rifle, pistol, or that rifle or pistol. When the economy goes in the tank ...and it will....city and state services will be cut. We are going to have a California template very soon by which to measure what I am saying...provided our whorish, pimping media does not cover it up to much as they are covering up and hiding what is happening in Europe and the UK. I know our whorish political media is hiding, coveriing up, and concealing much of what is happening with drugs, and immigration, down on our border states...and for political reasons.

I have no reason to debate the merits or demerits of this cartridge or that as I, like Dooper, reload for many of them. The characteristics of them are known to me ..no matter from what firearm they are discharged.

Thanks,
Orangetom

<< 2  3  4   >>

join