It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Troopers Vs. Paramedic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Highly doubtful the cop(s) will lose their job. They certainly won't have to go to jail for their criminal behavior. At the very worst they'll be transferred to another department and get to start terrorizing a whole new batch of people.

Happens here frequently. The cop that shot and killed a 5 year old boy while shooting a snake out of a tree got transferred a few miles down the road. He's still allowed to carry a gun and be a cop. Don't you feel protected and served?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I seriously doubt anything will happen to the State Trooper.

I'd be willing to bet that the Paramedic gets assault charges against him.

Makes me sick.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
OH my! Whitewave... Why isn't your state going more insane? HOW much floride is in yalls water? I mean dang ..... OK seems to get some of the absolute worst stuff that happens to it tyranny wise anyways.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This type of thing has become the norm. We all see it everyday, and everyday we see people who make excuses for this type of behavior from our "Law Enforcement"

Unfortunately, if nothing is done and this officer is not fired, it will happen again and again and again. This is a proven fact. Let's just look at a relatively popular case that was reported mainly by the Sports Media......

A case out of Dallas Texas where one Officer Robert Powell pulls over Houston Texans Running Back Ryan Moats. Ryan Moats had run a red light as he was traveling to the local Hospital after being informed that his Mother In Law was dying at that very moment. As is operating procedure for any hospital, they notify family when someone is dying, and if you can they allow you to be there. Officer Powell holds up Mr Moats for a total of 13 mins. Even after a nurse from the hospital comes outside and confirms the story that Mr Moats gives the officer, he is held up for another 1 min and 30 seconds, after the officer says, "I'm almost done here" of course Mr Moats is not allowed to leave until the officer makes it a point to give him one final lecture on the proper etiquette of a person in an emergency situation when they are being pulled over. Sadly, his mother in law did indeed pass away while he was outside in a parking lot getting a ticket, being threatened with jail, threatened with having his vehicle towed, and lectured by some idiot pig with no common sense what so ever. Of course I wouldn't want anyone tot take my word for it, or the word of the media. You can watch it for yourself straight from the Police Cam video and decide for yourself if the officers actions seem appropriate to you given the circumstances.

Some people easily dismissed this as a mistake on behalf of the officer, some defended the actions of the officer, or at least attempted to until it was revealed that Officer Powell had been involved in another incident with the wife of Former Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys Linebacker Zach Thomas. In her case, she was pulled over for making an illegal U-Turn. Now why would making an illegal u-turn make news?? Well it seems that for making this illegal U-Turn, Mrs. Thomas was handcuffed, put into the back of the police cruiser, placed in jail and held for 3+ hours, threatened with spending the night in jail, given a total of 5 traffic tickets 4 of which were later dismissed. The only one that was not dismissed was the one for making an illegal U-Turn. Her total time being detained by Officer Powell for a MINOR traffic infraction? A little over 5 hours.

Source

Some claim race was possibly the real underlying issue here as Mr Moats was Black and Zach Thomas's wife is Hispanic. I say it is way more than that in which race has very little to do with it. It is a mindset of being untouchable. It is being drunk with power. It is the ideology that if you enforce the law, you ARE the law and therefor above the law yourself.

So in closing... if this officer is not fired, you better believe some time soon we will be seeing his name again. It is a pattern with police officers like this. They must control, they must exert their authority on someone at any cost. We'll see this pig again, and sadly many more just like him.

Edit to add: Just to clarify something with the Ryan Moats case, at the time that he "ran the red light", what he actually did was turn on his hazard lights, stop at the red light, made sure their was no oncoming traffic (which you can see for yourself in the police cam as the streets are relatively quite) then proceeded to cross the street and "run the red light". Which I must say, is exactly what any rational person would do if they were in the same situation and was rushing to be at the bedside of a loved one who was dying.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by MrWendal]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
I've done similar things to people who were interfering with my duty to protect my patients.

Doing similar things to "people" is a bit different than doing it to state troopers. Also I would NOT assume the paramedic was doing it to "protect the patient". More likely he was angry and doing it because he was frustrated with the police.

Also the article did NOT say what was wrong with the woman, and if it had been a serious life threatening situation I would think they would have made a big deal out of it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

I've done similar things to people who were interfering with my duty to protect my patients.

Doing similar things to "people" is a bit different than doing it to state troopers.

I did it to a cop who was guarding a prison inmate handcuffed to the bed. The patient was in a code blue and the cop wouldn't unlock the cuffs so that we could perform CPR. Since the patient had no pulse or respirations, he was no threat at all. I shoved the cop off balance then grabbed his keys. He started to come after me to get them back but the other 6 nurses in the room stood between us while I uncuffed the dying patient. There's more to the story but suffice it to say that healthcare professionals take their responsibilities to their patients very seriously. It doesn't matter who's interfering; if they're interfering, they gotta go.

Also I would NOT assume the paramedic was doing it to "protect the patient". More likely he was angry and doing it because he was frustrated with the police.

So you wouldn't assume he was doing it for altruistic reasons but you would assume he was doing it for less than altruistic reasons? I find that a little odd.

Also the article did NOT say what was wrong with the woman, and if it had been a serious life threatening situation I would think they would have made a big deal out of it.

Kind of hard to tell sometimes when you pick somebody up. If someone is complaining of chest pain you have to assume they're having a heart attack. "Time is (heart) muscle" If AFTER you get them to the hospital and it turns out to be really bad gastric reflux (indigestion), you still did the right thing. Since paramedics aren't allowed to make medical diagnoses they have to get them to someone who can.

Paramedics don't get the recognition (or pay) that they so richly deserve. If you survive long enough to make it to a hospital where you can get medical care, thank a paramedic.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I thought the police have their authority through consent from the citizenry. I suppose when that goes, the resistance will start sniping with more than just words and the highlight will not be the take down of a suspected perp but diving into ditches.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Since the patient had no pulse or respirations, he was no threat at all. I shoved the cop off balance then grabbed his keys. He started to come after me to get them back but the other 6 nurses in the room stood between us while I uncuffed the dying patient. There's more to the story but suffice it to say that healthcare professionals take their responsibilities to their patients very seriously. It doesn't matter who's interfering; if they're interfering, they gotta go.

Yeah right. If you were talking about saving animals i would sympathize. You shoved a COP and he backed off because of SIX nurses?

In defense of a dying criminal? Wow how touching. NOT. Let him die next time sister.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh, you're one of those "animals are more important than people" types. Well, never mind. No matter.

The point of the paramedic vs. trooper is one of many stories going on in Oklahoma that I'll be following. When details start coming to the surface that are not favorable to TPTB, the stories usually get buried.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Since the patient had no pulse or respirations, he was no threat at all. I shoved the cop off balance then grabbed his keys. He started to come after me to get them back but the other 6 nurses in the room stood between us while I uncuffed the dying patient. There's more to the story but suffice it to say that healthcare professionals take their responsibilities to their patients very seriously. It doesn't matter who's interfering; if they're interfering, they gotta go.

Yeah right. If you were talking about saving animals i would sympathize. You shoved a COP and he backed off because of SIX nurses?

In defense of a dying criminal? Wow how touching. NOT. Let him die next time sister.

Actually if they didn't make any attempt to save the persons life every single one would lose their license and would lose in any civil law suits from the victims family. Chances are the family would have sued the city but would be entitled to also sue and medical qualified personnel directly involved and/or the hospital.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Speaking as a paramedic myself... I was totally outraged at this video... I predict that with enough emails and complaints... The Oklahoma State Patrol might have a few openings... Trooper Martin didn't just pull over any ambulance...he pulled over an ambulance that had a cardiac patient in the back and whose lights and sirens were clearly on... And just who assaulted who I ask? Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't that nice trooper have his hands around that medics neck??? The only time the medic got physical was when he pushed the trooper away so he could return to his patient who by now is hysterical... I would have done the same thing... Trooper Martin deserves nothing less than termination and if I were the DA in Oksuskee (lol) county... I'd be checking out that video... In closing I hope only that the victim and their family, as well as the paramedics, get what they deserve... Justice...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Amen ladyEMT Amen. Gosh you almost sound like one of my sisters

Hopefully the officer will be terminated... Lord knows I too shall be following the story to find out.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This has finally made main stream news and is currently the featured story on Faux News .

According to the Local DA the cop will not be brought up on any charges. The police also released the cops Dash cam and it looks even worse than the cell phone recording in terms of Police misconduct.

The offending officer in question did agree to take some administrative leave time.... Meaning a paid vacation.... He blamed his over reaction of stress from his recent tour of duty in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
EDIT: Lighting strike near home. Over refreshed

[edit on 14-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
EDIT: Lighting strike near home. Over refreshed ....many times... sorry. weather issues locally.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyEMT
Speaking as a paramedic myself... I was totally outraged at this video... I predict that with enough emails and complaints... The Oklahoma State Patrol might have a few openings... Trooper Martin didn't just pull over any ambulance...he pulled over an ambulance that had a cardiac patient in the back and whose lights and sirens were clearly on... And just who assaulted who I ask? Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't that nice trooper have his hands around that medics neck??? The only time the medic got physical was when he pushed the trooper away so he could return to his patient who by now is hysterical... I would have done the same thing... Trooper Martin deserves nothing less than termination and if I were the DA in Oksuskee (lol) county... I'd be checking out that video... In closing I hope only that the victim and their family, as well as the paramedics, get what they deserve... Justice...

you need to watch the video or perhaps read the story before making your biased claims. The Ambulance was not running code ( no sirens no lights) It was not an emergency. the traffic infraction was the drivers fault the EMT in the back had no buisness interfering with the police and after being warned he instead decided to keep instigating the officer and was told he would be arrested if he didn't get back in the ambulance. He Then escalated it and when the LEO tried to cuff him he fought back which led to the first scuffle, the one before the cell phone video shown on you tube starts.
If the EMT was so worried about the patient he would not have prolonged the scene by interfering. The driver admitted he made a hand gesture ( denies flipping him off though).

I know it is fashionable to attack the LEO's on this site but the EMT was acting like a child here, An ambulance only becomes an emergency vehicle when it is running code.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by uncommon-sense]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by uncommon-sense

You new here. Did you come here from freerepublic?

The cop in question WAS ON A CALL! but he thought the traffic infraction of the ambulance was more important then his call.

So does the officer in question bear no responsibility for getting side tracked from his own call..

Also the ambulance was on a call. Transporting a patient. The patient takes all priority. The EMT was trying to explain that to the LEO. EVEN THE LEO SAID HE WAS WRONG!!!! He blamed his misconduct on him recently serving in IRAQ!!! He took a voluntary administrative leave.

You are defending the actions of a man that admitted that he was wrong.

That makes you very very wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
New here doesn't mean I was born yesterday... And no I am not from the free republic, this is the only non hardware site I belong too.

The driver claimed he didn't see the cop car coming yet the car in front of the ambulance did. and got over for it, at which point the ambulance pulled to the left and passed the car cutting off the officer who had full lights going responding to a call, the officer responded to the call where he was back -up, after seeing he was no longer needed he returned to ticket the ambulance.
like I said you need to watch the video from the dashcam... the only one that is unedited.. Also note that the family has refused to give statements because they would be guilty of false reporting if they stuck to the story they told on that day and on the youtube video.

OHP dash cameras recorded the first confrontation between the men. Prosecutors now have that tape, which they say shows Maurice White assaulting Trooper Martin.

link to story.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Seriously u guys in USA have #t up laws, here if a bloody Cop would do that he would get hes arse so fast prosecuted and slammed in jail. thats not how police works, thats how Racisits mofo´s work

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If you see race as an issue in everything you are the racist. the EMT is going to be charged with assault according to the District Attorney, the LEO has been investigated and cleared. The EMT struck the LEO. then resisted arrest.

There are more videos available now including the dashcamif you folks would look at all of the evidence before jumping to conclusions you might be able to deny ignorance instead of exemplify it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join