It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marc Rich Tied to U.N. Oil-for-Food Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well, well, it seems our boy Marc Rich , who has probably been the only person aquited of a crime for which he was never tried, has lunged back on the world news radar with the best of company. Yeah, now I know whats coming...I can pretty much bet you're thumbing through the playbook to counter this story. I already know how you're going to do it. You're going to call attention away from Mr. Rich's role in it by changing the subject to someone else's. Well, if that is in fact you strategy, I will ask that only post pertaining to Mr. Rich be discussed in this thread and that you start a new thread if you wish to discuss other topics.

"One of Marc Rich's companies was on the United Nations list that was approved to trade and transport Iraqi oil," Fox News Channel's Eric Shawn reported Tuesday.

And it appears that Mr. Rich's firm, Marc Rich & Co. Investments AG, may well have been given that approval by the U.N. before the presidential pardon.

That means the U.N. was ready to do business with America's most-wanted white collar criminal, while other program participants were busily stuffing their pockets with Saddam Hussein's kickbacks."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Somehow, I wouldn't put it past Mr. "Reich" being involved in the oil-for-food scam.

Mr. Rich was involved in many, many shady deslings, including those of the 1980-Iran era:
www.rense.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No no no. You can't blame Mark Rich for anything regarding this scandal because somewhere, sometime, somehow, George Bush has done something not nice. We have a moral duty to disregard Mr. Rich's actions and only focus on what Bush does because his weak opposition in this year's election has proven to have ZERO issues of his own to impress the American public with and instead has changed his name on the ballot from Kerry to 'Anti-Bush'.

Seriously, the Dems could run Donald Duck and their campaign would be the same as it is now.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
No no no. You can't blame Mark Rich for anything regarding this scandal because somewhere, sometime, somehow, George Bush has done something not nice. We have a moral duty to disregard Mr. Rich's actions ......

And, how is this Deny Ignorance

From what I see, Mr. Rich is an equal opportunity scammer---he's worked for Bush Sr and Clinton, has CIA connections.
Why disregard him? He may be crucial to the whole food-for-oil scandal. I find it very curious he's been in the shadows for sooo many years.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was being very very very sarcastic

Kinda beating the Kerry supporters to it before they could say what I know they will say. Doesn't it sound outrageous when phrased honestly? lol

join