It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Troopers Vs. Paramedic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Troopers Vs. Paramedic

www.fox23.com

Caught on tape: a heated confrontation between Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers and a paramedic, while a patient was in the ambulance. It happened near Prague in Okfuskee County as troopers threatened to arrest the paramedic.

During the cell phone video, you can see a trooper put his hand on the paramedic's neck. Okfuskee County officials say they're reviewing the incident.

It happened during an emergency call, as a patient waited in the back of the ambulance. The patient's son was recording the video which was then posted on "You Tube."

The patient was later treated at the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newson6.com

[edit on 28 May 09 by Gools]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
More bad cops? It really seems like the Police are becoming more violent, controlling and losing their tempers here of late. Or is it just that now-a-days they are getting caught? I wonder if choking is something that is being taught to police?
I'm glad this type of stuff is being caught on tape. It really shows that most of us are not being treated with respect.

www.fox23.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
you should read the affidavits that they provided. Rather entertaining to say the least. Now I just need to find the you tube.

edit to say found it:

www.news9.com...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by camain]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
1.) It is not against the law to give a cop the finger.

2.) This trooper screwed up in more ways than one. You never want to piss on someone who might hold your life in their hands one day.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wow that seems to be a totally unnecessary move by the police officer. I don't think this reflects on police as a whole but points out this individual is a real jerk for certain. I think most likely there have always been individuals that have abused the power of being a LEO, it is just that now everyone has a cell phone with a camera or video ability.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I wonder if this was racially fueled or if the cops were just dicks...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yea, I showed it to my wife, she is a ER RN, she is furious, she wants the officer fired. She emailed his boss. I suggested she CC the ACLU into it, but apparently she felt it wasn't racial, just stupidity.

[email protected]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
how many damn times can a law enforcement officer screw up severely bad before people stop looking at these situations as isolated incidences

yea if they happened once in a while fine

but i cant go more then a day without some headline or thread somewhere talking about a new incident where the cop was a complete jackass abusing their power

we really need a revamp of law enforcement

its getting ridiculous

i mean their actions have been ridiculous for a long time now

we're getting ridiculous by allowing it to continue happening day in and day out

cops are so stupid now fireman and emts arent even safe from their abuse

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
that cop better hope he never needs a ambulance to take him to the hospital.

it may be a long and painful ride.....

in Calif its illegal for a cop to pull over a ambulance with red lites going.
all the cop can do is fallow the ambulance to the hospital and then take care of business.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i watched this story last night on local news. the ambulance did not yield to the trooper and thats what this is all about.
i was in shock to say the least. the da says the paramedic assaulted the trooper and it was recorded on dash cam. the da says charges could be filed as early as friday against the paramedic.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Where do cops get off pulling over an ambulance in an emergency situation? They could have put that woman's life in jeopardy, all because the officer was on a power trip.

I'm just totally shocked. I thought emergency vehicles were allowed at least a little leeway as far as traffic laws, I can't count how many times I've seen police officers flash their lights to run red lights, only to turn them off as soon as they get through the intersection.

Both of those officers deserve to be fired immediately, thankfully this incident was caught on video or they would have likely gotten away with it. I'm just glad that most people are carrying portable video devices on their persons these days, maybe it will make officers think twice before they start acting above the law.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think what disturbs me the most about all the recent youtube videos of LEOs tarnishing their badges is the seemingly endemic lack of common sense and common human decency that is evident in these videos.

I'm no huge LEO fan but I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt if the circumstances are ambiguous. I'm inclined to want to crucify this officer based on the fact that he pulled over an ambulance that was transporting a patient. In my mind that shows a lack of common sense and human decency from the start. Anything that happened after the ambulance was pulled over can be blamed on the officer, he initiated the chain of events that led to the confrontation over a perceived slight in a serious lapse of common human decency.

I do hope that there is a statute in OK that makes it a crime to stop a medical vehicle in the process of transporting a patient, and the trooper is arrested at the same time that the EMT is if charges are filed against the EMT.

The more of these videos I see the less I am inclined to give any LEO the benefit of the doubt when accusations are made against them.

This incident though several orders of magnitude less abhorrent and deadly than the Oakland transit cop murdering a subdued man, is easily as disgusting as the TX cop that kept a guy detained while his mother-in-law was dying and knew it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We're seeing PART of the entire event.

The hands on the throat were a bit over the line, but it will not be decided by us.

Perspectives are like puckers.

Everyone has their own.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Just a quick pointer.

When I was a cop, we had four codes:

Code 1 - Get there as quick as you can without lights and sirens
--Used for minor disturbances, no threat of life or limb

Code 2 - Get there as quick as you can, lights and/or siren optional
--used mostly for simple assaults or break ins

Code 3 - Get there ASAP, lights and sirens mandatory, pedal to the metal
--Only used when life or limb is threatened

Code 4 - Get there when you can
--normal everyday run of the mill calls

Most of the time you see cops turn on the lights and/or sirens to run red lights, they will be going somewhere Code 2.

It is very rare for cops to use them just to run lights. You would be surprised at the amount of people that call and complain about this . . . even if you are running code 3 and run the light, someone will complain that you were just doing it to get doughnuts, or lunch, or whatever.

Most people have no idea.

Just helping you to DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Most of the time you see cops turn on the lights and/or sirens to run red lights, they will be going somewhere Code 2.

It is very rare for cops to use them just to run lights. You would be surprised at the amount of people that call and complain about this . . . even if you are running code 3 and run the light, someone will complain that you were just doing it to get doughnuts, or lunch, or whatever.

I actually understand that they do this for a reason. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in one emergency vehicle pulling over another for evading traffic laws, when the first emergency vehicles do it all of the time.

I'm sure as a former cop you agree with me, a police officer should know better than to pull over an ambulance that is rushing a patient to the hospital.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Check my first post in this thread.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ok this has gone way overboard now. I mean when an officer assaults a paramedic that is transporting a patient, there is a servere problem. That officer really needs to be dealt with. That woman could have been having a massive coronary, or he could have caused her to have one. He knowingly put someone's life in jeopardy, and that should not be tolerated.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would like to hear the officers side of the story. OK maybe he flipped you off, OK that's not a crime. Getting mad because he wouldn't move over? Come on, there's just no need for that ESPECIALLY an ambulance. I guess we'll have to wait and see for more details.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I'm sorry, no disrespect meant towards you, but here in Chicago plenty of times it is to go to the donut shop.

I can't count how many times i have seen a squad blow through a red light sirens blasting and lights flashing at a certain intersection only to shut them off when across the street and pull into the Dunkin Donuts half way down the block to join their buddies already there waiting with a table. And no people don't call and complain here because it falls on deaf ears.

I'm not trying to say that all cops do this, just that it truely does happen an awful lot in my neighborhood.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
That police officer had somewhere very important to be..
Thats why he could take five minutes to stop and choke out a paramedic that was transporting a patient.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join