It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed over Devon resort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
kinda cool may be fake what do you guys think

The video was uploaded to the You Tube site on May 18 and shows a strange very bright light - sometimes very regular in shape - moving across the sky. At times, the light seems to come very close to land and then moves away again

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. It's to shaky though. Maybe someone can do that thing to this video where it makes the rest of the vid move around the center object so we can get a better picture of it???

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No idea, but I am thinking mirage, balloon, or some image of a human made space vehicle or satelitte. Either way, way to little info to go with for anything definitive.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
No idea, but I am thinking mirage, balloon, or some image of a human made space vehicle or satelitte. Either way, way to little info to go with for anything definitive.

I highly doubt it's a man made space craft hoving above the ocean. Dont think it's a mirage either. Maybe a mylar baloon but it doesnt appear to be drifting in the wind wlthough it is pretty far away so who knows. Satelite? Ummm. Definately not!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ls1cameric

Light refractions over the ocean under certain conditions can make things appear in ways you would never imagine.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
well so could swamp gas but i have never seen a picture of swamp gas or natural ocean skylights.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reminds me a little bit of that kite ufo one in london. I'll hop on over to yuotube and see if i can find which one I mean.....

This one

Not exactly the same, but it's in different light conditions so who knows. But it does look to be over the sea, which rules that out just a wee bit
(but that could also be a trick of the camera, could be some kid a few rows down in the park)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I live in Devon not far from Exmouth, there has been a few sightings this month. One in Ashburton on the 19th.
I live 5 mins from the sea, can see it from my front window, I have never seen anything like this.
Will see if there is anything in the local papers and news.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by ls1cameric

Light refractions over the ocean under certain conditions can make things appear in ways you would never imagine.

Just to build on this post, when I was in Maui taking sunset pictures one evening I saw at first what appeared to be a UFO only to be let down as the sun was reflecting just right off the water and the aircraft to make it appear to be not of this world.

Before I could even snap the pick I realized what it was and could see the aircraft but had I got the pick would of made for a good before and after pick to show how easily things can be mistaken.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
I live in Devon not far from Exmouth, there has been a few sightings this month. One in Ashburton on the 19th.
I live 5 mins from the sea, can see it from my front window, I have never seen anything like this.
Will see if there is anything in the local papers and news.

What ever it is ,it has now made the news ,well local news anyway./m7qsp8

I am guessing because of the time it was shot 7.30 in the evening (it is getting dark by about 8.30 in uk) that it is probably a plane or helicopter with their headlights on coming in head on and that is why he stops filming .

[edit on 28-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Exactly, a lot of people see something that truly is abnormal (like a odd mirage, miltary craft,etc but not alien) and automatically think "It has to be a UFO piloted by the Greys!" People are so quick to jump on pictures and blindly believe them to be 110% authentic proof of an alien vessel. That is one reason Ufology is not taken seriously. It is good to investigate any and all evidence about UFOs, but it is not good however, to make your first assumption be that it is a definite alien craft. Sometimes the desire for truth clouds the pursuit of truth. This case, IMO is nothing alien related and likely a mirage.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's a UFO Sam Roto Kite

Looks like someone is flying one on the beach down behind the caravans. You can also see a darker kite flying next to it at the beginning of the video.*

Edit: *On closer inspection this appears to be a hair or something a lot closer to the camera - maybe they are filming through a window - it seems to move when they zoom in on the kite.

[edit on 28/5/2009 by MarrsAttax]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think that thing is a little far out to be a kite.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

It looks far away to you because it you've assumed it's a big object. It's actually a smaller object closer to the camera. It also looks farther away because it is above the horizon which fools the eye into thinking it must be level with it. However, it just means its on a long piece of string.

I've seen one of these kites in real life and it fooled me for a while until I got closer to it.

Here's a comparison:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/90571fd1d76b3a5f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/29623656cdbae8e7.jpg[/atsimg] (flipped horizontally to match aspect of UFO)

top topics

join