It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in *Insert Religion Here*?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Well I was baptized near the birth era of my life and three times after, just to make sure I guess.

Never ever, had I felt I was spoken to, maybe moved, as in the sense theres a car coming at you and you want to move. Though never words nor anything of the sort?

I was in my sense a extreme fundamentalist christian, worthy of a stigmata! To catch my extremism, I isolated myself from all things not from what I believed was the Judiao God Yahweh. I encased myself in a small circle and made it mine and Its!

I eventually became more aware, and more curious of what lays next to this, and why I cannot and am asked not to doubt this god, well at first hesistant, because satan causes you doubt so stay away from doubt. Which seemed proposterous because, we've doubted many things and spectacular things had come.

Point being though back on track, i've never ever experienced anything like that.

I've had more spiritual and euphoric then anything (and i've done it) experiences in DREAMS, then meditating, extreme praying, extreme bible studying. Dreams were the most profound and at the same time ridiculous!

I just can't understand it, I mean if there was a god, hear me out now, would he not try to proclaim himself to me, what is the purpose for him to hide...... it's pointless if life is a game of hide and seek, we're nothing but three year olds that are bored. I think truly a deity would make himself clearly known to me if it existed, and not just in a cheeto.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by badmedia

Well I was baptized near the birth era of my life and three times after, just to make sure I guess.

Never ever, had I felt I was spoken to, maybe moved, as in the sense theres a car coming at you and you want to move. Though never words nor anything of the sort?

I was in my sense a extreme fundamentalist christian, worthy of a stigmata! To catch my extremism, I isolated myself from all things not from what I believed was the Judiao God Yahweh. I encased myself in a small circle and made it mine and Its!

I eventually became more aware, and more curious of what lays next to this, and why I cannot and am asked not to doubt this god, well at first hesistant, because satan causes you doubt so stay away from doubt. Which seemed proposterous because, we've doubted many things and spectacular things had come.

Point being though back on track, i've never ever experienced anything like that.

I don't really believe in baptism. Not to say things can't happen at that time, but that the act itself is nothing, and I would say the majority of people experience what you do.

I was saved like 8 times as a kid. I wasn't forced to go to church, but if I was at a friends for a weekend I would go to their church sometimes if they did. I grew up in the bible belt, where you just weren't welcome in someone's house if you didn't believe in god. I knew better than to say otherwise. Nothing ever changed, and I went to many different churches. Almost always the same thing, John 3:16, accept this, you are saved. Never baptized tho.

When I had my experience I was very anti-religious. I wasn't atheists, but I disliked the church and religion very very much. It was the furthest thing away from me. But I was seeking answers to real questions. And it wasn't like I had just started searching either really, I had thought about things for years. But for some reason that day was different. And haven't been the same since. Still don't like religion, and I was never once told anything about Jesus or otherwise. But he does speaks and have the understanding I was given, and I recognize that in him.

I've had more spiritual and euphoric then anything (and i've done it) experiences in DREAMS, then meditating, extreme praying, extreme bible studying. Dreams were the most profound and at the same time ridiculous!

Dreams are one of the ways the father speaks.

Numbers 12
6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

The father is within. I imagine you have spent your life looking "out there". I did for a long time. But you have to look inside yourself to find the father. Know thyself. Find out what you are, and then you will find the father. The spiritual connection within.

I differ from christians in alot of ways. When Jesus is talking about a church, I do not see a physical church. In those days, they would be called synagogues or temples. The true church Jesus speaks of is within you. No man can touch it. It is built from wisdom and understanding which are what is seen as rich in the eyes of the father. As it is within, it is present in both heaven and earth. This is why Jesus speaks in parables, to give understanding. And to help build that church, to share in his riches.

I just can't understand it, I mean if there was a god, hear me out now, would he not try to proclaim himself to me, what is the purpose for him to hide...... it's pointless if life is a game of hide and seek, we're nothing but three year olds that are bored. I think truly a deity would make himself clearly known to me if it existed, and not just in a cheeto.

Wouldn't it be funny if you were god, but you purposely made yourself forget it in order to have this experience and reality, and many others.

Course, can't accept what I say as fact. And what good would it be for you anyway. Step into the rabbit hole, look within and see how deep it goes. At the bottom, you will find 2 beings in existance, father and son and an understanding of why.

When Jesus says they enter not, neither do they allow others to enter, which direction does nobody in this world ever go? Within. People define themselves instead externally with possessions. They are their bodies, their house, their car, their jobs. We all do it.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by badmedia]

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join