It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furor grows over partisan car dealer closings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Great thread and outstanding research. I love the convenience of one stop reading.

This is certainly bad news for Barry and co. After 100 days I wouldn't put anything past him. During a $30,000 per couple DNC fundraiser in Los Angeles, he told a group of the Hollywood elite that "you ain't seen nothing yet". Absolutely amazing to me. I fear what he has up his sleeve for our ailing nation.

Regarding the auto dealers. I was always under the impression that they own a franchise and that they don't cost the auto manufacturers any money. The only one that suffers in the ailing market is the dealer who is holding the inventory that he bought from the manufacturer. Closing the dealership should be of no interest to the manufacturer. Just like any independent business, if you can't make it, you have to close up shop.

I am just speechless and disgusted with what is happening right before our very eyes.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
With the exception of one or two the majority of car dealership owners I have ever done business with were pretty conservative dudes and if that is true of the majority of owners (and I am not saying that it is, rather it is my experience) then ergo the majority of car dealerships being shut down are owned by conservatives.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Chrysler Conservatives Axed - Only Blogs Investigate

The announcement of a Supreme Court nominee notwithstanding – even if it the nominee is being billed as ‘historic’ – should not, and would not, hold an honestly curious media in such rigid sway. And if bloggers can find the time to investigate, why can the New York Times not spare even a junior reporter to do the same? Why are the part-time journalists asking the questions that should come from an investigative press?

Good question.

Hello Grover.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

"you ain't seen nothing yet".

Yes, as if he thinks his plans have succeded?

Did you see the video and the cheers,

Where am I?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
General Motors said in a regulatory filing on Thursday that it has proposed a new deal to a committee representing many of its largest bondholders, offering an equity stake of as much as 25 percent in the restructured automaker if bondholders don’t oppose G.M.’s reorganization plan.

The filing also fills out many of the details of that plan, crafted under the eye of the Treasury Department, which would be G.M.’s majority owner once it emerged from bankruptcy protection with a 72.5 percent stake.

G.M. also confirmed that the government would provide more than $50 billion in bankruptcy financing to see the company through its Chapter 11 filing. What will emerge, through an asset sale known as a 363 transaction, is a newer, slimmer G.M. with about $17 billion in debt.

(Excerpt) Read more at dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com ...
dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The video certainly speaks volumes as to the true character of our ever so humble president. If there was a heavy blue velvet curtain behind him I would think that he was conducting a late night TV monologue. I was looking for the courteous laugh from his bumbling sidekick Biden sitting on the sofa.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The video certainly speaks volumes as to the true character of our ever so humble president. If there was a heavy blue velvet curtain behind him I would think that he was conducting a late night TV monologue. I was looking for the courteous laugh from his bumbling sidekick Biden sitting on the sofa.

You know what,jibeho.

After Biden's teleprompter joke yesterday,

I think Biden is sick of Obama actually.

One has to wonder.

Print ShareThisDETROIT — A person briefed on General Motors Corp.'s plans says the company on Monday will identify the 14 factories it will close as it heads toward an a likely Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filing.

The person says United Auto Workers officials in Detroit have told plant-level union leaders that the company will make the announcement, not the union. The person did not want to be identified because the plan has not been made public.

GM spokeswoman Sherri Childers Arb would not comment on Thursday.

GM has said it soon will identify factories to be closed under its restructuring plan. About 21,000 jobs will be lost.

www.foxnews.com...

So with Obama's crowing in Cali yesterday, he thinks this is success?

Oh wait, yes, if the downfall of America is in his agenda, yes this is success.

[edit on 013131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Shocker: Dems Tell Obama To Let the Market Decide Dealership Closures

www.politico.com...

patriotroom.com...

briefingroom.thehill.com...

Barney Frank convinces GM CEO to keep his district's plant open
@ 4:01 pm by Michael O'Brien
Rep Barney Frank (D-Mass.) won a stay of execution on Thursday for a General Motors plant in his district that the automaker had announced it would close.

No other lawmaker has managed to halt the GM ax. As chairman of the House Financial Services Committee Frank oversees the government's bailout program, known as TARP. Frank's staff said the lawmaker spokes with GM CEO Fritz Henderson on Wednesday and convinced him to keep the Norton, Mass. plant open for at least 14 months.

briefingroom.thehill.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join