It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has The Right To Self-Defense!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Don't be ridiculous Oppenheimer and his team had no idea what the created... it took years for them to begin to understand just what was really going on... allow me to share a couple of quotes from the time...

J. Robert Oppenheimer: We had a very interesting study group this summer. Perhaps, too interesting. Much of it was Edward Teller taking us down some pretty strange paths. Have you met Edward, yet? Amazing man. At one point he stopped us cold with calculations that seemed to indicate the heat build-up in a fission explosion could cause a reaction between deuterium and nitrogen.
Gen. Leslie Groves: Meaning?
J. Robert Oppenheimer: We could set fire to the world's atmosphere.
Gen. Leslie Groves: My God!
J. Robert Oppenheimer: It's alright. Hans Bethe checked the figures and it seems Edward had been a little imprecise.
Gen. Leslie Groves: There's no chance?
J. Robert Oppenheimer: Oh, there's a chance, but, not as great as Edward thought.
Gen. Leslie Groves: There is a chance?
J. Robert Oppenheimer: Three in a million.

Now here's the rub.. there were two groups on the day of testing one said they would only get a big boom the other thought they'd set fire to the world's atmosphere. Oppenheimer was in that second group, in fact he was the most vocal they would end all life on earth....he pushed the button anyway and while he did we get his most famous quote

J. Robert Oppenheimer: I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

No thay had no idea what they were doing up there in the hidden city

<< 1   >>

join