It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masa Harina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hi all

Does any one know of where in Australia I can get Masa Harina.

Mexican being one of favorite foods, I would like to make my own corn chips, tortillas etc, how ever I can not locate masa harina in Australia.:bnghd:

Is there an other name it goes by, or is there another ingredient I could use?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
at first I thought you were talking about "Farina" and I was about to say wow someone else other than me has eaten this stuff

but what you're talking about can be substituted with corn meal flour... Check for the Goya brand section in your supermarkets.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LenGXV6
Hi all

Does any one know of where in Australia I can get Masa Harina.

Mexican being one of favorite foods, I would like to make my own corn chips, tortillas etc, how ever I can not locate masa harina in Australia.:bnghd:

Is there an other name it goes by, or is there another ingredient I could use?

You may already know that "corn starch" doesn't have anything to do with corn in Australia (its made from wheat).

I recently bought some Aunt Jemima corn meal at the USA Foods Store in Melbourne, but that doesn't help you much in Perth. There is also a Mexican importer (Aztec Products) near the airport, but again no help to you in Perth.

I have found in the past that "Polenta Flour" (not the instant polenta stuff) is virtually identical to Masa Harina. You should be able to find this at a good Middle Eastern deli.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hello Len,

Here is a link to a blog that is maintained by a resident of Melbourne, Australia. Her name is Ilanit Tof. You can post that question for her and she will give you the specific information you need.

www.energizedeating.com...

top topics

join